A Song of Ice & Fire by George R.R. Martin: Book Discussion Thread

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
Are there any other excerpt chapters I should read beforehand? Or just any others at all? I can't find them on that site. THANK YOU BREH!!!
There have been like 9 either given out or read at conventions. The ones we have text for are:

Theon 1
Arienne 2
Tyrion 2
Barristan 1
Arya

Then you can find summaries of the read ones

Tyrion 1
Barristan 2
Arienne 1

I might be missing one and might be wrong about a couple items, Im at work doing this off the top of my head. I cant link them now either.

jericho

The North Remembers
Daps
Reppin
:wow: That was pure piff

fukk having to wait until at least Xmas for the next damn book:damn:

jericho

The North Remembers
Daps
Reppin
Except in dreams. She took a breath to quiet the howling in her heart, trying to remember more of what she’d dreamt, but most of it had gone already. There had been blood in it, though, and a full moon overhead, and a tree that watched her as she ran.

:ooh:

labelplant

Wilt Chamberlain
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
at some point before they started making this show, the producers had to know this could have happened. Its an extremely large and complex story and world and very tough to do in 7 seasons of 10 episodes each. As much as i love watching it on HBO, how cool would it have been for this to be an animated series? Much more manageable in terms of the actors ages, could have gone deeper into the story and not cut out any characters, 20 episode seasons, taken time out to do Robert's rebellion, Blackfyre rebellion, Dance of dragons, Greyjoy Rebellion, Long night, Stories from Essos. Im not much of an animated action fan, but i would be a die hard fan of this.

I just wish that maybe some movie studio exec reads the story and decides he wants to at least put Robert's Rebellion on the big screen. a 2 part movie, each 2 and half hours long so you dont have to cut anything out. With the popularity of the show, it would do numbers. Add a couple of big name actors to it and it would attract even more fans.

somebody please make this happen :to:

Nah, I certainly see the advantages of animation but anything animated would make this shyt corny/anime status

Microfracture

Real G's move in silence
Daps
Reppin
Knees
Damn. Reading that chapter threw me right back into Martin's writing style. One of the reasons these books are so easy to read is that there seems to be some payoff at the end of every chapter. When the guard said "my name is Rafford, sweetling" I knew exactly who he was, and said to myself he gotta go.

The Prince of All Saiyans

Formerly Jisoo Stan & @Twitter
Daps
Damn. Reading that chapter threw me right back into Martin's writing style. One of the reasons these books are so easy to read is that there seems to be some payoff at the end of every chapter. When the guard said "my name is Rafford, sweetling" I knew exactly who he was, and said to myself he gotta go.
reinform me on this breh

jericho

The North Remembers
Daps
Reppin
reinform me on this breh

Raff the Sweetling was one of the Mountain's roadies. He was part of the group that first caught Gendry, Hot Pie, Arya & Lommy Greenhands. Lommy's leg was fukked up from a prior chapter and said that he couldn't walk w/ the rest of the prisoners and that Raff or someone "will have to carry me." Raff approached him all friendly said "Think so?" then shoved Needle through his throat.

In this chapter....

Arya slashes Raff's thigh and then claims there's a doctor next door that can help, but you have to go to him. Raff said he couldn't walk and that Arya "will have to carry me." Arya replied back "Think so?" and shoved Needle through his throat like a motherfukking boss :ahh:

Microfracture

Real G's move in silence
Daps
Reppin
Knees
reinform me on this breh

Way back in the 2nd book there were Lannister men traveling with the Mountain looking for Gendry in the group headed to the Night's Watch. There was a soldier in the group named Raff and his nickname is Raff the Sweetling. Arya saw him kill Lommy after he hurt his leg and couldn't walk so he had been on her kill list since the beginning.

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
Nah, I certainly see the advantages of animation but anything animated would make this shyt corny/anime status

it definitely would have needed to be done perfectly and in a specific way. theres alot of margin for corniness in cartoons i agree.

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR

:krs::ooh:

i didnt know he would put it up so fast. i read it this morning on the train to work. goddamn! arya is letting nikkas touch her chest and touching nikkas dikks to kill them! she is a certified gooness. raff the sweetling! this little chick is gonna get everybody on her list before the series is done watch.

i gotta brush up on her story tho. didnt the kindly man send her off to some mission? what was she doing in a show and then blowing her cover to kill raff? i gotta re-read her chapters cause i could have sworn she was sent on some type of mission

Microfracture

Real G's move in silence
Daps
Reppin
Knees
:krs::ooh:

i didnt know he would put it up so fast. i read it this morning on the train to work. goddamn! arya is letting nikkas touch her chest and touching nikkas dikks to kill them! she is a certified gooness. raff the sweetling! this little chick is gonna get everybody on her list before the series is done watch.

i gotta brush up on her story tho. didnt the kindly man send her off to some mission? what was she doing in a show and then blowing her cover to kill raff? i gotta re-read her chapters cause i could have sworn she was sent on some type of mission

I don't really remember either. She did mention she would miss being Mercy and seeing all the mummers so maybe he has her changing her face and catching bodies as a part of training. I imagine you have to make a large number of sacrifices to the Faceless god in order to become a Faceless man.