A Song of Ice & Fire by George R.R. Martin: Book Discussion Thread

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
I remember that qyburn also had falyse and her daughter or something. Maybe Robert strong has one of their skulls as a head or somecrazy sshyt. I can't wait to see what's gonna happen and what it is that's going on with him. I wouldn't very surprised if the Hound is the one that fights him tho.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
I also wonder about Qyburn's overall agenda. does he just want to work on his experiments, or does he have something 'bigger' in mind

fact

Fukk you thought it was?
Daps
Reppin
How you gonna ROFL with a hollow back?
I also wonder about Qyburn's overall agenda. does he just want to work on his experiments, or does he have something 'bigger' in mind
He is a classic cockroach. He has no honor. He is loyal to Cersei now because she raised him up from nothing, but if the old Bob Strong thing doesn't work out, he either switch sides or run. His agenda, imo, is survival and to save his own skin and nothing else.

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
Pretty sure he has no agenda, he just wants freedom to carry out his experiments. Possibly he might have a desire to take down the Citadel for kicking him out, but I don't think his experiments have anything to do with that desire nor do I think the books will ever really explore what is going on in his mind. Too little time left to add another layer to the story.

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
Yo........brand new theory to wet your appetites. Da Gawd and Savior Howland Reed as the new High Septon?
http://www.reddit.com/r/asoiaf/comments/1yljs8/spoilers_all_high_septon_tinfoil_theory/
wee-bey-gif.gif

Reading through it all I dont buy it but I do see it as plausible. In regards to our recent conversation, this could mean that the faiths champion could be the mysterious knight of the laughing tree

wee-bey-gif.gif

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
Yo........brand new theory to wet your appetites. Da Gawd and Savior Howland Reed as the new High Septon?
http://www.reddit.com/r/asoiaf/comments/1yljs8/spoilers_all_high_septon_tinfoil_theory/

Reading through it all I dont buy it but I do see it as plausible. In regards to our recent conversation, this could mean that the faiths champion could be the mysterious knight of the laughing tree

hmmm... wouldn't there be the chance that someone like Pycelle might recognize him. Howland Reed been MIA for a minute, but at one point he was known by people that are still alive

the new High Septon is a interesting character, that does seem to be a little more proactive than his predecessors. and I have assumed that Howland Reed would come into the story at some point

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Howland Reed theory is interesting and makes sense...I'm not 100% behind it but it's dope and definitely wouldn't surprise me (well not any more).

duncanthetall

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WHODEY/BIGBLUE/SNOWGANG/MIDNIGHTBOYZ
BTW if somehow he lives to finish the series and still has the urge to write, or even gives the honor to someone else to continue, we really need Robert's Rebellion and everything that happened prior to it in a book or a show or a movie or something. I want to see Aegon conquer all of Westeros as well, but I feel like this would be more likely to happen. fukking LC Gerold Hightower, Arthur Dayne, and Whent. Breh, I need to see/read the Tower of Joy battle once all this is over. More than anything else, I really wanna see that and learn more of Howland Reed, because at this point we don't really know shyt about the man except he fought alongside them.

I dunno why also, brehs, but The Sword of the Morning is a super fukking dope name to have IMO. I dunno why but shyt is just very dope sounding to me.

Last edited:

duncanthetall

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Okay. Someone tell me if I"m getting this right. In Feast for Crows right now. Just read the Alayne chapter where Littlefinger has the 7 lords from across the Vale come up for the parlay and the one dude Ser Lyn Corbray snaps and draws his sword. You're telling me all that was set up by fukking LIttlefinger so he could feign disgust and effectively seal the deal for his year? Jesus fukking christ he is playing the game on another level.

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
Okay. Someone tell me if I"m getting this right. In Feast for Crows right now. Just read the Alayne chapter where Littlefinger has the 7 lords from across the Vale come up for the parlay and the one dude Ser Lyn Corbray snaps and draws his sword. You're telling me all that was set up by fukking LIttlefinger so he could feign disgust and effectively seal the deal for his year? Jesus fukking christ he is playing the game on another level.

Yeah, thats what happened.

duncanthetall

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
First Bran. Now Arya. Who is Sam gonna meet up wit next? Dude be havin some adventures and gets lucky as fuuuuuck. lmao

Woooooow. Whats the fukking chance of Sam running into fukking Xhondo out there??? This shyt is NUUUUUUTS. It took me a second, but I remembered him telling Dany that she has paid him back by being able to just see the Dragons.

My nikka Aemon bout to die with a fat ass smile on his face :ohlawd:

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
I said that too early. This nikka Euron is tryna change the fukkingggg game. Asha salty. Victarion salty. Ironborn nikkas are bout that life, too, buyou comin at Dany...U best not miss :ufdup:
I'm not sure if you have any interest in hearing any theories until you are done reading, but if you are then I am interested in your reaction to a certain Euron theory that would make him even more badass. I believe you have already read all the material that the theory covers so it wouldnt be a spoiler. If you wanna know just say so, otherwise when you are done look it up. This assumes you got to his story about the following already (incredibly minor spoiler if you havent read it yet)

dragon egg

duncanthetall

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
I'm not sure if you have any interest in hearing any theories until you are done reading, but if you are then I am interested in your reaction to a certain Euron theory that would make him even more badass. I believe you have already read all the material that the theory covers so it wouldnt be a spoiler. If you wanna know just say so, otherwise when you are done look it up. This assumes you got to his story about the following already (incredibly minor spoiler if you havent read it yet)

dragon egg
Yeah apparently he threw it into the ocean when he was on a bender or something right lol