A Song of Ice & Fire by George R.R. Martin: Book Discussion Thread

Soundbwoy

Accept to take the L
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Montreal
:beli: what's she gonna hold out on him with? he can have cos-play p*ssy wherever he go:russ:
dont forget the actresses from the tv show asking for ''pointers''
got-game-of-thrones-31042755-245-300.gif

GulfCoastGhost

No more snow
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NY/Sarasota
This is what I don't get (tv discussion wise)
The show is up to book 3, but daenerys appears to be up to book 5 scenes coming up
What the hell are they doing? Is it possible to drop her for a year so the rest of the show catches up? Outside of the fact Dany in book 5 is super boring to me

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
This is what I don't get (tv discussion wise)
The show is up to book 3, but daenerys appears to be up to book 5 scenes coming up
What the hell are they doing? Is it possible to drop her for a year so the rest of the show catches up? Outside of the fact Dany in book 5 is super boring to me

yea they have to fukk with the timelines cause it wont match up. if u remember in book 4 they dont mention dany, tyrion or jon at all. bran dissapears all the way til book 5 also. bran is gonna be the first story arc we see go past the books.

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
i like the idea of sansa marrying harry the heir or any other vale lord and uniting the vale and the north. that would be an army not to fukk with right there.

most likely itll be rickon that ends up as king and warden of the north with jon sitting on the throne in my hopeful opinion.

fact

Fukk you thought it was?
Daps
Reppin
How you gonna ROFL with a hollow back?
#Starkset takes L's everywhere they go, it is known, brehs.
Fixed
Do I know to count the L's y'all took so far? Is there a Stark in Winterfell right now, homey? How you gonna let go Winterfell? Like I said, I rode with Ned, because he was just and dutiful and he knew who the true heir to the throne was, and I like Arya, she does work and is far more official than any of her true siblings, but let's not flash sets over here, Stannis is riding with the north mountain clans, true northern blood warming them veins. The Red God is a means to an end. It is his duty.

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
Fixed
Do I know to count the L's y'all took so far? Is there a Stark in Winterfell right now, homey? How you gonna let go Winterfell? Like I said, I rode with Ned, because he was just and dutiful and he knew who the true heir to the throne was, and I like Arya, she does work and is far more official than any of her true siblings, but let's not flash sets over here, Stannis is riding with the north mountain clans, true northern blood warming them veins. The Red God is a means to an end. It is his duty.

this is the book thread so ima assume u read the books. the northerners are only using stannis to get rid of the boltons and freys and at the same time conspiring to bring back rickon. havent u heard of the northern conspiracy?

http://www.reddit.com/r/asoiaf/comments/1iwfc1/spoilers_all_the_grand_northern_conspiracy_parts/

i mean shyt, the series is called a song of ice and fire. it opens with the starks. if u think GRRM is gonna just wipe them out and keep handing them Ls then u havent been paying attention. The whole series is setting up for a Starks return.

All the northerners want is to put a stark back in winterfell and to kill their enemies and they using stannis to do it, but do u think if melisandre starts trying to burn white trees and calls their gods demon gods they gonna just let her rock?

fact

Fukk you thought it was?
Daps
Reppin
How you gonna ROFL with a hollow back?
this is the book thread so ima assume u read the books. the northerners are only using stannis to get rid of the boltons and freys and at the same time conspiring to bring back rickon. havent u heard of the northern conspiracy?

http://www.reddit.com/r/asoiaf/comments/1iwfc1/spoilers_all_the_grand_northern_conspiracy_parts/

i mean shyt, the series is called a song of ice and fire. it opens with the starks. if u think GRRM is gonna just wipe them out and keep handing them Ls then u havent been paying attention. The whole series is setting up for a Starks return.

All the northerners want is to put a stark back in winterfell and to kill their enemies and they using stannis to do it, but do u think if melisandre starts trying to burn white trees and calls their gods demon gods they gonna just let her rock?

And y'all can keep the North, Stannis is the only one riding for y'all, and trying to get the North back, he even offered to put a Stark back in Winterfell. The throne rightfully belongs to Stannis though, no disputing it.
I have been through the whole series multiple times, I am also familuar with the GNC and all the other crackpot theories. At the end of the day, Stannis has been righteous, just, and dutiful, and if the onion knight rides, we ride, and if its a lie, we fight off that lie. There aint alot of us that rep Stannis, but the few who do, we aint about that drama life, no grey area here, breh.
We gave the wildings (shout to Thormand the gawd and that bad bytch Val) the gift.
We bailed out the NW.
We dropped them leaches in the fire to snuff out the usurpers.
Whether Stannis lives or dies in inconsequential, right now he the only mutha fukka that has the realms best interest in mind, he die, we die, he live, we prosper.
#Stannistilthewheelsfalloff

The Prince of All Saiyans

Formerly Jisoo Stan & @Twitter
Daps
And y'all can keep the North, Stannis is the only one riding for y'all, and trying to get the North back, he even offered to put a Stark back in Winterfell. The throne rightfully belongs to Stannis though, no disputing it.
I have been through the whole series multiple times, I am also familuar with the GNC and all the other crackpot theories. At the end of the day, Stannis has been righteous, just, and dutiful, and if the onion knight rides, we ride, and if its a lie, we fight off that lie. There aint alot of us that rep Stannis, but the few who do, we aint about that drama life, no grey area here, breh.
We gave the wildings (shout to Thormand the gawd and that bad bytch Val) the gift.
We bailed out the NW.
Whether Stannis lives or dies in inconsequential, right now he the only mutha fukka that has the realms best interest in mind, he die, we die, he live, we prosper.
jon didn't turn down stannis offer?

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
We bailed out the NW.

you think if jon ends up being a targaryen and the true heir to the throne, we gonna ride out with stannis? more than half of his army is made up of northerners right now. if they all find out that ned starks b*stard turned nephew and son to lyanna stark is the true heir and he calls his mother's banners, all those northern houses and clans would turn on stannis in 2 seconds. especially since stannis is trying to turn everybody to his new god and we all know those northerners are serious about their old gods.

the north is using stannis as a means to get rid of boltons and freys. im sure the north would probably support stannis sitting on the throne vs anybody else EXCEPT the one true king Jon Targaryen.

Last edited:

Microfracture

Real G's move in silence
Daps
Reppin
Knees
you think if jon ends up being a targaryen and the true heir to the throne, we gonna ride out with stannis? more than half of his army is made up of northerners right now. if they all find out that ned starks b*stard turned nephew and son to lyanna stark is the true heir and he calls his mother's banners, all those northern houses and clans would turn on stannis in 2 seconds. especially since stannis is trying to turn everybody to his new god and we all know those northerners are serious about their old gods.

the north is using stannis as a means to get rid of boltons and freys. im sure the north would probably support stannis sitting on the throne vs anybody else EXCEPT the one true king Jon Targaryen.

I don't know if Jon would even want to sit the throne. I could see him being reborn, clearing out all the backstabbers from the Nights Watch (:ohhh: See what I did there?) then going back to Winterfell and reestablishing his house. Arya and Dany somehow get killed, Sansa becomes lady of the Vale. Over time Rickon would be prepped to lead the Watch as Lord Commander.

Endless theories brehs

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
I don't know if Jon would even want to sit the throne. I could see him being reborn, clearing out all the backstabbers from the Nights Watch (:ohhh: See what I did there?) then going back to Winterfell and reestablishing his house. Arya and Dany somehow get killed, Sansa becomes lady of the Vale. Over time Rickon would be prepped to lead the Watch as Lord Commander.

Endless theories brehs

yea he might wanna just finish what he started with the nights watch also. man its killing me to find out what happens. my dream scenario would be jon getting up, killing off the backstabbers, rallying the wildlings back to winterfell and retaking it, then fighting the others while dany lands on the west of westeros, takes casterly rock and the reach and then instead of making for kings landing, she hears about the war at the wall and flies up there to help save her kingdom. while there maybe she catches feelings for jon the hero and maybe somehow they find out thru bran or howland reed that jon is her nephew.

idk call me a chick but i would really like to see jon and dany together :lolbron:

Microfracture

Real G's move in silence
Daps
Reppin
Knees
yea he might wanna just finish what he started with the nights watch also. man its killing me to find out what happens. my dream scenario would be jon getting up, killing off the backstabbers, rallying the wildlings back to winterfell and retaking it, then fighting the others while dany lands on the west of westeros, takes casterly rock and the reach and then instead of making for kings landing, she hears about the war at the wall and flies up there to help save her kingdom. while there maybe she catches feelings for jon the hero and maybe somehow they find out thru bran or howland reed that jon is her nephew.

idk call me a chick but i would really like to see jon and dany together :lolbron:

I wouldn't hate Jon and Dany together I just think its out of the question. It would work too perfectly and from the way Martin has written the storylines to this point, I can't expect he would do something that straightforward without it getting messy first.

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
I wouldn't hate Jon and Dany together I just think its out of the question. It would work too perfectly and from the way Martin has written the storylines to this point, I can't expect he would do something that straightforward without it getting messy first.

yea thats why its just a dream to me at this point. most likely we will get either jon or dany or both dying.

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
90% of my reading revolves around hobbies and interests and knowledge building....I'm not big on novels and rarely enjoy fiction. ASOIAF is a major exception and the 5 books make up my top 5 favorite fiction books I have ever read.

I was content with leaving it at that, but after Dunk and Egg I think I realized that I just love GRRM. So today I went out and bought Dreamsongs Vol 1 and 2 and also Fevre Dream. Looking forward to seeing if they can keep my interests. Short stories will work well for me at night before bed.

EDIT: That 'Mercy' chapter put me over the edge. Insanely good writing, had to read more.