A Song of Ice & Fire by George R.R. Martin: Book Discussion Thread

BonafideDefacto

The Coli's Jetsetter & Globetrotter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Bay
:obama:

ok, as soon as this last episode goes thru imma start back at the 3rd book. mr martin needs to get on his shyt and release and write the next books

Uptown WaYo87

HARLEM/BX
Daps
As far as race goes are there any Asian-like folk described in the books?

nah not that i can recall

though i always kinda pictured strong belwas looking like fat buu for somereason. not pink..but like a asian like version..just based off the way he talk i think those two are very similiar lol

Roger Sterling

Senior Alias
Daps
I always figured he (Belwas) looked something like -

char_17487.jpg

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
Not sure about race, but culturally, there is definitely Asian influence on a number of the communities outside Westeros. Even the Dothraki are partially based on the Mongols.

The people from Asshai i always viewed as asian-ish....not far east but like...Persian.

duck

Bills Mafia
Daps
Reppin
buffalo ny
i gotta question about something minor in this season, that's probably touched on more in the books

what was the deal with that read flaming comet that was stuck in place in the sky for that one episode ??? what did it mean? where did it come from? and where did it go?

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
i gotta question about something minor in this season, that's probably touched on more in the books

what was the deal with that read flaming comet that was stuck in place in the sky for that one episode ??? what did it mean? where did it come from? and where did it go?

That comet was around for like all of the second book and different characters as far apart as Dany and Jon Snow would mention it. It's supposed to represent the return of magic to the world, which was really represented by the birth of the dragons. Going forward the fantasy element of the series is going to increase.

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
That comet was around for like all of the second book and different characters as far apart as Dany and Jon Snow would mention it. It's supposed to represent the return of magic to the world, which was really represented by the birth of the dragons. Going forward the fantasy element of the series is going to increase.

Its a buncha things to different people...that as on of the cool parts of book 2.

Some though it was about magic, some thought it was for the return of dragons, some though it was about the return of Azor Ahai, some though it was just a comet....

best part is that none of them are really wrong.