A Song of Ice & Fire by George R.R. Martin: Book Discussion Thread

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
You bring up an interesting point @beanz: will the show reveal the other Stark kids are wargs too, or will it continue to have Bran be the only one? Having Arya warg Nymeria from thousands of miles away would be interesting for fans of the show.

Besides they'll need to introduce it eventually. Arya wargs a cat to help assassinate someone in ADWD, and uses it to stop the Kindly Man from hitting her.

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
You bring up an interesting point @beanz: will the show reveal the other Stark kids are wargs too, or will it continue to have Bran be the only one? Having Arya warg Nymeria from thousands of miles away would be interesting for fans of the show.

Besides they'll need to introduce it eventually. Arya wargs a cat to help assassinate someone in ADWD, and uses it to stop the Kindly Man from hitting her.

maybe they can open up arya's season with her sleeping and dreaming she is nymeria pulling a body out of the river near the twins. maybe they dont show who the body is at all and have thoros of myr and the rest of them rescue the body from the wolf. that would be a good way to show that arya can also warg and subtly set up lady stoneheart's appearance later.

then they can have jon have a dream that he is ghost following the host of wildlings to show jon is a warg too cause i dont think they have established that yet.

duck

Bills Mafia
Daps
Reppin
buffalo ny
2hi3uaf.gif

Been staring at this gif for a while just in awe of how much the CGI on the show has improved. I hope they can fix the direwolves and make them look as good as this

Regarding this scene though, I am really thinking that they are already starting the process of severely fast-forwarding the Dany in Meeren storyline.
Judging from the different scenes we have been given, we are already going to get the goat herder presenting his child's charred bones to Dany. Plus with the shadow of Drogon flying over Kings Landing, that would seem to indicate that the dragons will go missing before the end of the season which could even mean that Quentyn Martell has been dropped from the show (which I have no problem with, he was a waste of time)

There is no way they can stretch out Meeren beyond the end of Season 5. I find it hard to believe that the show would leave the WoW's Battle of Meeren as a cliffhanger like GRRM did in ADWD. So with Dany, Bran, Brienne, Lady Stoneheart, and inevitably Tyrion running out of material by the end of season 5, things are looking rough for us. WoW material needed already in 2015 :bryan:
i wouldnt be surprised... if i remember correctly , most of theons torture happened later in the series too

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
Seems like GRRM is sonning this family like the Starks lowkey. First Oberyn, then Quentyn. The Myrcella plan got interrupted. I think only Arianne and the daughter in KL have a shot to do anything.

EDIT: I haven't read AFFC in 3 years but I remember something about Doran intercepting that himself. Still, 2 key members of the Martell family are out of the picture.
They've got Arrianne heading out to see what the deal is with Aegon, they have Tyene, disguised as a septa, trying to get in the good graces of the High Septon (most slept on power player right now), they have Nymeria taking a seat on the Small Council, Obara is keeping Balon Swann on a wild goose chase after Dark Star and thus keeping Myrcella in Dorne, and Sarella is "playing a game" in Old Town. The leading theory on that last one is that Sarella is actually Alleras who was described as being a novice at the measter's school in AFFC.

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
They've got Arrianne heading out to see what the deal is with Aegon, they have Tyene, disguised as a septa, trying to get in the good graces of the High Septon (most slept on power player right now), they have Nymeria taking a seat on the Small Council, Obara is keeping Balon Swann on a wild goose chase after Dark Star and thus keeping Myrcella in Dorne, and Sarella is "playing a game" in Old Town. The leading theory on that last one is that Sarella is actually Alleras who was described as being a novice at the measter's school in AFFC.

i forgot about this. those dudes have formed an army right in kings landing. if they deem danarys or aegon as the rightful and queen or king and decide that they are bless by the gods, it wont be hard to remove whoever is in the red keep.

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
i forgot about this. those dudes have formed an army right in kings landing. if they deem danarys or aegon as the rightful and queen or king and decide that they are bless by the gods, it wont be hard to remove whoever is in the red keep.
Second most slept on right now is the Tyrell's. Depending on if Cersei can somehow bounce back from hitting rock bottom and regain some power, the Tyrell's could easily take over. Margeary will probably win her case, Mace is Hand of the King and two of his bannerman are also on the council. Biggest thing they have going for them: they have their entire army stationed outside of King's Landing:merchant: Cersei is no longer Regent and Kevan Lannister is no longer Regent. Tommen is a little kid. I don't see how the Tyrell's fukk up this situation.

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
Second most slept on right now is the Tyrell's. Depending on if Cersei can somehow bounce back from hitting rock bottom and regain some power, the Tyrell's could easily take over. Margeary will probably win her case, Mace is Hand of the King and two of his bannerman are also on the council. Biggest thing they have going for them: they have their entire army stationed outside of King's Landing:merchant: Cersei is no longer Regent and Kevan Lannister is no longer Regent. Tommen is a little kid. I don't see how the Tyrell's fukk up this situation.

There's this theory that Randyll Tarly is a Targaryen supporter. Mace is fukked if that's true.

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR

i see a situation where aegon comes up and gets the iron throne first and in order to please the tyrells says he will marry margaery. golden company may be thoro but if all of the tyrell army is camped outside kings landing he is gonna have to strike a deal to get to the throne. it will be interesting to see what tyene does once she gets in tight with the high septon tho. so many possibilities to this shyt.

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
There's this theory that Randyll Tarly is a Targaryen supporter. Mace is fukked if that's true.
:patrice: I don't think I've heard that theory. Mace seems like the type that would bend the knee quick fast like Ramadan if those dragons came through anyway. He could be fukked if Tarly believes Aegon is who he says he is:manny: But even then, House Tyrell supported the Targs back during the rebellion so would Tarly have to go against Mace anyway?:patrice:

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
yea the tyrells have been targaryen supporters forever. aegon the conquerer upjumped the tyrells. the real lords of highgarden were house gardner but aegon fukked them up and then their stewards, the tyrells, gave up highgarden to aegon so he made them lords of highgarden. tyrells literally owe everything to the targaryens.

Daps
Reppin
I am NOT a sex offender
Yeah, at the end of the last book Kevan mentions in his inner thoughts that The Tyrells rode hard for The Targaryens during Robert's rebellion and even long afterwards. Mace also led the seige of Storm's End that never went anywhere during rebellion on the Targaryen side. I can imagine if Cersei gets power back and/or something happens to Margery, the Tyrells would be quick to say fukk Cersei and fukk what's left of House Lannister. It seems they're already at the point of that, its just they have to help rule the kingdom seeing that Mace and Tarly have power and Margery is still a queen. Mace strikes me as a bit of an opportunistic ass kisser and sort of craven but the rest of the Tyrells and their bannermen seem like the smart thinking and ride or die type, so I can't imagine they'll just sit by and let everything go to hell.

The Tyrells are my absolute favorite house so that last part might just be wishful thinking on my part.

As an aside I really wanna see Sam interact with his dad. Maybe Sam will just up and slug him in the jaw or some shyt I'd lol for days at that.

Oh yeah, whatever happened to that Alarune Waters dude that Cersei fell in lust with and kept talking about how he looked like Rhaegar? Was he just there as a literary device to introduce that Cersei once loved Rhaegar from afar or is there more to that dude?

Glad I finished the books so I could join this thread, good discussion here, mates!

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
Yeah, at the end of the last book Kevan mentions in his inner thoughts that The Tyrells rode hard for The Targaryens during Robert's rebellion and even long afterwards. Mace also led the seige of Storm's End that never went anywhere during rebellion on the Targaryen side. I can imagine if Cersei gets power back and/or something happens to Margery, the Tyrells would be quick to say fukk Cersei and fukk what's left of House Lannister. It seems they're already at the point of that, its just they have to help rule the kingdom seeing that Mace and Tarly have power and Margery is still a queen. Mace strikes me as a bit of an opportunistic ass kisser and sort of craven but the rest of the Tyrells and their bannermen seem like the smart thinking and ride or die type, so I can't imagine they'll just sit by and let everything go to hell.

The Tyrells are my absolute favorite house so that last part might just be wishful thinking on my part.

As an aside I really wanna see Sam interact with his dad. Maybe Sam will just up and slug him in the jaw or some shyt I'd lol for days at that.

Oh yeah, whatever happened to that Alarune Waters dude that Cersei fell in lust with and kept talking about how he looked like Rhaegar? Was he just there as a literary device to introduce that Cersei once loved Rhaegar from afar or is there more to that dude?

Glad I finished the books so I could join this thread, good discussion here, mates!

whew u just reminded me about him. last we saw him he stole all of cersei's ships that she built for him after making him admiral of the sea (that dumb bytch). aurane was fighting for stannis and then bent the knee after the black water and not even a year later cersei has him on the council making decisions about their navy :snoop:

in the arianne martell chapter sneak peak of winds of winter she mentions a pirate that styles himself lord of the waters and has a fleet of real war ships. theres a bunch of theories on him but the one i like most is him coming back to stannis' side. patchface the fool says shyt that tends to be prophetic and one of them was when he says that they will march into the sea riding the backs of seahorses. aurane's sigil is seahorses. so yea, might be that. or he could just have set himself up as a pirate.

Daps
Reppin
I am NOT a sex offender
Damn, damn, damn if Cersei was a rapper I'd call her a smart dumb nikka. I struggle to even call her smart.

I had totally forgot he fought for Stannis. Interesting theory on him coming to fight for Stannis again, because Stannis is big on duty, honor and loyalty and I remember him being heated when he was talking to Davos about his former allies bending the knee to Joffery after the blackwater. But yeah if he took all the ships, he has to play a bigger role than a literary device for Cersei. There's really a lot he can do if he has war ships, join with Stannis, there's the Iron Islanders bothering the reach, etc,

I know everytime I see a hot blond dude or girl in the books I get to thinking some Targaryen business is afoot, I gotta calm down on that!

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
Damn, damn, damn if Cersei was a rapper I'd call her a smart dumb nikka. I struggle to even call her smart.

I had totally forgot he fought for Stannis. Interesting theory on him coming to fight for Stannis again, because Stannis is big on duty, honor and loyalty and I remember him being heated when he was talking to Davos about his former allies bending the knee to Joffery after the blackwater. But yeah if he took all the ships, he has to play a bigger role than a literary device for Cersei. There's really a lot he can do if he has war ships, join with Stannis, there's the Iron Islanders bothering the reach, etc,

I know everytime I see a hot blond dude or girl in the books I get to thinking some Targaryen business is afoot, I gotta calm down on that!

u aint the only one..theres even 1 theory that he is aegon and the other aegon is a fake. theres a theory that he is a blackfyre too. the way cersei describes him as looking just like rhaegar, its easy to let ur imagination run wild.