A Song of Ice & Fire by George R.R. Martin: Book Discussion Thread

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
I don't really remember either. She did mention she would miss being Mercy and seeing all the mummers so maybe he has her changing her face and catching bodies as a part of training. I imagine you have to make a large number of sacrifices to the Faceless god in order to become a Faceless man.

i was thinking that too but then i remembered that she got in trouble for killing somebody on her own before. the kindly man said something like "who are u to decide who is to live and who is to die?" so i thought they only killed those that the faceless men deemed deserving of death. idk ima re-read today when i get out of work.

im reading more about it on other forums tho and some people say it seems like she is leaving the FM. she cant stop being arya and cant stop wanting revenge. she might end up catching a ride back to kings landing with the westerosi envoy.

detroitwalt

Superstar
Daps
I wonder if she's good enough to hide what she did from dude back at the training spot(:snoop: it's been too long since I read them books, I can't remember names) but I remember when she started out he always knew when she was cutting up

Microfracture

Real G's move in silence
Daps
Reppin
Knees
i was thinking that too but then i remembered that she got in trouble for killing somebody on her own before. the kindly man said something like "who are u to decide who is to live and who is to die?" so i thought they only killed those that the faceless men deemed deserving of death. idk ima re-read today when i get out of work.

im reading more about it on other forums tho and some people say it seems like she is leaving the FM. she cant stop being arya and cant stop wanting revenge. she might end up catching a ride back to kings landing with the westerosi envoy.

And that's the confusing part. She had to know at some point during the training the Faceless Men don't just kill who they want. I'd be annoyed if she just left Braavos without completing the training. That would be a huge waste of the readers' time.

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
And that's the confusing part. She had to know at some point during the training the Faceless Men don't just kill who they want. I'd be annoyed if she just left Braavos without completing the training. That would be a huge waste of the readers' time.

i think she may end up dying by the end of the series. somebody had posted something that her septa said in winterfell back in the first books. something like "after winter when the spring comes they will find u frozen in the snow with a needle still tightly in your fingers" or someshyt like that. maybe that was GRRM hinting at her end. that would suck tho :to:

duck

Bills Mafia
Daps
Reppin
buffalo ny
everyones talking about the kindly man would know if she killed people she wanted... but she killed that punk ass n.w. singer Darion and the kindly man didnt say shyt

Cheesy

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The Hometown
if I remember correctly she was sent to Izembaro to continue her training. This chapter seems to suggest he is just a mummer, rather than a Faceless Man himself. She killed Raff in the house people know is rented out to Mercy, so she can't go back to that identity, I am not sure what this will mean for her further training though, she might have already failed it, or get another chance. Since at the end of ADWD she couldn't change faces on her own I think the Kindly Man will know who Mercy is, and therefore who did the killing.

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
everyones talking about the kindly man would know if she killed people she wanted... but she killed that punk ass n.w. singer Darion and the kindly man didnt say shyt

i forgot about darion :ohhh:

duck

Bills Mafia
Daps
Reppin
buffalo ny
if I remember correctly she was sent to Izembaro to continue her training. This chapter seems to suggest he is just a mummer, rather than a Faceless Man himself. She killed Raff in the house people know is rented out to Mercy, so she can't go back to that identity, I am not sure what this will mean for her further training though, she might have already failed it, or get another chance. Since at the end of ADWD she couldn't change faces on her own I think the Kindly Man will know who Mercy is, and therefore who did the killing.
all she's gotta dfo is clean the blood. as far as the body she said it herself "toss him in the canals and the eels will do the rest"

Cheesy

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The Hometown

actually, I just looked it up: when asked which three things she learned that day, the third thing she tells the kindly man is that Daerion is dead and that Arya Stark killed him. After that she drinks the milk that makes her blind for the next phase of her training. So we'll never know if he knew before she told him, but apparently it was a good thing she did it

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Brehs.... :ohhh::wow:

that shyt was so vivid in my mind, like I could see the mist as I read.

Bran watching Nymeria yoooo. :wow:

At first I was thinking the pack could be in the north, but then again it would probably note they were in snow. I'm guessing the pack is still near Riverrun.
:krs::ooh:

i didnt know he would put it up so fast. i read it this morning on the train to work. goddamn! arya is letting nikkas touch her chest and touching nikkas dikks to kill them! she is a certified gooness. raff the sweetling! this little chick is gonna get everybody on her list before the series is done watch.

i gotta brush up on her story tho. didnt the kindly man send her off to some mission? what was she doing in a show and then blowing her cover to kill raff? i gotta re-read her chapters cause i could have sworn she was sent on some type of mission

He sent her to Izenbaro, who was the "king of mummbers" in the chapter. I'm guessing she has a mission there, which is why she was sad about having to say goodbye to Mercy and her friends soon; she went back to perform in her play, then probably left for good.

Remember she had a knife, key, and gold in her pockets which were for the mission. Is she supposed to kill Harys Swyft? He's there to make amends for Cersei's stupidity; remember Kevan Lannister (his son in law) sent him to Braavos at the end of ADWD. But the Lannisters don't know the Iron Bank is supporting Stannis... :ohhh:

maybe they hired a FM to kill him. Or maybe Arya's mission is to get a key...perhaps Harys has a key she can steal and replace with the one she has.

Not even fronting, that chapter is one of the best I've read.

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
:pacspit: @ everyone that talked about that chapter without spoilers, didn't e'en know it was an Arya chapter now i gotta read this shyt. :sadcam:

I agree that people should be discussing it in spoiler tags, but as far as me saying it was an Arya chapter even though it is titled something else....if you don't know who the chapter is about within the first paragraph then you aint been paying attention to the story at all and I'm not sure spoiler tags should be your main concern. It would be like titling a chapter "The boy in the cave" and the first sentence is exploring the cave through Hodor's eyes, then being upset that someone told you it was a Bran chapter.

Not talking about you specifically, I just see people in other forums getting butthurt because someone says its an Arya chapter. It aint meant to be a secret.

Besides, I posted "its Arya" before I even read it. I saw a picture of the Titan and scrolled a bit and saw the name Izembaro and knew before reading anything.

Last edited:

69 others

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
My coworker who is a big fan of this said he heard george might release the book close to the start of the new season. anyone heard any thing about that? if that would be:ohlawd: but then again there are always rumors about this.

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
My coworker who is a big fan of this said he heard george might release the book close to the start of the new season. anyone heard any thing about that? if that would be:ohlawd: but then again there are always rumors about this.

**michael jordan laughing gif**

Was your friend talking about season 6?
mj-laughing.gif