A Song of Ice & Fire by George R.R. Martin: Book Discussion Thread

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
Has Melissendre(I'm butchering spellings left and right) herself ever said anything about Mance having King's Blood or his baby having King's Blood or anything like that?

I don't remember exactly what was said, but what was Jon's reason for switching the babies?

Daps
Reppin
I am NOT a sex offender
See I thought Jon switched the babies because of his and others interpretation of Kings Blood, so if Mance was King Beyond The Wall, Jon thought he had Kings Blood and so did the baby and so he switched them. I don't know if Melissendre ever said anything about Mance having the blood or not.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
See I thought Jon switched the babies because of his and others interpretation of Kings Blood, so if Mance was King Beyond The Wall, Jon thought he had Kings Blood and so did the baby and so he switched them. I don't know if Melissendre ever said anything about Mance having the blood or not.

from the wiki:

http://wiki.westeros.org/index.php/Melisandre

Following the battle, Melisandre urges Stannis to let her have Rayder's son since she was unable to get Edric Storm

duck

Bills Mafia
Daps
Reppin
buffalo ny
speakin of the whole king blood stuff.... if the r+l= j theory is true, the red bytch might bring back jon to make him a target....or the shanking from the NW could have been enough to suffice as a king blood sacrifice and unwake the asor azai

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
speakin of the whole king blood stuff.... if the r+l= j theory is true, the red bytch might bring back jon to make him a target....or the shanking from the NW could have been enough to suffice as a king blood sacrifice and unwake the asor azai
I thought Azor Ahai and 'power in kings blood' are seperate

Kings Blood is said to be able to wake dragons from stone. Not necessarily tied into Azor Ahai

duck

Bills Mafia
Daps
Reppin
buffalo ny
I thought Azor Ahai and 'power in kings blood' are seperate

Kings Blood is said to be able to wake dragons from stone. Not necessarily tied into Azor Ahai
well old nan did mention legends of ice dragons beneath the wall

and i forgot jon got that king of the north (not his brother.. but the old school kings ) in him 2 . he gots double king blood

edit: nevermind on that ice dragon shyt. i ready the wiki and by legend they seemed strait up evil. more like a white walker ally than a human's

DonkeyPuncher718

If Your Knee Dont Bend It Can Be Broken
Daps
Reppin
The Wall
Yeah I
OMFG :pachaha: :gladbron: :dead:

Cersei you dumb whore!!! bahahahahaha. This bytch thought she was at the toooooop and got dropped in one goddamn SWOOP.

Reading about Cersei getting her comeuppance made me real happy. She did sooooo much dirt and for her to be humbled was beautiful.

I wish fatboy would cut the shyt and put this fukking book out now:why:

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
The icing on the cake and there still will be sprinkles to throw on it....Kevan and Grand Maester Pycelle :blessed:

Too bad we are gonna have to wait at least a year to see Cersei topple, maybe two. And at least 2 for Varys to put the nail in the coffin.

My #1 top upcoming moment I can't wait for on the show is Cersei's walk of shame. Having read the actress' feelings on nudity, I am fully confident that she will not be a reason for them to hold back on that scene. Pretty sure she will even shave her head for it....the whole scene could be instant Emmy status so why not.

Since I'm on the topic, what scenes from the book are you all most anticipating seeing translated to the screen?

Anbesa

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
yo whats the most recent news on Winds of Winter. I stopped looking for news a LONG time ago. I figured the best approach was to just forget about it, so i dont have to obsess with it, and maybe itll sneak up on me. But all the hype of the new season has me thinking about it again.

Microfracture

Real G's move in silence
Daps
Reppin
Knees
The icing on the cake and there still will be sprinkles to throw on it....Kevan and Grand Maester Pycelle :blessed:

Too bad we are gonna have to wait at least a year to see Cersei topple, maybe two. And at least 2 for Varys to put the nail in the coffin.

My #1 top upcoming moment I can't wait for on the show is Cersei's walk of shame. Having read the actress' feelings on nudity, I am fully confident that she will not be a reason for them to hold back on that scene. Pretty sure she will even shave her head for it....the whole scene could be instant Emmy status so why not.

Since I'm on the topic, what scenes from the book are you all most anticipating seeing translated to the screen?

She's been naked a few times in films before. Obviously not on this scale as far as butt a$$ naked through a city with bystanders, but hey.

Looking forward to Joffrey dying and the Mountain vs. Red Viper...won't have to wait long.

From AFFC and ADWD I wanna see what they do with the 3-eyed raven. Fake Mance burning. Slave pit fights and the Mereen rebellion. Believe it or not I wanna see the kingsmoot, especially the dude dying after blowing the horn.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
the thing is, in the book they made it seem the queen didn't look so great naked, and was generally saggy and :flabbynsick:

or at least that's how I remember it