A Song of Ice & Fire by George R.R. Martin: Book Discussion Thread

Microfracture

Real G's move in silence
Daps
Reppin
Knees
Will the Dothroki follow her across the sea though? I have no doubt they would have followed Drogo with
perhaps some initial reservation. It's going to be interesting to see how hard she has to convince them to get on those ships. It's going to be some major fukkery going on if they hit a really bad storm.

Remember most of the Dothraki left before the dragons hatched. Having control of a dragon is the most palpable display of power in that world. Krasnys was willing to give up 10,000 trained killing machines for one dragon. Even Khal Pono will be forced to lean back.

Arianne Martell

"Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken"
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
House Martell #SnakeGang #Targset
8123703.jpg

:flabbynsick::mjlol:

Valar morghulis!

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA

Arianne Martell

"Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken"
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
House Martell #SnakeGang #Targset
Brehs.... I didn't know they cast roles for Children of the Forest.:dwillhuh:
http://www.westeros.org/GoT/News/Entry/Another_SpoileryCasting

she looks creepy....I like the direction they're going. It's nothing like I imagined them to be.

I hope they don't go with the "cute" white kids...I hope they nail it, I want to see if they interpret it just the way I imagined it.

Physical appearance and comparison to elves
Although they occupy the position usually filled by Elves in other high fantasy media, George R.R. Martin has repeatedly insisted that the Children of the Forest are not simply his version of Elves, because "Elves have been done to death". While the Children are repeatedly described as "dark and beautiful" this is not in the same manner of Tolkien's Elves: the Children are described as being smaller than humans with nut-brown skin, large ears, and glowing gold eyes, slitted like a cat's. They also have 4 digit hands (3 fingers and a thumb) that end in small claws instead of primate fingernails. They interwove vines and flowers into their hair and clothing.

Artistic depictions of the Children of the Forest in the "Complete Guide to Westeros" Season 1 Blu-ray featurettes depict them as nothing like stereotypical Elves, who usually inhabit graceful castles and are highly "civilized". Instead, the Children are depicted as being an aboriginal people adorned with totems and tattoos. (http://gameofthrones.wikia.com/wiki/Children_of_the_Forest)

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
brehs i was thinking, since tyrion is gonna be leaving king landing by the end of this season and meeting up with ilyrio next season, do ya think we will see his story held back a little to wait for season 6, or do ya think we will meet lord connington and young griff/aegon in season 5? i hope we meet them next season :gladbron:

i wonder who they would cast as young griff and lord connington :patrice: