A Song of Ice & Fire by George R.R. Martin: Book Discussion Thread

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
Damn nobody suspects Joff is gonna die next week, outside of one guy I saw on youtube who said he realized Cersei was holding someone's body in one of the trailers.

Will people be disappointed that the death isn't as glorious as they hoped (ie Arya killing him or Dany burning him)? Or will they be so happy he's dead that it won't matter. I remember thinking Joff's death was a cop out initially, but the more I thought about it he died the most painful death outside of the chick who ate her fingers. Choking is no joke, especially when you rip your throat open trying to get a breath...
:wow:

I was glad that he finally died only wished he got it worse. Had a homie tell me that he thinks Joffrey was put in the story to piss people off :russ: He's not even a character you love to hate (like Viserys or Ramsay Sn- Bolton), you just want him gone from the story.

Seeing how the actor got a lot of threat mail for portraying Joffrey, everyone is going to rejoice when he's dead.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Man, I can just imagine new viewers saying "if THAT happened in episode 2, what's gonna happen in episode 9!"

they ain't ready. Even before that you got "only Cat" and Mountain v Oberyn, and perhaps Ygritte's death too (they might do that in ep 9 tho). And then episode 10?

Tywin v Tyrion
Stoneheart

shheeit

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
I got a feeling Oberyn's death won't be as graphic as it was in the books.

I mean dude got his brains beat out. Had Tyrion throwing up like :damn:

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
I got a feeling Oberyn's death won't be as graphic as it was in the books.

I mean dude got his brains beat out. Had Tyrion throwing up like :damn:

man i kinda hope hbo pulls a switch on us and lets him live :to:

but since i know that aint happening, they better have a pretty good fukking intro for the rest of dorne next year. show watchers are gonna be pissed that a new favorite character gets dropped in 9 episodes. hopefully we get a good doran martell, arianne, and at least 3 sand snakes. areo hotah better make an appearance too.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
they kind of got away from the books by specifically showing that girl that heard Tyrion and Shae together, and then showing her running to the queen

it seems that will obviously come into play during Tyrion's trial, but in the books we never really knew how they found about Shae

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
they kind of got away from the books by specifically showing that girl that heard Tyrion and Shae together, and then showing her running to the queen

it seems that will obviously come into play during Tyrion's trial, but in the books we never really knew how they found about Shae
They had to do it. In the show she is way more sincere and in love with Tyrion. In the books she is still just a whore playing a role. The show needs to find a way to make her heel turn believable

Anbesa

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
A few of the changes are odd to me and have me wondering how they're gonna resolve them. Like how Jamie is in kings landing before the wedding and how the Hound is still alive after the pub. But I like changes like this because it at least keep book readers guessing. Knowing exactly what's gonna happen every scene kinda takes away a little enjoyment. But over all I like what they are doing with all of the storylines.

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps

but since i know that aint happening, they better have a pretty good fukking intro for the rest of dorne next year. show watchers are gonna be pissed that a new favorite character gets dropped in 9 episodes. hopefully we get a good doran martell, arianne, and at least 3 sand snakes. areo hotah better make an appearance too.

Can't happen. The Viper's death is the primary reason for the Sand Snakes getting froggy and Dorne getting involved in anyway. Its still gonna be sad (and gross) to watch this nikka get his brains bashed in.

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset

im gonna turn up even more when Oblock dies :banderas: those sand snakes are not to be fukked with at all

i really hope they show joff ripping his throat open so much :ohlawd: shyt is gonan be classic

Man, I can just imagine new viewers saying "if THAT happened in episode 2, what's gonna happen in episode 9!"

they ain't ready. Even before that you got "only Cat" and Mountain v Oberyn, and perhaps Ygritte's death too (they might do that in ep 9 tho). And then episode 10?

Tywin v Tyrion
Stoneheart

shheeit

this will easily be the best season :nowhew:

my question is how the fukk are they gonna make the events from AFFC interesting for tv watchers :patrice: especially after so much action in this season

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
my question is how the fukk are they gonna make the events from AFFC interesting for tv watchers
:beli:

Besides the fact that its the best written book of the series :jawalrus:lets look at what will be happening next season all simultaneously:

--Arya with the Faceless Men
--Bran training his powers, possibly lots of historical flashbacks
--Jon interacting with Stannis
--Sansa and Littlefinger scheming
--Cersei going batshyt insane and captured and strewn about the city naked
--Tyrion having an adventure to meet Dany
--Dany wrapping up in Meereen and the big battle of Meereen
--Bolton vs. Baratheon battle of Winterfell
--A bunch of bad bytches running around Dorne
--Iron Born seeking out Dany and finding her
--Aegon being introduced and invading Westeros
--Lady Stoneheart murking all kinds of motherfukkers
--The North plotting revenge
--Jaime trying to regain his honor

Looks like there is plenty of interesting shyt to me

As far as big moments go, we got:

--Cersei getting caught by the high septon
--The walk of shame
--The battle of Meereen
--The battle of Winterfell
--Jon getting stabbed
--Aegon being revealed and heading to Westeros
--Kevan and Pycelle getting murked

ghostwriterx

Superstar
Supporter
Daps

Besides the fact that its the best written book of the series :jawalrus:lets look at what will be happening next season all simultaneously:

--The walk of shame
--The battle of Meereen
--Jon getting stabbed

Most of that stuff doesn't make for good tv, definitely not comparing to the sh*t that's about to go down this season. You think we seeing battle for Winterfell and Mereen next season?

Daps
Reppin
I am NOT a sex offender
A few of the changes are odd to me and have me wondering how they're gonna resolve them. Like how Jamie is in kings landing before the wedding and how the Hound is still alive after the pub. But I like changes like this because it at least keep book readers guessing. Knowing exactly what's gonna happen every scene kinda takes away a little enjoyment. But over all I like what they are doing with all of the storylines.
I'm interested in seeing how Jamie's gonna interact with Tyrion after Tyrian gets accused of Joff's murder. Jamie's the one who loves Tyrion and vice versa so I imagine any show of support and kindness he extends him will piss Cersei off to no end, and maybe his father. Obviously in the books it didn't happen at all, but Jamie's already present so...

I'm pretty sure The Hound did survive after the pub in the books. At least initially. He couldn't continue after a while and wanted Arya to kill him, but she wouldn't and left him to die in the woods. So anyway a septon, I believe, finds him and tries to treat him but he dies and his helm is left on his grave to mark his passing. Helm gets stolen by Rorge and people think that madman is the hound.

ghostwriterx

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I'm interested in seeing how Jamie's gonna interact with Tyrion after Tyrian gets accused of Joff's murder. Jamie's the one who loves Tyrion and vice versa so I imagine any show of support and kindness he extends him will piss Cersei off to no end, and maybe his father. Obviously in the books it didn't happen at all, but Jamie's already present so...

I'm pretty sure The Hound did survive after the pub in the books. At least initially. He couldn't continue after a while and wanted Arya to kill him, but she wouldn't and left him to die in the woods. So anyway a septon, I believe, finds him and tries to treat him but he dies and his helm is left on his grave to mark his passing. Helm gets stolen by Rorge and people think that madman is the hound.

People don't think the hound is dead either.:ohhh:

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset

--The walk of shame
--The battle of Meereen
--Jon getting stabbed
alot of that shyt looks good when you type it out like that but in actuality lot of stuff that happened in that book was flat out boring :mjlol: so many dull points (although they were necessary) like the shyt with bran, it was cool to read but i can't imagine it being half as interesting on screen, same with Aegon being introduced. Alot of that shyt happened slow as hell in the books, and we both know how the tv crowd wants that quick action. Best thing HBO can do is make sure the dialogue is extremely on point and quotable

and i honestly think alot of them nikkas are gonna be :why: when the story starts going to Dorne, there's already enough tv people having trouble remember what's going on with the characters we got now :lolbron:

Anbesa

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta

Yea you're right about the Hound, that slipped my mind. But Jamie and brienne being at kings landing changes a lot of the dynamic during and post purple wedding. I remember Jamie blaming the Kings guard for allowing Joffery to die and how he could had prevented it had he been there. Also how they were too late to get to Sansa because she had already escaped.
It'll be interesting to see some different reactions from Jamie, now that he's present for what's about to happen.