A Song of Ice & Fire by George R.R. Martin: Book Discussion Thread

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
Read the essay, the conclusion of it is that she has finally realized she isnt meant to organize peace. She was born into fire and blood, and she is about to embrace it. She gonna roast Meeren breh. Ita a good read, check it out
:leon: i was just tellin my homegirl the other day how people have to accept and embrace who they really are in order to reach their full potential and move on, might read it since i've been on a book drought waiting for the 3rd kingkiller chronicle to drop this year :sadcam:

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
Read the essay, the conclusion of it is that she has finally realized she isnt meant to organize peace. She was born into fire and blood, and she is about to embrace it. She gonna roast Meeren breh. Ita a good read, check it out

he brings up an interesting thought tho. since dany realizes she is all about that fire and blood, would she make a good ruler? since peace doesnt sit right with her while there are enemies around her and she wants to just burn them all, wouldnt that make her almost like the mad king? maybe thats one of jon's purposes to the story. maybe we do get to see jon sit the throne AFTER danarys reclaims it and conquers all of westeros with fire and blood. since the author's essays on jon show how jon just cant help but give in to his heroes instincts despite all the damage he causes the nights watch, maybe its safe to say he might be the ying to danarys' yang. after all the fire and blood, maybe its left up to jon to be like jaharys the conciliator and heal the 7 kingdoms and make them love the targaryen dynasty again.

:leon:

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
he brings up an interesting thought tho. since dany realizes she is all about that fire and blood, would she make a good ruler? since peace doesnt sit right with her while there are enemies around her and she wants to just burn them all, wouldnt that make her almost like the mad king? maybe thats one of jon's purposes to the story. maybe we do get to see jon sit the throne AFTER danarys reclaims it and conquers all of westeros with fire and blood. since the author's essays on jon show how jon just cant help but give in to his heroes instincts despite all the damage he causes the nights watch, maybe its safe to say he might be the ying to danarys' yang. after all the fire and blood, maybe its left up to jon to be like jaharys the conciliator and heal the 7 kingdoms and make them love the targaryen dynasty again.

:leon:
:whoa:
I think it puts her in Aegon the Conquerer territory, not Mad King territory.

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
:whoa:
I think it puts her in Aegon the Conquerer territory, not Mad King territory.

yea true but you kno what im saying..if she seems to not enjoy peace, maybe thats her downfall. her inclination to war could end up leading to her death. imagine her coming to westeros and seeing aegon sitting there and being told she has to make peace with him. she gonna be like "yea we gonna make peace as long as u get off the chair u fake dragon".

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
"The common people pray for rain, healthy children, and a summer that never ends. It is no matter to them if the high lords play their game of thrones, so long as they are left in peace. They never are."

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
Lena Headey thinks the G.U.S.O.A.T. the Walk of Shame might happen in Season 5

http://www.blastr.com/2014-3-6/exclusive-lena-headey-game-thrones-and-shooting-cersei-scene

With season 4 of Game of Thrones just around the corner, star Lena Headey spoke with Blastr about the show -- and a major scene coming up for Cersei. Spoilers ahead, folks.

Headey, who plays Cersei Lannister so deliciously on the HBO series, recently sat down with me as part of the press rounds for her new film, 300: Rise of an Empire. Inevitably, the conversation turned to Game of Thrones, which kicks off its fourth season on April 6th.

"Thrones just kind of goes from strength to strength," she said when asked about the upcoming season. "I think, because we have such brilliant people all over it and it just gets darker as we go on because the stakes are higher and they're all losing their morality in terms of survival. So the game really has begun."

Here's where we get into *SPOILERS*, especially if you haven't read the novels.

In the fifth book, A Dance with Dragons, Cersei's numerous machinations, both political and sexual, finally catch up with her and she is forced to do a Penance Walk, in which her head is shaved and she is stripped naked and forced to walk across King's Landing through jeering crowds. With the show's producers freely reordering events from the books for the series, I asked Headey if she'll take that little stroll this season.

"I think that's going to be next season," she speculated, adding that she is quite aware of what the Penance Walk entails and has spoken about it with showrunners David Benioff and D.B. Weiss.

"We talk about it a lot because I love her...you kind of grab David and Dan and you’re like, 'What are you thinking?' And they love to tease you. They love to wind you up. Sometimes you think, 'oh, they’re being serious,' because it’s terrifying."

As for how she expects the Penance Walk will be handled, Headey said she thinks it will be staged in typically "raw" fashion.

"I think, you know, it's interesting, that part for me. I've been very adamant about keeping her kind of clothed because I think that's part of her power. And she can still be sort of sexual and weird and female, but she doesn't have to be naked. And I think it makes for a more shocking disempowering moment when this happens. So, we'll see. I'm a little scared."

Game of Thrones Season 4 premieres April 6 on HBO...which means we have a year to wait before we see Cersei do the Westeros walk of shame. How do you think the show - and Lena Headey - will handle it?​

I think 7 total seasons rather than 8 is looking more and more likely.​

detroitwalt

Superstar
Daps
:shaq:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/...ner-films-rape-scene-in-front-of-parents.html
Game of Thrones star Sophie Turner films rape scene in front of parents
Sophie Turner, the Game of Thrones actress, says that her parents arrived on set when she was filming a rape scene for the fantasy series.

Game of Thrones is known for its violent and sexually explicit scenes, but Sophie Turner’s parents still got more than they bargained for when they visited their 18-year-old daughter on the set.
Turner, who plays Sansa Stark in the American television series that is based on George RR Martin’s books, says their arrival coincided with her filming a rape scene.
“The producer, Dan Weiss, was sitting between my Mum and Dad, going 'Oh my God’,” recalls Turner in an interview with Tatler. “But they were, like, 'It’s fine, she loves this kind of thing.’”
The young actress had, meanwhile, been assured by the director that the scene would be “choreographed like a ballet” and would be “beautiful.”

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
thetown to global
i could see dany turning heel late in the story once conquering westeros, then for whatever reason (maybe want to wipe out starks cuz they were monumental in the rebellion) leading to vs jon snow and the rest of the starks. ice and fire ... idk i'm blazed lol

detroitwalt

Superstar
Daps
The scene they are referencing is the massacre in flea bottom where the Hound saves her in Season 1
You sure? The article is new and it referred to her as being 18 when they visited the set. Didn't the singer in the Erye try to :takedat:?

duncanthetall

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WHODEY/BIGBLUE/SNOWGANG/MIDNIGHTBOYZ
The Hound is kind of different. but we were left thinking he was dying, asking Arya for "mercy" and whatnot. plus Rorge was seen with his helmet. and all the ambiguous shyt dude on the Quiet Isle said. I definitely feel we were meant to believe he's dead, but there's 'clues' that maybe he's not
I dunno. I never thought he was dead, and I still don't. The Hound is the type of guy who isn't gonna die in an unremarkable way under a random ass tree like some simple nikka.