A Song of Ice & Fire by George R.R. Martin: Book Discussion Thread

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
i dont understand why he keeps saying that AFFC/ADWD could take 3 seasons. the showrunners have said 7 or 8 seasons repeatedly. does he not ever speak to them or something? the whole thing is bizarre.
i think he's telling you, i'm in fukking charge

show run all you want... if i tell you, my next and last book will drop in 2016 (or whatever)... then you gonna damn sure wait on me... cause i got your money maker... and if you don't want it, i'm sure another network will gladly take it off your hands

how you gonna end the show, knowing i'm out here in the press, telling the world that the last book will drop... and you gonna go ahead and make a season anyway.... a final season... with conclusions to the story... without waiting for my book to be done

hbo would never live that down and i'm sure the fan backlash would kill that idea

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
i think he's telling you, i'm in fukking charge

show run all you want... if i tell you, my next and last book will drop in 2016 (or whatever)... then you gonna damn sure wait on me... cause i got your money maker... and if you don't want it, i'm sure another network will gladly take it off your hands

how you gonna end the show, knowing i'm out here in the press, telling the world that the last book will drop... and you gonna go ahead and make a season anyway.... a final season... with conclusions to the story... without waiting for my book to be done

hbo would never live that down and i'm sure the fan backlash would kill that idea

nah he already told the show-runners how it ends. if that was the case he wouldnt have told them shyt. we gonna get the ending on the TV show before we get it on the books, just a fact we gonna have to live with :manny:

im fine with it personally because im still gonna read the books. the show wont catch nearly as much detail to that end. might not even live up to it honestly.

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
nah he already told the show-runners how it ends. if that was the case he wouldnt have told them shyt. we gonna get the ending on the TV show before we get it on the books, just a fact we gonna have to live with :manny:

im fine with it personally because im still gonna read the books. the show wont catch nearly as much detail to that end. might not even live up to it honestly.
That was in case he died I thought. He's out in the press making these type of statements. After the show runners said what they said

Do you think he's just talking out of his ass? Nobody figured he'd finish the last two books this fast. So now he's basically announcing, slow the fukk down, I'm coming with the real ending

And who knows how his contract set up with final say and licenses on books that haven't been written yet

I'd just hate to see the change. From one person writing style and basically his love. And then close it up with two seasons of typical Hollywood writers. It'd be totally different. I highly doubt any show runner would have killed off characters or done the type of plots or backstory that GRMM did

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
That was in case he died I thought. He's out in the press making these type of statements. After the show runners said what they said

Do you think he's just talking out of his ass? Nobody figured he'd finish the last two books this fast. So now he's basically announcing, slow the fukk down, I'm coming with the real ending

And who knows how his contract set up with final say and licenses on books that haven't been written yet

I'd just hate to see the change. From one person writing style and basically his love. And then close it up with two seasons of typical Hollywood writers. It'd be totally different. I highly doubt any show runner would have killed off characters or done the type of plots or backstory that GRMM did

idk from all indication it looks like he has accepted the fact that the show will go on. him talking that shyt isnt surprising. he likes to say what people want to hear. before he would always say shyt like "the book will be done in so and so" and always be off my a lot. he doesnt want to alienate book readers but he knows that he cant stop the HBO train right now, thats why he's nervous

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
Couldn't figure out exactly who everyone was at first, but reading the asoiaf forums has me caught up:

The sealord is Ser Harys Swyft, new master of coin who Kevan sent to Braavos to deal with the bank and told him to bring the Mountain's men. Raff the Sweetling is one of the guys on Arya's kill list, while disguised as Mercy she sees Raff in Harys' envoy and goes back into Arya-mode to kill him. She makes him say "You'll have to carry me" which is what Lommy said back in Clash of Kings before Raff killed him

:wow:

EDIT:
The play she is acting in, The Bloody Hand, is about Robert Baratheon's death and Joffrey taking over as king. The dwarf in the play is playing Tyrion, and Mercy is possibly playing Sansa. The play was written by Phario Forel

There's levels to this shyt

EDIT 2: Theon 1, Tyrion 2, and Mercy....all three of these chapters are just insanely good. Arienne chapter was just so-so, and I haven't read the Barristan chapter.

Last edited:

BonafideDefacto

The Coli's Jetsetter & Globetrotter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Bay
So this nygga plan on just randomly releasing all the chapters to this book or something
:dahell:

Cheesy

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The Hometown
Finally:wow: Arya is my favorite character, the chapter is dope. Not dope enough when I think about waiting at least two years before reading the rest though:beli: