A Song of Ice & Fire by George R.R. Martin: Book Discussion Thread

Jards

All Star
Daps
you think if jon ends up being a targaryen and the true heir to the throne, we gonna ride out with stannis? more than half of his army is made up of northerners right now. if they all find out that ned starks b*stard turned nephew and son to lyanna stark is the true heir and he calls his mother's banners, all those northern houses and clans would turn on stannis in 2 seconds. especially since stannis is trying to turn everybody to his new god and we all know those northerners are serious about their old gods.

the north is using stannis as a means to get rid of boltons and freys. im sure the north would probably support stannis sitting on the throne vs anybody else EXCEPT the one true king Jon Targaryen.

#starkset #wolfgang all day but can someone clear up for me how Jon would be the true king if he does end up being Rhaegar and Lyannas son? Unless im missing something, wouldn't he still be a b*stard which means he has no claim? I mean my nikka Jon Snow would be a highborn b*stard but born out of wedlock means the nikka still a b*stard:yeshrug:

Jards

All Star
Daps
90% of my reading revolves around hobbies and interests and knowledge building....I'm not big on novels and rarely enjoy fiction. ASOIAF is a major exception and the 5 books make up my top 5 favorite fiction books I have ever read.

I was content with leaving it at that, but after Dunk and Egg I think I realized that I just love GRRM. So today I went out and bought Dreamsongs Vol 1 and 2 and also Fevre Dream. Looking forward to seeing if they can keep my interests. Short stories will work well for me at night before bed.

EDIT: That 'Mercy' chapter put me over the edge. Insanely good writing, had to read more.
I didn't wanna read any of the sample chapters but once I read Mercy I went on to read all them shyts :snoop:

I've moved on to reading Dunk and fukking Egg now. Martin needs to hurry the fukk up and release WoW cause I'm fukking starving out here:shaq2:

Microfracture

Real G's move in silence
Daps
Reppin
Knees
#starkset #wolfgang all day but can someone clear up for me how Jon would be the true king if he does end up being Rhaegar and Lyannas son? Unless im missing something, wouldn't he still be a b*stard which means he has no claim? I mean my nikka Jon Snow would be a highborn b*stard but born out of wedlock means the nikka still a b*stard:yeshrug:

I'm not sure if Elia and Rhaegar were married yet but if not, then Jon wouldn't be a b*stard. Both his parents would be highborn, so they could legitimize him by marrying. Of course Rhaegar got his sh1t pushed in and Lyanna died in childbirth.

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
Polygamy has been practiced in Targaryen history

It is quite likely that Rhaegar and Lyanna married on the Isle of Faces among the weirwoods and the green men. The Isle of Faces hold some sort of grand mystery about the series, this could be it.

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR

Yea like Adam3000 said, the theory is that they got married. A strong piece of evidence is the fact that not only were there 3kingsguard at the tower of joy, but the 3 best. Kingsguard only defend the king and his family so if Lyanna was just some chick he got pregnant with his b*stard, why have the 3 best knights in the kingdom with her instead of with aerys, rhaegar himself, or his other 2 kids?

My guess is they got married and ran away together while everything went down.

detroitwalt

Superstar
Daps
Joffrey wedding is next week. D&D said this whole season was gonna be 1 big penultimate episode and it looks like they wasn't lying:blessed:

jericho

The North Remembers
Daps
Reppin
Dope episode

Can't wait to see my friends reactions to Joffrey next week :mjlol:

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
Joffrey wedding is next week. D&D said this whole season was gonna be 1 big penultimate episode and it looks like they wasn't lying:blessed:

So Bookreaders

We need to do it again

We pulled out the cameras and tapped peoples reaction to The Red Wedding

Now we need to do the same for the purple wedding
*The Cheers*
*The euphoria*
*The celebrations*

cant wait​

Dope episode

Can't wait to see my friends reactions to Joffrey next week :mjlol:

hold up they're doing the Joff death episode next week? :gladbron:

That's one of the best moments in the entire series for me, i hope they have Joff clawing his own neck bloody like how they do in the book :banderas:

sidenote: yes i will be banging #OblockO in that thread heavily, it's not like he's gonna be around long, but while he was there he was definitely a dope character :ohlawd:

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
Oberyn is one of the best characters in the series no question. I suspected they were gonna spell out his bisexuality blatantly on the show just like they spelled out Renly and Loras even though I'm pretty sure both cases were just hinted at in the books. HBO never fails to use sex to sell :salute:

fukk all the critics though who were complaining about the 'sexposition' this episode. There really wasn't any at all. The only stuff was the Oberyn shyt and that is a vital piece to his character. Only got a short amount of time to develop him, might as well jump in head first