A Song of Ice & Fire by George R.R. Martin: Book Discussion Thread

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
She's been naked a few times in films before. Obviously not on this scale as far as butt a$$ naked through a city with bystanders, but hey.

Looking forward to Joffrey dying and the Mountain vs. Red Viper...won't have to wait long.

From AFFC and ADWD I wanna see what they do with the 3-eyed raven. .

You don't have to wait long for that either

Foxmulder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Long Island,NY
The icing on the cake and there still will be sprinkles to throw on it....Kevan and Grand Maester Pycelle :blessed:

Too bad we are gonna have to wait at least a year to see Cersei topple, maybe two. And at least 2 for Varys to put the nail in the coffin.

My #1 top upcoming moment I can't wait for on the show is Cersei's walk of shame. Having read the actress' feelings on nudity, I am fully confident that she will not be a reason for them to hold back on that scene. Pretty sure she will even shave her head for it....the whole scene could be instant Emmy status so why not.

Since I'm on the topic, what scenes from the book are you all most anticipating seeing translated to the screen?
Stoneheart:blessed:

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
The icing on the cake and there still will be sprinkles to throw on it....Kevan and Grand Maester Pycelle :blessed:

Too bad we are gonna have to wait at least a year to see Cersei topple, maybe two. And at least 2 for Varys to put the nail in the coffin.

My #1 top upcoming moment I can't wait for on the show is Cersei's walk of shame. Having read the actress' feelings on nudity, I am fully confident that she will not be a reason for them to hold back on that scene. Pretty sure she will even shave her head for it....the whole scene could be instant Emmy status so why not.

Since I'm on the topic, what scenes from the book are you all most anticipating seeing translated to the screen?

i cant wait to see freys hanging, tyrion in essos, lord connington and aegon landing in storms end with the golden company, and jon snow chopping off janos slynt's head. oh and bran and his training with bloodraven.

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
Dragonstone an active volcano? :bryan:The Doom of Westeros? :bryan:

It was written that on the day of the Doom every hill for five hundred miles had split asunder to fill the air with ash and smoke and fire, blazes so hot and hungry that even the dragons in the sky were engulfed and consumed. Great rents had opened in the earth, swallowing palaces, temples, entire towns. Lakes boiled or turned to acid, mountains burst, fiery fountains spewed molten rock a thousand feet into the air, red clouds rained down dragonglass and the black blood of demons, and to the north the ground splintered and collapsed and fell in on itself and an angry sea came rushing in.

Dragonstone is the only place known to be full of dragonglass

Could be, from ASOS Davos mentions how the dungeon cell is so warm that it comforts his cough and when they take him up to the King the stones get cooler the farther up the stairs they go
Queer talking I have heard, of hungry fires within the mountain, and how Stannis and the red woman go down together to watch the flames. There are shafts, they say, and secret stairs down into the mountain’s heart, into hot places where only she may walk unburned

Do it George!

DonkeyPuncher718

If Your Knee Dont Bend It Can Be Broken
Daps
Reppin
The Wall
Me personally I cant wait to see Jon and Stannis interactions at the Wall

Jon Snow telling Delores Edd to "fetch the chopping block" for Lord Janos Slynt

Jon Snow:ufdup:

Janos Slynt:whoa:

Delorous Edd:lupe:

Stannis Baratheon:myman:

All the fukkery thats going on in the North with the Iron islands, The war in the North all that hot shyt :fire:

duck

Bills Mafia
Daps
Reppin
buffalo ny
Me personally I cant wait to see Jon and Stannis interactions at the Wall

Jon Snow telling Delores Edd to "fetch the chopping block" for Lord Janos Slynt

Jon Snow:ufdup:

Janos Slynt:whoa:

Delorous Edd:lupe:

Stannis Baratheon:myman:

All the fukkery thats going on in the North with the Iron islands, The war in the North all that hot shyt :fire:
when he looked over and stannis gave his nod of approval ... i was like :salute:

Last edited:

Malik

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DMV | Philly
Damn, Catelyn was a dime :shaq:

750px-Young_Lady_cate_by_quickreaver.jpg

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
Well, atleast she was bad at some point :flabbynsick:

yea i was just reading about her on the wiki of ice and fire and littlefinger describes sansa as looking just like catelyn when she was younger.

side note, i didnt know that catelyn's mother was a whent. that would mean she was probably the niece of oswell whent, the knight of the kingsguard that was one of the ones protecting lyanna stark. so ned probably murked his wife's uncle or cousin :ohhh:. its crazy how fukking complex this story is man lol

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
Talking with @beanz in the show thread about Northern sovereignty in the end, it got me thinking a bit and I really think that no matter what we WANT to happen, I just don't see any proper resolution that doesn't involve Jon Snow/Stark/Targaryen sitting on the Iron Throne in the end, possibly married to Dany or possibly a split kingdom with Jon in the North and Dany in the south.

I know that people are sour on the 'obvious' ending with Jon&Dany, but this was supposed to be a trilogy when it started and all the seeds were planted in book 1. GRRM is trying to avoid a Lost-type ending and is going to stick with his original vision.

I think we can all agree that Aegon is either a fake or he is legit and will die. No way he sits on the throne to finish the series. Dany I personally think should find the house with the red door and end her story there, I think it will be more poetic. But she is probably about to wreck shyt in WoW and prove herself an actual leader so the throne is still open for her. With Aegon out of the picture, a Rhaegar/Lyanna marriage (likely) makes Jon the rightful Targaryen heir. He also was named in Robb's will as the rightful heir to the King in the North title. He also is likely Azor Ahai and will save the kingdom from the Others. He is going to unite the kingdom after being released from the Night's Watch vows with his death and resurrection.

Stannis is going to break before he bends and unfortunately will die, most likely a dutiful and worthy death. Dorne will support Jon, Howland Reed will make sure the North supports Jon. The series will end with a tattered and bloody kingdom, but one that is completely united.

Anyone else see any other ending even making any sense?

Malik

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DMV | Philly
Talking with @beanz in the show thread about Northern sovereignty in the end, it got me thinking a bit and I really think that no matter what we WANT to happen, I just don't see any proper resolution that doesn't involve Jon Snow/Stark/Targaryen sitting on the Iron Throne in the end, possibly married to Dany or possibly a split kingdom with Jon in the North and Dany in the south.

I know that people are sour on the 'obvious' ending with Jon&Dany, but this was supposed to be a trilogy when it started and all the seeds were planted in book 1. GRRM is trying to avoid a Lost-type ending and is going to stick with his original vision.

I think we can all agree that Aegon is either a fake or he is legit and will die. No way he sits on the throne to finish the series. Dany I personally think should find the house with the red door and end her story there, I think it will be more poetic. But she is probably about to wreck shyt in WoW and prove herself an actual leader so the throne is still open for her. With Aegon out of the picture, a Rhaegar/Lyanna marriage (likely) makes Jon the rightful Targaryen heir. He also was named in Robb's will as the rightful heir to the King in the North title. He also is likely Azor Ahai and will save the kingdom from the Others. He is going to unite the kingdom after being released from the Night's Watch vows with his death and resurrection.

Stannis is going to break before he bends and unfortunately will die, most likely a dutiful and worthy death. Dorne will support Jon, Howland Reed will make sure the North supports Jon. The series will end with a tattered and bloody kingdom, but one that is completely united.

Anyone else see any other ending even making any sense?

Too bad we won't find out until 2019.....if we're lucky :to: