A Song of Ice & Fire by George R.R. Martin: Book Discussion Thread

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
I was reading some theory, and they were talking about the 'power of king's blood', and the fact that Danny burnt Khal Drogo in order to wake her dragons. plus how Melisandre is always saying she needs king's blood to wake the "stone dragon" :ohhh:

HookersandIceCream

#TeamOrange
Daps
Reppin
Wherever whores go.....
I was reading some theory, and they were talking about the 'power of king's blood', and the fact that Danny burnt Khal Drogo in order to wake her dragons. plus how Melisandre is always saying she needs king's blood to wake the "stone dragon" :ohhh:

Well he's a Khal and not a King
And kings blood can be loosely interpreted in many ways

I mean what really makes someone a king?

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
Well he's a Khal and not a King
And kings blood can be loosely interpreted in many ways

I mean what really makes someone a king?

well like you said, it can be interpreted a few ways. I think there's also talk about Mance Rayder having "king's blood". Robert Baratheon won his crown through rebellion, and apparently his brother and b*stards also have "king's blood". if a Khal is the closest thing the dothraki have to a "king", it doesn't seem like too much of a stretch

to be clear, this is magic and not science

to get into more crackpot territory, there's another character that is known to have had his body part (and blood) burned as part of some kind of magical ritual...

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
Yeah apparently he threw it into the ocean when he was on a bender or something right lol
No, that is just the story he tells. The theory digs deeper into that. I will post it, it isnt anything you havent read yet but if you wanna wait then dont click

It is pretty much one of the top generally accepted theories that Euron had Balon murdered by a Faceless Man and paid the Faceless Man with his dragon egg. The main evidence is a prophecy about a "man with no face on a swaying bridge with a drowned crow perched on his shoulder." Euron would only be able to afford a faceless man with a dragon egg. It makes no sense that he would throw away the most valuable treasure he has ever possessed in a fit of rage. Does not fit his character at all. Plus, he showed up the day after Balons death after years away. Also, there must be a reason why an important character like Balon dies off screen in such a silly way.

To then press the theory into a whole new direction, Im not sure if you picked up on it but the Alchemist that kills Pate and assumes his identity in the prologue in Oldtown is Jaquen H'agar. It is quite possible that the faceless men sent him there to try and find a way to hatch the dragon egg. That theory doesnt have much evidence, but it is 100% Jaquen based on the physical description so he has to be up to something crazy.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
:dead:

Faceless men being so expensive
Why would Jaqeun part of the group being sent to the wall and how was he captured in the first place.

who knows. I think we should assume he was on a mission to kill someone. did he get caught up, or was it part of his plan. he seemed grateful to Arya for freeing him

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
who knows. I think we should assume he was on a mission to kill someone. did he get caught up, or was it part of his plan. he seemed grateful to Arya for freeing him

:ohhh: that shyt made me think. i wonder who he was trying to kill in kings landing? what was his mission? interesting

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
Okay. :stopitslime:

These Cersei chapters are just kinda annoying at this point. No way this bytch went completely full retard. She's like singlehandedly unraveling the kingdom here. shyts retarded. No way she can be this fukking stupid.

thats exactly how i felt reading it. i couldnt believe the shyt she was doing.

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
:ohhh: that shyt made me think. i wonder who he was trying to kill in kings landing? what was his mission? interesting
Im pretty sure that he was the faceless man that killed Balon. Why he was in the black cells is a different question, he probably just got caught snooping somewhere. Faceless men kill without being seen, that doesnt mean they are always above getting into some shyt.

After killing Balon, the question then moves to what he is doing in Oldtown assuming the identity of someone who holds keys throughout the Citadel. It is known that the Citadel had a lot of literature in dragons (shyt, the maesters were the ones who killed all the dragons). That is where the 'trying to hatch a dragon egg' theory comes from.

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
Okay. :stopitslime:

These Cersei chapters are just kinda annoying at this point. No way this bytch went completely full retard. She's like singlehandedly unraveling the kingdom here. shyts retarded. No way she can be this fukking stupid.
She was always full retard. She just thinks of herself too highly. Now she has the power and is getting exposed for what she always has been.

Lets not act like she aint fukk her cousin to get him to poison her husband. Not exactly a brilliant plan, considering Tyrion figured it out easily. What else had she done to prove herself competent? Not a single thing that I can think of.

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
Im pretty sure that he was the faceless man that killed Balon. Why he was in the black cells is a different question, he probably just got caught snooping somewhere. Faceless men kill without being seen, that doesnt mean they are always above getting into some shyt.

After killing Balon, the question then moves to what he is doing in Oldtown assuming the identity of someone who holds keys throughout the Citadel. It is known that the Citadel had a lot of literature in dragons (shyt, the maesters were the ones who killed all the dragons). That is where the 'trying to hatch a dragon egg' theory comes from.

that makes u think. what if he was in kings landing after being brought over with illyrio to talk to varys? maybe he's in the dungeon on purpose (since varys had access to it) so that he could travel north safely with the nights watch. maybe the dragon egg they got as payment is being hatched for aegon since he might end up being fake. idk just spitballing

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
i think theres a good chance that before the story is over we will end up with more than 3 dragons.

Daps
Reppin
I am NOT a sex offender
well like you said, it can be interpreted a few ways. I think there's also talk about Mance Rayder having "king's blood". Robert Baratheon won his crown through rebellion, and apparently his brother and b*stards also have "king's blood". if a Khal is the closest thing the dothraki have to a "king", it doesn't seem like too much of a stretch

to be clear, this is magic and not science

to get into more crackpot territory, there's another character that is known to have had his body part (and blood) burned as part of some kind of magical ritual...
I always took Kings Blood to mean Targaryen (sp) blood, and the reason I say that is because Baratheon and Baratheon b*stards have kings blood because Baratheon is an off shoot (for lack of a better word) of House Targaryen. Has Melissendre(I'm butchering spellings left and right) herself ever said anything about Mance having King's Blood or his baby having King's Blood or anything like that? I can't remember so I'm guessing she means the Targaryen line or blood but I could be wrong and most likely am.