A Song of Ice & Fire by George R.R. Martin: Book Discussion Thread

Skilltastrophy

Mizzou Mafia
Daps
Yeah, in that one episode where Jaime mentions only 3 people alive in the realm being able to best him in a fight to Brienne, my thoughts jumped to Selmy and Garlan.

But I just passed that part where his sword hand got cut off...:snoop:

Don't get down...that event turns Jamie into one of my favorite characters in the entire series

Skilltastrophy

Mizzou Mafia
Daps
put Garlan in there too...i dont think Jamie would place the Hound over him

but Barristan
The Mountain
Garlan Tyrell

oh yeah..

any thought that the Red Viper could be in the mix too?? Because that battle against the Mountain in the books was EPIC...and we know about how gets down with the "enhanced" blades :obama:

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
any thought that the Red Viper could be in the mix too?? Because that battle against the Mountain in the books was EPIC...and we know about how gets down with the "enhanced" blades :obama:

nah, dude has a rep only reason that fight went down is cuz it was a trial by combat and it was bound by law...not to say Clegane was shook but we all know how the Dornish do...

but Red Viper was the man, they better get some one dope to play him...i wonder if they are gonna touch on the Sand Snakes too that could be extra dope

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
The Sand Snakes will be on the show if only for the sex appeal. But story-wise I think Doran has some shyt up his sleeve with those Sand Snakes undercover all over the place.

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
The Sand Snakes will be on the show if only for the sex appeal. But story-wise I think Doran has some shyt up his sleeve with those Sand Snakes undercover all over the place.

thats what im saying. Sallera in Oldtown, Obara running around lookin for Darkstar, Nymeria about to go to kings landing to take a small council seat...:win:

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
thats what im saying. Sallera in Oldtown, Obara running around lookin for Darkstar, Nymeria about to go to kings landing to take a small council seat...:win:

Plus, Tyene is heading to KL to try and get on the High Septon's good side (underrated strategy imo cause that High Septon is proving to be a heavyweight in the game). I think Obara is gonna try and murk Balon Swann. I don't if you read the sample chapter from Book 6 but Arianne is headed to meet Aegon. Doran is on some other shyt. That's why I've been behind the Dornish for a while now.

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
Plus, Tyene is heading to KL to try and get on the High Septon's good side (underrated strategy imo cause that High Septon is proving to be a heavyweight in the game). I think Obara is gonna try and murk Balon Swann. I don't if you read the sample chapter from Book 6 but Arianne is headed to meet Aegon. Doran is on some other shyt. That's why I've been behind the Dornish for a while now.

yeah they are my favorite collective kingdom..

The North is cool but i can't stand the Freys and the Boltons.
Eww Iron Islands, Eww Vale (perhaps not if Sansa has some sort of brain coup on littlefinger)

The Dornish been planning this shyt for 20 years breh...

detroitwalt

Superstar
Daps
if you read the sample chapter from Book 6 but Arianne is headed to meet Aegon. Doran is on some other shyt. That's why I've been behind the Dornish for a while now.

link that breh, I cant find it
*edit*
This is all I could find
SPOILERS FOR THE WINDS OF WINTER
Princess Arianne has been dispatched by her father to meet with Lord Jon Connington and Prince Aegon, as Prince Doran was informed of their arrival in Westeros in Arianne’s previous chapter.* She is accompanied by a Dornish retinue that includes Elia Sand — the eldest of the younger four Sand Snakes, Oberyn Martell’s daughters by Ellaria Sand — and Daemon Sand, the b*stard of Godsgrace, who appeared in ASOS as Oberyn’s squire and was noted in AFFC to have been Arianne’s first lover.* Nymeria and Tyene have also left Dorne, with Princess Myrcella and 300 spears.* Arianne’s brother Trystane remains safe at the Water Gardens.
While en route to Griffin’s Roost, Arianne contemplates whether or not Quentyn ever reached Daenerys and married her.* She thinks about how Dany is but a young maiden, and thinks that Quentyn, who is unremarkable-looking and not very dashing, is unlikely to impress someone Dany’s age.* Still, Arianne thinks Dany will want Dorne enough to marry Quentyn; she wonders if she will have to call her brother ‘King Quentyn’, which she thinks sounds rather silly.* She’s shaken out of her reverie when she realizes her cousin Elia has been missing for a while, and goes to look for her.*
Elia is in a cave catching fish with her bare hands in a pool.* Arianne is furious with her for running off, and Elia gets a bit petulant because she doesn’t think that she did anything wrong.* Arianne makes her promise to behave, as she’s supposed to be pretending to be one of the Princess’s maidservants.* She shouts at Elia that the girl could have died in the cave, and ‘died’ echoes ominously three times against the walls.* Arianne confides in Elia that she often wishes Oberyn had been her father instead of Doran.* On the walls of the cave they find carvings left behind by the Children of the Forest.
The party is met by two Golden Company men, Young John Mudd and Chain.* They won’t tell Arianne much, but eventually she gets Chain to admit that Connington has left for Storm’s End.* Arianne thinks that’s preposterous, as she considers the various castles in Westeros and proclaims that Storm’s End would be the most difficult to capture.*
Despite their earlier talk, Elia continues to misbehave; Arianne catches her making out with a servant named Feathers who is twice her age.* Arianne yells at her and Elia protests that it was just kissing; Arianne reminisces privately about losing her virginity to Daemon at the same age.* The two women argue over who would be a more attractive hostage, and then Elia promises again to behave.
Golden Company spymaster Lysono Maar meets the party and begins to lead them.* Arianne does not care for him, and describes him as looking like a Targaryen.* Lysono and Arianne debate Aegon vs. Dany.* Lysono says that Aegon has Dornish blood, to which Arianne replies that so does Daenerys.* He then proclaims that Aegon is the Dragon, to which Arianne replies that Daenerys has three.* Along the way Arianne contemplates whether Connington is worthy of Dorne’s assistance; she believes he will need the Dornishmen to take King’s Landing.
Upon arrival at Griffin’s Roost, Arianne is informed by Haldon Halfmaester that Connington has not only already left for Storm’s End, but has successfully conquered it; the Tyrell armies are coming from King’s Landing now to try to take it back.* Arianne is stunned at Connington’s success.* Haldon tells her that Connington and Aegon want to meet her at Storm’s End, and Daemon begs her not to go into danger.* Arianne rebukes him, saying that she must be her father’s true heir and go to meet this ‘Dragon.’

Scottie Drippin

Should Never Mention Me
Daps
Reppin
The Traps of Unified Korea
Doran Martell is fiending for this beef but being a true G about it and laying low.

What do you yall brehs think about the Jon Snow = Azor Ahai school of thought?

It's all but confirmed he's Rhaegar and Lyanna's son

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
Doran Martell is fiending for this beef but being a true G about it and laying low.

What do you yall brehs think about the Jon Snow = Azor Ahai school of thought?

It's all but confirmed he's Rhaegar and Lyanna's son

i think its all been but set up, Azor has to be reborn and Melisandre will revive him with a kiss of life/fire. I think he's already indirectly killed a loved one or comrade (halfhand/Ygritte). And it seems all he needs is a flaming sword, aint no tellin what the Red Priestess has seen in her fires.

Uptown WaYo87

HARLEM/BX
Daps
I think that dude that mark anthony in rome would be a dope actor to play the red viper...i want the show to get someone with some star power to play the red viper, or recast beric dondarion cause he should only be in for the next 2 seasons

this dude

Marc%2BAnthony%2Bin%2BROME.jpg

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
I think that dude that mark anthony in rome would be a dope actor to play the red viper...i want the show to get someone with some star power to play the red viper, or recast beric dondarion cause he should only be in for the next 2 seasons

this dude

Marc%2BAnthony%2Bin%2BROME.jpg

i always took the Dornish for Italian/Arab looking people. the Stoney Dornishmen look like most Weterosi, the Sand Dornish look like Arabs and the Salty Dornishmen like Italians.

Uptown WaYo87

HARLEM/BX
Daps
i always took the Dornish for Italian/Arab looking people. the Stoney Dornishmen look like most Weterosi, the Sand Dornish look like Arabs and the Salty Dornishmen like Italians.

yea i pictured them like that also, but i think that dude can catch the smugness of the red viper perfectly.

this dude right here already auditioned for the role, i never seen him act so i cant say much but he does fit the description

Cas+Anvar+OZjQskCEVNFm.jpg

cas anvar

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
As far as race goes are there any Asian-like folk described in the books?