A Song of Ice & Fire by George R.R. Martin: Book Discussion Thread

detroitwalt

Superstar
Daps
Man I think I'm feeling the turn they took with Robb and Talisa. I think by showing how they fell for each instead of having it take place off screen is going to make the Red Wedding that much more jaw dropping.

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
I feel like Varys is the only dude in power in King's Landing that cares about the realm, but I still feel like I can't trust dude.

colicolicoli

Droid Gang
Daps
Reppin
LBC
I'm starting to feel like Jon isn't a Targ. The show creators know the end of the book and still have given no hint at him being a Targ. No Tower of Joy...No blue rose at the wall. I'm starting to think they will never actually show us the past..which makes me wonder is it even relevant? Does this stuff even matter?

Oh and no prophecies for Danny, I guess they'll just have Quaithe tell her about the three betrayals and three heads of the Dragon, which is very lame and comes off as cheap

HookersandIceCream

#TeamOrange
Daps
Reppin
Wherever whores go.....
I'm starting to feel like Jon isn't a Targ. The show creators know the end of the book and still have given no hint at him being a Targ. No Tower of Joy...No blue rose at the wall. I'm starting to think they will never actually show us the past..which makes me wonder is it even relevant? Does this stuff even matter?

Well three dragons

3 riders

The Real

Anti-Ignorance
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Man I think I'm feeling the turn they took with Robb and Talisa. I think by showing how they fell for each instead of having it take place off screen is going to make the Red Wedding that much more jaw dropping.

:damn::sadbron:

So littlefinger is basically behind every significant event in the book?

:beli:

Not all of them, but certainly many of them in Westeros. He's been making moves behind the scenes since before the first book begins. He became master of coin on the council only a short time before the book begins, but before that he was a nobody with nothing but plans. His profile has been rising ever since then. Don't underestimate Varys, though... he's been there longer and played a part in the fate of at least 3 Kings in succession.

detroitwalt

Superstar
Daps

Oh and no prophecies for Danny, I guess they'll just have Quaithe tell her about the three betrayals and three heads of the Dragon, which is very lame and comes off as cheap

You see they already started when she asked Jorah is he was going to betray Dany again.

As far as showing the past with Jon, they'll probably just have Maester Aemon lay it all out for him.

Box Cutta

Bumbling Sidekick
Daps
Reppin
Sanitation Department
Are there any legit black African peoples in the books or is that just something for the TV show?

The main reason I tend not to fukk with fantasy is because of the racial elements. LOTR movies had me like...::aicmon:

colicolicoli

Droid Gang
Daps
Reppin
LBC
Are there any legit black African peoples in the books or is that just something for the TV show?

The main reason I tend not to fukk with fantasy is because of the racial elements. LOTR movies had me like...::aicmon:
All the introduced black people on the show are white in the books. There was two black chicks in the books (prostitutes) that Tyrion pretended to be fukking to cover up Shae but Roz kinda took that position.

Plus I feel like people wouldn't be cool w/ the idea that the only black people that got introduced were prostitutes that ended up being abused by Cersei. There is another continent that is supposed to be like Africa called Sothoryos but it's only mentioned in passing. Also the Summer Isles is supposed to be Black too..although they are sex possessed...prostitution is actually a respected institution there..."love making" is considered a holy skill. The two black prostitutes are from the Summer Isles

Box Cutta

Bumbling Sidekick
Daps
Reppin
Sanitation Department
All the introduced black people on the show are white in the books. There was two black chicks in the books (prostitutes) that Tyrion pretended to be fukking to cover up Shae but Roz kinda took that position.

Plus I feel like people wouldn't be cool w/ the idea that the only black people that got introduced were prostitutes that ended up being abused by Cersei. There is another continent that is supposed to be like Africa called Sothoryos but it's only mentioned in passing. Also the Summer Isles is supposed to be Black too..although they are sex possessed...prostitution is actually a respected institution there..."love making" is considered a holy skill. The two black prostitutes are from the Summer Isles

:snoop:

The Real

Anti-Ignorance
Daps
Reppin
NYC

There was at least 1 Black knight in Westeros, and other Black folk on the Eastern continent as well. Some of the physical descriptions are more ambiguous and could go either way.