A Song of Ice & Fire by George R.R. Martin: Book Discussion Thread

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
-edit. Renly's was surprising? After Mel birthed the shadow? Also wasn't expecting Snow to get Julius Caesar'd like that.

Maybe I'm mixing things up but I thought we didn't see the shadow being born until after Renly's death when Davos sneaks her under Storm's End, she births a shadow in front of him and it kills Courtnay Penrose.

Roger Sterling

Senior Alias
Daps
Maybe I'm mixing things up but I thought we didn't see the shadow being born until after Renly's death when Davos sneaks her under Storm's End, she births a shadow in front of him and it kills Courtnay Penrose.

You know what, you're probably right. The television series probably confused me.

detroitwalt

Superstar
Daps
How do y'all feel about Renlys "ghost" being left out of tonights ep? I think it's kind of an important detail. That ghost got a lot of blame for Stannis catching that L and it had a big effect on his and his men's morale.

MN Fats

Pro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
How they gonna end this season? Seasons always end on some sort of cliffhanger, but the cliffhanger in the book was that we realize Bran is still alive, but the show already revealed that. I think it would be cool if they ended the season with the prologue of book 3.

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
So who else thinks Aegon is part Blackfyre and is Illyrio's son by his 2nd wife?

idk what he is all i know is Westeros is about to see the 1st silver haired in almost 20 some odd years...legit or not SOME are gonna wanna fukk with his banner SIMPLY because of the ineptitude of the Baratheon-Lannister throne.

How they gonna end this season? Seasons always end on some sort of cliffhanger, but the cliffhanger in the book was that we realize Bran is still alive, but the show already revealed that. I think it would be cool if they ended the season with the prologue of book 3.

and the season ends with Dany on the docks catching that ship to Astapor, the House of the Undying being in the last 15 mins....its such an important foreshadowing event that it woulda have to be in the last episode to remain fresh in the viewers minds

Roger Sterling

Senior Alias
Daps
idk what he is all i know is Westeros is about to see the 1st silver haired in almost 20 some odd years...legit or not SOME are gonna wanna fukk with his banner SIMPLY because of the ineptitude of the Baratheon-Lannister throne.

Definitely a Blackfyre. Too much foreshadowing not to be (and that even discounts how ridiculous it would be to have another Targaryen trump Daenerys out of the blue so close to the end of the series).

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
How do y'all feel about Renlys "ghost" being left out of tonights ep? I think it's kind of an important detail. That ghost got a lot of blame for Stannis catching that L and it had a big effect on his and his men's morale.

He wasn't left out. In the book they make it a lot more mysterious and don't reveal it until much later. Plus it's Garlan wearing his armor. It's kinda hard to see, but the dude on the white horse has stag antlers on his helm. He takes off his helm when Tywin enters the throne room and it's Loras.

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
He wasn't left out. In the book they make it a lot more mysterious and don't reveal it until much later. Plus it's Garlan wearing his armor. It's kinda hard to see, but the dude on the white horse has stag antlers on his helm. He takes off his helm when Tywin enters the throne room and it's Loras.

I guess Garlan is gonna be left out for the show. He's the most chill guy out of the Tyrells.

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
I guess Garlan is gonna be left out for the show. He's the most chill guy out of the Tyrells.

Not just that, dude trains to fight 4 men at the same time....he prolly the ONLY cat that can see a 100% Jamie in a fight...now that barristan is in Mereen

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
Not just that, dude trains to fight 4 men at the same time....he prolly the ONLY cat that can see a 100% Jamie in a fight...now that barristan is in Mereen

Yeah, in that one episode where Jaime mentions only 3 people alive in the realm being able to best him in a fight to Brienne, my thoughts jumped to Selmy and Garlan.

But I just passed that part where his sword hand got cut off...:snoop:

KAWS

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Land of Pleasant Living
Yeah, in that one episode where Jaime mentions only 3 people alive in the realm being able to best him in a fight to Brienne, my thoughts jumped to Selmy and Garlan.

But I just passed that part where his sword hand got cut off...:snoop:
Nah he's referring to Selmy and the two Clegane brothers

manyfaces

Superstar
Daps
Nah he's referring to Selmy and the two Clegane brothers
:ohhh: Never thought he was talking bout them even though the hound has proven to be an absolute beast. I'm rereading them now to see what I overlooked before. I'll payextra attention around that part this time.