A Song of Ice & Fire by George R.R. Martin: Book Discussion Thread

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
I can't pretend to know what's happening but at this point it seems like Littlefinger is training and teaching Sansa the rules of the game of thrones,cruel as the lessons may be

It might seem like overkill to do it multiple times but you should keep posting your disclaimer not to quote you with spoilers, might be easy to forget who we are quoting

At this rate though you will be done with the books by Wednesday :bryan:

duncanthetall

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WHODEY/BIGBLUE/SNOWGANG/MIDNIGHTBOYZ
It might seem like overkill to do it multiple times but you should keep posting your disclaimer not to quote you with spoilers, might be easy to forget who we are quoting

At this rate though you will be done with the books by Wednesday :bryan:
lmao I dunno. I don't get paid till tuesday, and most of my reading binges are products of marijuana, which I just ran out of. I think by next weekend I should have them done, though. Wednesday might be a stretch lol. fukk it though, man. Its only 2 books. If someone didnt see the spoiler, so be it. If I click on some obviously spoilery shyt in my quotables, then fukk. I'll know whether shyts true or not soon enough haha.

These books are truly great though.

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
that would be interesting and put Cersei in a weird position
More importantly, it would fulfill the prophecy she was told. Her little brother is supposed to kill her. She assumes that means Tyrion but I'm convinced it's Jamie (the fact Tyrion is now on another continent helps that theory). Cersei and Jamie's relationship was souring in ADWD. I can easily see it getting worse. Whether Jamie is the Septon's champion or not, if Robert Strong loses, Jaime won't let her meet the Ilyn Payne end.

Though if The Hound is the champion and wins, he'd be a little brother that ends up dooming Cersei :patrice:

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
obarth said:
More importantly, it would fulfill the prophecy she was told. Her little brother is supposed to kill her. She assumes that means Tyrion but I'm convinced it's Jamie (the fact Tyrion is now on another continent helps that theory). Cersei and Jamie's relationship was souring in ADWD. I can easily see it getting worse. Whether Jamie is the Septon's champion or not, if Robert Strong loses, Jaime won't let her meet the Ilyn Payne end.

Though if The Hound is the champion and wins, he'd be a little brother that ends up dooming Cersei :patrice:
I too am convinced it is not Tyrion, but Im not convinced it is Jaimie. I think valonquar could be a number of people, Jamie just being the most likely. I dobt buy The Hound thing though because I interpret the strangling part of the prophecy as a literal strangling, not metaphorical.

I dont remember, can a valonquar be a little sister? That would open the gates for Sansa or Arya. Stannis is a valonquar. Rickon is unlikely. Any Martell is a possibility. Brenden Blackfish possibly.

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
I too am convinced it is not Tyrion, but Im not convinced it is Jaimie. I think valonquar could be a number of people, Jamie just being the most likely. I dobt buy The Hound thing though because I interpret the strangling part of the prophecy as a literal strangling, not metaphorical.

I dont remember, can a valonquar be a little sister? That would open the gates for Sansa or Arya. Stannis is a valonquar. Rickon is unlikely. Any Martell is a possibility. Brenden Blackfish possibly.

I think a strangling could also be a hanging couldn't it? Like maybe she loses and is found guilty and is sentenced to die by hanging. I'm also convinced it's Jamie tho so catelyn could just send him to kill her or something

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
I think a strangling could also be a hanging couldn't it? Like maybe she loses and is found guilty and is sentenced to die by hanging. I'm also convinced it's Jamie tho so catelyn could just send him to kill her or something
Oh yeah, the hanging makes sense. But it doesn't clear up another issue, which is that Tommen and Myrcella need to die before she does. The timeline wouldn't make sense unless they both die quick.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps

the poison they used on Joff is also known as "the strangler"

Daps
Reppin
I am NOT a sex offender
What if it's Jaime? :ohhh:
Hmmmm. Do you have to fight if you're selected, because Jamie doesn't care for Cersei right now, but I know he doesn't have much respect for the faith or their sparrows or their weird ass army. I guess if Cat told him to he might.

Some of you mention The Hound but I thought we was dead? He died of his wounds I thought?

Probably will be Lancel and he'll probably get well fukked, it'd be like me picking a fight with Brock Lesnar.

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
Hmmmm. Do you have to fight if you're selected, because Jamie doesn't care for Cersei right now, but I know he doesn't have much respect for the faith or their sparrows or their weird ass army. I guess if Cat told him to he might.

Some of you mention The Hound but I thought we was dead? He died of his wounds I thought?

Probably will be Lancel and he'll probably get well fukked, it'd be like me picking a fight with Brock Lesnar.

The Hound is generally considered to be alive and working as a gravedigger on the Quiet Isles. Just do a Google search for the theory and the evidence

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
I have a major problem with Jamie as the champion of the faith. He can't fight well right now. Certainly not even near good enough to last 5 minutes with Gregor/Robert Strong. I don't believe that GRRM would mess with the "Rocky" underdog angle, it is corny and played out. If Gregor caved the Red Viper's face in, it would be bullshyt for any fate other than that to happen to Jamie. And Jamie aint going out with a whimper like that, no no way. Its gotta be someone else.

Daps
Reppin
I am NOT a sex offender
The Hound a gravedigger? You dudes are dropping mad info in this thread! :wow: I wonder if this is like the lit classes I slept through or was kicked out of in HS.

Jamie was getting better at fighting with his left, so I'm pretty sure from a literary standpoint we'd have to see him triumph with it at some point. From a realistic standpoint no way he could take Mountain/Strong. Hell no one could take him when he was a regular human, now he's a motherfukking super zombie. So I have to believe we'll see Jamie put his new swordhand to the test against someone else besides Strong/Mountain.

Also if they're both members of the Kingsguard can they even "legally" fight each other?

So yeah my guess is Lancel fights Strong, and Lancel gonna get dat work.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
Robert Strong presents a lot of dilemmas. is he just undead Gregor, like Lady Stoneheart and Lord Beric? I don't think so. he seems to be some other sort of necromancy monster. so who controls him? is it the mind/spirit of Gregor? or some demon? Qyburn? these questions seem to lead to questions about his fighting ability

does he even have a head? I don't like the idea of some headless dude being able to function, let alone fight. that would seem to require some sort of high level of magic, and/or like I said above, being controlled by a demon/spirit