A Song of Ice & Fire by George R.R. Martin: Book Discussion Thread

Malik

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DMV | Philly
GRRM/SOFAI is gonna end up the same way Frank Herbert and the Dune series did, this nikka is gonna die and we're gonn have to deal with someone else(with inferior writing skills) finishing up the books (while adding shyt they made up into it) :smh:

atleast GRRM gave the show people the jist of the rest of the story tho, I'll never know how Herbert truly wanted Dune to end :sadbron:

Or like Robert Jordan and The Wheel of Time. GRRM is already 65. ADOS supposed to drop in 2018/2019. Dude will almost be 70 years old by then :lupe:

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
I know that people over analyze and find hidden meaning where there was never meant to be any, and I'm doing that right now and its got me :lupe:

Re-reading Game of Thrones right now, Arya's first chapter. After her and Jon get done watching the kids swordfight, Jon tells her to get back to Septa Mordane before she gets punished by having to keep stitching. He then says this line, which better fukking not be a foreshadowing

"When the spring thaw comes, they will find your body with a needle still locked tight between your frozen fingers"

:damn:

Jards

All Star
Daps
And am i the only one who liked cersei chapters in AFFC. I thought she was almost up there with varis and littlefinger with her scheming but you find out shes out her damn mind
I thought that was dope - reading it from her viewpoint, she thinks she's making all these power moves, but then reading it from from another characters POV, she's fukking up big time

duck

Bills Mafia
Daps
Reppin
buffalo ny
that old fat fukk GRRM needs to put all them other side projects on the back burner and get back to ASOIAF. the ASOIAF fans made him famous and made him a millionair, and if it werent for them he'd bnever have the popularity to even be writing all this other shyt like that.. and in exchange for the truckloads of money we brought him he continues to fukk us in that ass

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
that old fat fukk GRRM needs to put all them other side projects on the back burner and get back to ASOIAF. the ASOIAF fans made him famous and made him a millionair, and if it werent for them he'd bnever have the popularity to even be writing all this other shyt like that.. and in exchange for the truckloads of money we brought him he continues to fukk us in that ass
Its over man, dont stress it. It aint happening. Enjoy watching it on tv spoiler-free

Its funny cause even in the recent Vanity Fair article he says WoW should be out in time and DoS will be cutting it close. But if you read the full uncut interview, that quote was taken out of context and he still thinks they are gonna spend 3 seasons on AFFC and ADWD:mjlol:

Dude still cant get it through his fat head...he still thinks he has until 2020 to publish it. In complete denial that we are already going to be seeing WoW material next year:aicmon:

I mean...this guy has to be sitting in the occasional production meeting or has to be getting some sort of updates, and he just aint listening

Jards

All Star
Daps
I really don't get the complaints about AFFC. The only chapters I found really boring were the Brienne and Sam ones, but even those were a chance for world building and history.

You can't tell me that Jaime and Cersei's chapters, Arya learning to be a FM, or the Ironborn chapters were boring.
Problem is there's too much Brienne and not enough Arya.

For me the issue was the Characters and story lines i invested in for 3 books weren't in there (Tyrion, Bran, Dany) and now there's a bunch of motherfukkers like Brienne and Sam who I don't give a fukk about and were always just peripheral characters

duck

Bills Mafia
Daps
Reppin
buffalo ny
Its over man, dont stress it. It aint happening. Enjoy watching it on tv spoiler-free

Its funny cause even in the recent Vanity Fair article he says WoW should be out in time and DoS will be cutting it close. But if you read the full uncut interview, that quote was taken out of context and he still thinks they are gonna spend 3 seasons on AFFC and ADWD:mjlol:

Dude still cant get it through his fat head...he still thinks he has until 2020 to publish it. In complete denial that we are already going to be seeing WoW material next year:aicmon:

I mean...this guy has to be sitting in the occasional production meeting or has to be getting some sort of updates, and he just aint listening
:bryan:

duck

Bills Mafia
Daps
Reppin
buffalo ny
Problem is there's too much Brienne and not enough Arya.

For me the issue was the Characters and story lines i invested in for 3 books weren't in there (Tyrion, Bran, Dany) and now there's a bunch of motherfukkers like Brienne and Sam who I don't give a fukk about and were always just peripheral characters
:stopitslime: Sam tarly has some of the best POV chapters out anyone breh. i feel u on the Brienne chapter, but leave my boy sam the slayer out of this

Jards

All Star
Daps
:stopitslime: Sam tarly has some of the best POV chapters out anyone breh. i feel u on the Brienne chapter, but leave my boy sam the slayer out of this
fukk slayer - that Nikkas boring:camby:
8 Chapters about being a 'Craven':rudy:

duck

Bills Mafia
Daps
Reppin
buffalo ny
Sam's chapters are waaaaayyyy more important than they appear at first. He is gonna be in some deep shyt in the Citadel. They just stretched them out a bit too much
yeah, him a sand snake and a FM (good possibility of it being Jaqen) all in the same city.... shyts...about...to...go...down

duncanthetall

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WHODEY/BIGBLUE/SNOWGANG/MIDNIGHTBOYZ
I liked Brienne's chapters myself. I liked her interaction with Pod. Two people who are more lost than they really know. I liked how with her sections we seemed to kinda get a mini history lesson in each chapter. I loved that she was using my nikka Dunk's shield. I just like her big boring ass as a character overall. The book needed a few simple characters if you ask me. Not saying she doesn't have her motivations and all that, but you can pretty much predict what she's gonna do much like Ned. I like seein honorable muhfukkas every now and then lol. I'm gonna be really upset when Cat kills the whole lot of them muhfukkas lol