A Song of Ice & Fire by George R.R. Martin: Book Discussion Thread

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
So it was Egg's youngest daughter that took on the Baratheon name and by butterfly effect helped usurp the Targ name from the throne:ohhh:

Crazy to think that the mad king and Roberts father were cousins

Malik

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DMV | Philly
There's alternatives to give GRRM more time to write. How about they spend one season going back in time to Robert's Rebellion and another season on Aegon's Conquest or The Long Night. Thats two years right there :youngsabo:

Tical

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
There's alternatives to give GRRM more time to write. How about they spend one season going back in time to Robert's Rebellion and another season on Aegon's Conquest or The Long Night. Thats two years right there :youngsabo:

not happening. They aren't just going to ground production to a halt to appease GRRM and risk the show losing momentum. they'd also risk losing a large amount of actors if they did a prequel season and they're already dealing with Bran/Arya looking older than he's supposed to.

The show is pretty much guaranteed to pass the books, if not TWOW, then definitely ADOS.

Malik

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DMV | Philly
not happening. They aren't just going to ground production to a halt to appease GRRM and risk the show losing momentum. they'd also risk losing a large amount of actors if they did a prequel season and they're already dealing with Bran/Arya looking older than he's supposed to.

The show is pretty much guaranteed to pass the books, if not TWOW, then definitely ADOS.

Wishful thinking :to:

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
at some point before they started making this show, the producers had to know this could have happened. Its an extremely large and complex story and world and very tough to do in 7 seasons of 10 episodes each. As much as i love watching it on HBO, how cool would it have been for this to be an animated series? Much more manageable in terms of the actors ages, could have gone deeper into the story and not cut out any characters, 20 episode seasons, taken time out to do Robert's rebellion, Blackfyre rebellion, Dance of dragons, Greyjoy Rebellion, Long night, Stories from Essos. Im not much of an animated action fan, but i would be a die hard fan of this.

I just wish that maybe some movie studio exec reads the story and decides he wants to at least put Robert's Rebellion on the big screen. a 2 part movie, each 2 and half hours long so you dont have to cut anything out. With the popularity of the show, it would do numbers. Add a couple of big name actors to it and it would attract even more fans.

somebody please make this happen :to:
Wishful thinking :to:

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
why would "7 or 8" seasons be something set it stone when they can't even decide if it's "7 or 8"?

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
why would "7 or 8" seasons be something set it stone when they can't even decide if it's "7 or 8"?

they probably feel like it will grow stale around 7 or 8. us die hard fans will watch the 20th season if they have one but the casual fan will lose interest around that point. especially since the story gets a shyt load more complex in feast/dragons.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
they probably feel like it will grow stale around 7 or 8. us die hard fans will watch the 20th season if they have one but the casual fan will lose interest around that point. especially since the story gets a shyt load more complex in feast/dragons.

I'm just saying none of that seems to be definite when they can't even decide on a number

Last edited:

Jards

All Star
Daps
"What's your body count Nikka?!
I'm double digits....
tumblr_m3z7dcWWEX1qgmtz5o1_250.gif
"

:youngsabo:

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
So I guess I'm the only person on the internet who saw the season 4 preview on Tru TV last night that had a new clip in it of the Iron Throne room with snow falling in it and the roof burnt off? No one has mentioned it on westeros.org or on Reddit. I can't find the clip on the internet and I stupidly didn't snap a picture with my phone.

Also, like I said in the other thread I rewatched the House of the Undying scene and this was not repeat footage from that.

Seems to me like Dany might be having more visions this season, or perhaps Bran will be having a vision once he reaches Bloodraven. HBO is doing some seriously heavy foreshadowing here, my guess is that this will be the aftermath of a new Dance With Dragons between Aegon and Dany

Anbesa

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
As far as end game, I'm assuming this nikka LF whats to be king. He's playing the game of thrones and all the shyt that he has now (the wealth, the lordship, the castle, the house) are stepping stones towards him achieving his ultimate goal as it's shyt that he needs if he wants to be king.
Yea ive thought that at one point too. After finishing House of Cards and reading this I just realized Little Finger and Frank Underwood are basically the same character.