A Song of Ice & Fire by George R.R. Martin: Book Discussion Thread

duck

Bills Mafia
Daps
Reppin
buffalo ny
it was on the Target website, but I don't see it there anymore. probably because the Season 3 set has been released. hopefully it, and whatever other bonus material there is, will make it to youtube soon
i totally misread that at first and thought u said a targset website

i was gettin ready to ask for a link :lolbron:

detroitwalt

Superstar
Daps

After the Ozymandias ep of BB he tweeted that Walter white was more evil than anyone in Westeros and he'd have to change that:lupe:

This is probably the best ASOIAF podcast I've come across so far. This ep they discuss Euron's hellhorn and what Victarion really plans to do with it

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
^^^^Damn breh you might have talked that one up a bit too much I feel like I just wasted 50 minutes of my life :deadmanny:

Maybe I just have read westeros.org too much so it just wasn't stuff I hadn't considered already. One thing I didn't connect before though was that Euron captured Pyatt Pree from Qarth. I must have glossed over the part about where his warlocks came from.

detroitwalt

Superstar
Daps
^^^^Damn breh you might have talked that one up a bit too much I feel like I just wasted 50 minutes of my life :deadmanny:

Maybe I just have read westeros.org too much so it just wasn't stuff I hadn't considered already. One thing I didn't connect before though was that Euron captured Pyatt Pree from Qarth. I must have glossed over the part about where his warlocks came from.
Do you think it was bad? I don't spend too much time on Westoros.org so their theories and speculation is new and exciting to me. I going thru all their podcasts on iTunes now

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
Do you think it was bad? I don't spend too much time on Westoros.org so their theories and speculation is new and exciting to me. I going thru all their podcasts on iTunes now
Not that it was bad, just a huge chunk of the 50 minutes was rambling and awkward laughter. Didn't really hear any interesting ideas that couldn't have just been summed up in a couple paragraphs.

I would advise heading over to that site and reading theories if it interests you. The amount of shyt that will blow your mind in 50 minutes of reading is :ohhh:

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
so... who will be that faith's champion against Ser Robert Strong? :lupe:

duncanthetall

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WHODEY/BIGBLUE/SNOWGANG/MIDNIGHTBOYZ
I finished Storm of Swords last night. One of my favorite books of all time. Absolutely fukking incredible. Just nonstop mindblowing literary genius, truly. Starting A Feast of Crows. 15% in. Truly thinking about it, now that Jamie seems to have actually become a human being, it seems the only truly fukked up Lannisters were Tywin, Cersei, and Joffrey. Tommen is a great kid, so is Myrcella. The way that Kevan is standing up to Cersei this chapter has legitimately made me a fan. Its fukked up but amazing how you can love and hate characters who are on the same side with the same goals overall within these novels. These few Cersei chapters I've read so far though are nothing less than amazing. I've wanted to peek inside of this bytch's head from the beginning, and it seems that paranoia and her inability to come to terms with her own ineptitude is going to sink her. Possibly quite quickly. Jesus Christ, these novels are so engrossing and addictive. I've read the first 3 in a week. Hope to finish this one before class on Monday. I can't leave them alone, and I know that after Feast for Crows I'm going to be fukking lost, at least for a period of time.

Omfg the end of this chapter. Kevan does not give a shyt hoe lmao. Cersei's downfall is beginning and I loveeee it. This bytch SHOULD do as Kevan says. Kevan as regent with fat Sam's pappy as hand. shyt would get DONE. Cersei is too goddamn in love with herself man

On another note, I'm BEYOND surprised that Varys disappeared too. I mean, I just figured he'd find an out or a way to quell any talk of him being in league with Tyrion. Can't wait to see what happens

Last edited:

Dat Migo

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Boston
so... who will be that faith's champion against Ser Robert Strong? :lupe:

The Hound. it was written
. Possibly quite quickly. Jesus Christ, these novels are so engrossing and addictive. I've read the first 3 in a week. Hope to finish this one before class on Monday. I can't leave them alone, and I know that after Feast for Crows I'm going to be fukking lost, at least for a period of time.
You know there is a fifth book right? But soon you will be apart of the long wait. Savor it

duncanthetall

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WHODEY/BIGBLUE/SNOWGANG/MIDNIGHTBOYZ

You know there is a fifth book right? But soon you will be apart of the long wait. Savor it
Yeah I meant after the fifth, my bad. You're right. But when that next one comes out I'll gobble da hoe up lol

I'm just talking as I read though, hoping nobody quotes me and spoils anything. Even things I knew about like Joffrey dying, the way it went down and the people involved have surprised me. Right now I'm on Brienne's chapter and it seems she has the good sense to look for her at the Eyrie. I love how characters meet each other and depart and whatnot. The story flows so brilliantly smooth

Last edited:

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps

a lot of people would like to see that, and it would be interesting. but I think that fight might come later though

a lot of people think it might be Lancel :bryan:

whoever it is, I think somewhere along the line it might be revealed that Ser Strong is some undead monster, and then chaos...

that's when I'd like to see the Hound get involved. after it's known who Ser Strong really is