A Song of Ice & Fire by George R.R. Martin: Book Discussion Thread

Daps
Reppin
I am NOT a sex offender
Yea you're right about the Hound, that slipped my mind. But Jamie and brienne being at kings landing changes a lot of the dynamic during and post purple wedding. I remember Jamie blaming the Kings guard for allowing Joffery and how he could had prevented it had he been there. Also how they were too late to get to Sansa because she had already escaped.
It'll be interesting to see some different reactions from Jamie, now that he's present for what's about to happen.
I agree, I'm looking forward to seeing he and Cersei get into it after Joff dies, with her most likely also blaming him for Joff's death as he is the lord commander of the king's guard and he failed in his only duty.

As for Sansa, I'd guess he shows some regret not listening to Brienne about getting Sansa the hell out of Kings Landing, and that steepens his resolve to see her to safety.

From a TV stand point and a writing stand point I'm guessing Jamie's back because there would have been nothing for him to do while we see the build up for the wedding, right? If I remember the book right he got out Harrenhaal but went back to rescue Brienne and they went to Kings Landing, but after the rescue he didn't actually have any chapters about him until he reached Kings Landing. So from a TV stand point he would have been MIA for a little bit.

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
I agree, I'm looking forward to seeing he and Cersei get into it after Joff dies, with her most likely also blaming him for Joff's death as he is the lord commander of the king's guard and he failed in his only duty.

As for Sansa, I'd guess he shows some regret not listening to Brienne about getting Sansa the hell out of Kings Landing, and that steepens his resolve to see her to safety.

From a TV stand point and a writing stand point I'm guessing Jamie's back because there would have been nothing for him to do while we see the build up for the wedding, right?
If I remember the book right he got out Harrenhaal but went back to rescue Brienne and they went to Kings Landing, but after the rescue he didn't actually have any chapters about him until he reached Kings Landing. So from a TV stand point he would have been MIA for a little bit.
i mean yea but if that's the case why not just bring Jaime and Brienne back to king's landing in the 3rd episode, Joff would already be dead so it could still work :manny:

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
Most of that stuff doesn't make for good tv, definitely not comparing to the sh*t that's about to go down this season. You think we seeing battle for Winterfell and Mereeen next season?

Nothing compares to what is going down this season, not really a fair comparison. And yes, I think both Winterfell and Meereen battles will happen next season. Its time to move on and compress the story, those are the logical stopping points to end next season even though they haven't been in the books yet (but are both written and undoubtedly already read by D&D)

alot of that shyt looks good when you type it out like that but in actuality lot of stuff that happened in that book was flat out boring :mjlol:
Re-read them books breh. Lots of stuff happens, it is just lacking a climax. That is where the battles of Meereen and Winterfell come into play

so many dull points (although they were necessary) like the shyt with bran, it was cool to read but i can't imagine it being half as interesting on screen,

Bran's book shyt is already happening this season, so what will be next season is gonna be all new to us. And how can you possibly say that the introduction of Bloodraven and the Children of the Forest was dull:dwillhuh:

same with Aegon being introduced. Alot of that shyt happened slow as hell in the books, and we both know how the tv crowd wants that quick action.

You seem to be in GRRM's head right now thinking that they are gonna stretch out these books over the course of 3 season. Its all happening in 10 episodes breh. 2 full books minus whatever is already covered this season. The writing is on the wall, we are chugging along and the slow stuff from those books is going to get smashed together like Oblocks head :smugfavre:
and i honestly think alot of them nikkas are gonna be :why: when the story starts going to Dorne, there's already enough tv people having trouble remember what's going on with the characters we got now :lolbron:

Dorne is only gonna be a small part of it all, just like the Iron Islands stuff. It is really drawn out in the books, but so much of it can easily hit the cutting room floor with no ill effect on the story.

Have faith:smugdraper:

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
Nothing compares to what is going down this season, not really a fair comparison. And yes, I think both Winterfell and Meereen battles will happen next season. Its time to move on and compress the story, those are the logical stopping points to end next season even though they haven't been in the books yet (but are both written and undoubtedly already read by D&D)

Re-read them books breh. Lots of stuff happens, it is just lacking a climax. That is where the battles of Meereen and Winterfell come into play

Bran's book shyt is already happening this season, so what will be next season is gonna be all new to us. And how can you possibly say that the introduction of Bloodraven and the Children of the Forest was dull:dwillhuh:

You seem to be in GRRM's head right now thinking that they are gonna stretch out these books over the course of 3 season. Its all happening in 10 episodes breh. 2 full books minus whatever is already covered this season. The writing is on the wall, we are chugging along and the slow stuff from those books is going to get smashed together like Oblocks head :smugfavre:

Dorne is only gonna be a small part of it all, just like the Iron Islands stuff. It is really drawn out in the books, but so much of it can easily hit the cutting room floor with no ill effect on the story.

Have faith:smugdraper:
dog my whole point is that althought alot of that stuff was fine to read, but alot of it was dialouge outside of the mereen/winterfell, so i dont see it looking as exciting on the screen :yeshrug:bran's chapters were some of my favorites cuz it was getting supernatural, but i just can't imagine it looking as dope on tv

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
:beli:

Besides the fact that its the best written book of the series :jawalrus:lets look at what will be happening next season all simultaneously:

--Arya with the Faceless Men
--Bran training his powers, possibly lots of historical flashbacks
--Jon interacting with Stannis
--Sansa and Littlefinger scheming
--Cersei going batshyt insane and captured and strewn about the city naked
--Tyrion having an adventure to meet Dany
--Dany wrapping up in Meereen and the big battle of Meereen
--Bolton vs. Baratheon battle of Winterfell
--A bunch of bad bytches running around Dorne
--Iron Born seeking out Dany and finding her
--Aegon being introduced and invading Westeros
--Lady Stoneheart murking all kinds of motherfukkers
--The North plotting revenge
--Jaime trying to regain his honor

Looks like there is plenty of interesting shyt to me

As far as big moments go, we got:

--Cersei getting caught by the high septon
--The walk of shame
--The battle of Meereen
--The battle of Winterfell
--Jon getting stabbed
--Aegon being revealed and heading to Westeros
--Kevan and Pycelle getting murked

You get extra dap for the AFFC love.

Brehs consider how good the King's Landing scenes are on the show. That guarantees Cersei's scenes will be great next season. Her vs Maergery will make for good television, especially if the Queen of Thorns stays in the city instead of going back to Highgarden.

I think people are gonna really love Arya's arc next season, like seeing Jon in a leadership position, and enjoy the Theon stuff.

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
dog my whole point is that althought alot of that stuff was fine to read, but alot of it was dialouge outside of the mereen/winterfell, so i dont see it looking as exciting on the screen :yeshrug:bran's chapters were some of my favorites cuz it was getting supernatural, but i just can't imagine it looking as dope on tv

If we are judging excitement based on how it compares to whats in store this season, then the entire series has been boring as fukk except for Blackwater and the Red Wedding

I get what you are saying, I just think that you aren't really picturing a condensed AFFC/ADWD in the correct light. Cersei's stuff will be amazing TV, Dany's stuff will be action packed once condensed, Stannis at the Wall will be more interesting than anything he has done up to this point, Jon gonna be chopping off Janos Slynt's head and getting stabbed by his brothers, Arya and the Faceless Men is going to be captivating, the stuff in the North will be slower and more political but could be climaxed with a huge battle that we haven't read about yet.

Dorne and the Iron Islands are a legit concern, but I have faith. Tyrion is also a legit concern, but if the battle of Meereen actually happens next season then we won't get too much bullshyt before he is already back in the thick of things. Aegon is also a concern, but that is all a big setup for the Dance of Dragons 2.0 in season 6 or 7 so we will just have to deal with it for now.

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
If we are judging excitement based on how it compares to whats in store this season, then the entire series has been boring as fukk except for Blackwater and the Red Wedding

I get what you are saying, I just think that you aren't really picturing a condensed AFFC/ADWD in the correct light. Cersei's stuff will be amazing TV, Dany's stuff will be action packed once condensed, Stannis at the Wall will be more interesting than anything he has done up to this point, Jon gonna be chopping off Janos Slynt's head and getting stabbed by his brothers, Arya and the Faceless Men is going to be captivating, the stuff in the North will be slower and more political but could be climaxed with a huge battle that we haven't read about yet.

Dorne and the Iron Islands are a legit concern, but I have faith. Tyrion is also a legit concern, but if the battle of Meereen actually happens next season then we won't get too much bullshyt before he is already back in the thick of things. Aegon is also a concern, but that is all a big setup for the Dance of Dragons 2.0 in season 6 or 7 so we will just have to deal with it for now.
i didn't know they were mixing the 4th/5th books on screen until you said it just now :yeshrug:

that's all I needed to hear :myman:

imagining AFFC getting it's own season had me like :smhcraig: that's the only book that felt like work tryna read it

#Targset gon be reachin like a muhfukka for W's once Dany starts fukking up as a leader in Mereen :mjlol:

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
To be clear, the condensing of AFFC/ADWD is happening but the battles of Meereen and Winterfell being next season are just pure speculation on my part, but speculation rooted in a lot of interview reading and thinking about the adaptations logical next steps

Savior

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
#byrdgang
I dont see how they would condense book 4/5 into 1 season...it would have to be 2 seasons like book 3 for it to be any good.

In unrelated news I dont like how they made Oberyn seem like a full out dikk lover...leave it to HBO to take a vague reference and go all out with that shyt

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
I dont see how they would condense book 4/5 into 1 season...it would have to be 2 seasons like book 3 for it to be any good.

In unrelated news I dont like how they made Oberyn seem like a full out dikk lover...leave it to HBO to take a vague reference and go all out with that shyt
:salute: cosign on both statements, AFFC had a lot of boring shyt going on, but it was important boring shyt so im not sure of how much they can cut out without diluting the story in any way

and that's why i dont watch hbo as much as i used to, they'll force sex scenes on everyone single show they have and most of the time it's just to say they did it :smh:

The Prince of All Saiyans

Formerly Jisoo Stan & @Twitter
Daps

mentioned he had 4 b*stards.

unless they are just slow:rudy:

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
breh is we getting a review? targset#
I thought y'all were used to these reviews dropping on real nikka time by now
3l4d.png