A Song of Ice & Fire by George R.R. Martin: Book Discussion Thread

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Read the essay, the conclusion of it is that she has finally realized she isnt meant to organize peace. She was born into fire and blood, and she is about to embrace it. She gonna roast Meeren breh. Ita a good read, check it out

It relies heavily on the "who poisoned the locusts" theory he came up with (though that makes a lot of sense). The conclusion that it's a tragedy or that she "chose" war is busted too. She realized that the only way to "win" the game is to commit fully to it. None of this "she could have peace but chooses not to" ...that was never a realistic option imo regardless of who poisoned the locusts. This was a practice run for what she'll experience on the main land and when she gets there...she'll be ready. Cold-blooded Dany will do the things that the Stark heads refused.

Meereen is gonna get cooked for sure.

Microfracture

Real G's move in silence
Daps
Reppin
Knees
That essay was interesting but I'm still not convinced the Harpy didn't do it. If they dispose of Dany they could return to power with Hizdahr at the top. From what we've seen from the slavers they don't give up their way of life unless you force them out, so any truce they made with Dany might've been just to get her guard down enough to take it all back.

BonafideDefacto

The Coli's Jetsetter & Globetrotter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Bay
The Stannis Poster is up for the people who were waiting on it. Id link it but dont feel like handling the hassle on my phone

Dat Migo

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Boston
First 4 episode summaries:
Episode #31: “Two Swords” Debut: SUNDAY, APRIL 6 (9:00-10:00 p.m. ET/PT) Tyrion (Peter Dinklage) welcomes a guest to King’s Landing. At Castle Black, Jon Snow (Kit Harington) finds himself unwelcome. Dany (Emilia Clarke) is pointed to Meereen, the mother of all slave cities. Arya (Maisie Williams) runs into an old friend.

Episode #32: “The Lion and the Rose” Debut: SUNDAY, APRIL 13 (9:00-10:00 p.m.) Tyrion lends Jaime (Nikolaj Coster-Waldau) a hand. Joffrey (Jack Gleeson) and Margaery (Natalie Dormer) host a breakfast. At Dragonstone, Stannis (Stephen Dillane) loses patience with Davos (Liam Cunningham). Ramsay (Iwan Rheon) finds a purpose for his pet. North of the Wall, Bran (Isaac Hempstead Wright) sees where they must go.

Episode #33: “Breaker of Chains” Debut: SUNDAY, APRIL 20 (9:00-10:00 p.m.) Tyrion ponders his options. Tywin (Charles Dance) extends an olive branch. Sam (John Bradley) realizes Castle Black isn’t safe, and Jon proposes a bold plan. The Hound (Rory McCann) teaches Arya the way things are. Dany chooses her champion.

Episode #34: “Oathkeeper” Debut: SUNDAY, APRIL 27 (9:00-10:00 p.m.) Dany balances justice and mercy. Jaime tasks Brienne (Gwendoline Christie) with his honor. Jon secures volunteers while Bran, Jojen (Thomas Brodie-Sangster), Meera (Ellie Kendrick) and Hodor (Kristian Nairn) stumble on shelter.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
First 4 episode summaries:
Episode #31: “Two Swords” Debut: SUNDAY, APRIL 6 (9:00-10:00 p.m. ET/PT) Tyrion (Peter Dinklage) welcomes a guest to King’s Landing. At Castle Black, Jon Snow (Kit Harington) finds himself unwelcome. Dany (Emilia Clarke) is pointed to Meereen, the mother of all slave cities. Arya (Maisie Williams) runs into an old friend.

Episode #32: “The Lion and the Rose” Debut: SUNDAY, APRIL 13 (9:00-10:00 p.m.) Tyrion lends Jaime (Nikolaj Coster-Waldau) a hand. Joffrey (Jack Gleeson) and Margaery (Natalie Dormer) host a breakfast. At Dragonstone, Stannis (Stephen Dillane) loses patience with Davos (Liam Cunningham). Ramsay (Iwan Rheon) finds a purpose for his pet. North of the Wall, Bran (Isaac Hempstead Wright) sees where they must go.

Episode #33: “Breaker of Chains” Debut: SUNDAY, APRIL 20 (9:00-10:00 p.m.) Tyrion ponders his options. Tywin (Charles Dance) extends an olive branch. Sam (John Bradley) realizes Castle Black isn’t safe, and Jon proposes a bold plan. The Hound (Rory McCann) teaches Arya the way things are. Dany chooses her champion.

Episode #34: “Oathkeeper” Debut: SUNDAY, APRIL 27 (9:00-10:00 p.m.) Dany balances justice and mercy. Jaime tasks Brienne (Gwendoline Christie) with his honor. Jon secures volunteers while Bran, Jojen (Thomas Brodie-Sangster), Meera (Ellie Kendrick) and Hodor (Kristian Nairn) stumble on shelter.

purple wedding in second episode?

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
Finally got around to downloading Dunk and Egg series. Almost finished with The Hedge Knight, had to come on here to comment that I screamed out a huge OH shyt when

Prince Baelor revealed himself as Dunk's 7th knight

Off to finish the story:blessed:

P.S. Anyone got a pdf of The Princess and the Queen? I couldnt find it

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
Finished up the Dunk & Egg's :blessed:

Don't know why I didn't care about them before, they were entertaining as hell plus its good to read about the Targ-era Westeros plus I definitely noticed a lot of foreshadowing with Bloodraven which was dope

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
I dunno. I never thought he was dead, and I still don't. The Hound is the type of guy who isn't gonna die in an unremarkable way under a random ass tree like some simple nikka.

It's generally believed that the Hound is the gravedigger than Brienne saw when she visited the septons. The septon she talked to noted that he himself died and was reborn a godly man. I think that's what he meant when he said the "Hound" is dead. That aspect of Sandor Clegane is gone, and what remains is a godly man.