A Song of Ice & Fire by George R.R. Martin: Book Discussion Thread

Diunx

Probably drunk
Daps
Reppin
nightset
Are they the same ones though that post after each episode how disappointing it was because of every tiny detail that differed from the books :stopitslime:

Whoever that is pisses me off. People can't even enjoy a potential GOAT show because they are such nerds. I actually read some people talking about how poor the show did the Red Wedding:stopitslime:
The GOAT tv moment, and waaaayyyy better than the books portrayed it in my opinion

Gonna have to disagree with you there, the show didn't even come close to how amazing that scene was in the book :wow:

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
Gonna have to disagree with you there, the show didn't even come close to how amazing that scene was in the book :wow:

You are arguing that Santa Claus is real right now. There is no need to discuss it any more. It isn't a debate when you are the only person on Earth who thinks that the show didn't even come close to how amazing that scene was in the book . Even GRRM knows that isn't the case.

:troll:

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
You are arguing that Santa Claus is real right now. There is no need to discuss it any more. It isn't a debate when you are the only person on Earth who thinks that the show didn't even come close to how amazing that scene was in the book . Even GRRM knows that isn't the case.

:troll:
Wow, that got you feeling something serious huh. You are looking really stupid right now, let it go man. That Michael Jordan gif really hurt your soul.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
Wow, that got you feeling something serious huh. You are looking really stupid right now, let it go man. That Michael Jordan gif really hurt your soul.

you tried to dismiss my position entirely with the Jordan gif. you tried to shut me down on some "end of discussion" shyt. likened my position to believing Santa Clause is real. and told me I'm the only person in the world that holds a (strawman) position. how am I supposed to feel about that?

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
you tried to dismiss my position entirely with the Jordan gif. you tried to shut me down on some "end of discussion" shyt. likened my position to believing Santa Clause is real. and told me I'm the only person in the world that holds a (strawman) position. how am I supposed to feel about that?

Same way you can feel about this neg.

Let it go. Humans have too much stress in their life already, no need to be angry about a comment on the internet after you have had a chance to sleep it off. It aint that serious. I even gave you the last word even though I could have responded to your last post about it and dug the hole deeper for you.

I'm not sure there has been a time when this smilie has been more appropriate: :umad:

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
Same way you can feel about this neg.

Let it go. Humans have too much stress in their life already, no need to be angry about a comment on the internet after you have had a chance to sleep it off. It aint that serious. I even gave you the last word even though I could have responded to your last post about it and dug the hole deeper for you.

I'm not sure there has been a time when this smilie has been more appropriate: :umad:

negs, smilies, insults, and no room for discussion...

your avatar always reminds me of the homie Piston Honda

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
2hi3uaf.gif

Been staring at this gif for a while just in awe of how much the CGI on the show has improved. I hope they can fix the direwolves and make them look as good as this

Regarding this scene though, I am really thinking that they are already starting the process of severely fast-forwarding the Dany in Meeren storyline. Judging from the different scenes we have been given, we are already going to get the goat herder presenting his child's charred bones to Dany. Plus with the shadow of Drogon flying over Kings Landing, that would seem to indicate that the dragons will go missing before the end of the season which could even mean that Quentyn Martell has been dropped from the show (which I have no problem with, he was a waste of time)

There is no way they can stretch out Meeren beyond the end of Season 5. I find it hard to believe that the show would leave the WoW's Battle of Meeren as a cliffhanger like GRRM did in ADWD. So with Dany, Bran, Brienne, Lady Stoneheart, and inevitably Tyrion running out of material by the end of season 5, things are looking rough for us. WoW material needed already in 2015 :bryan:

Microfracture

Real G's move in silence
Daps
Reppin
Knees
2hi3uaf.gif

Been staring at this gif for a while just in awe of how much the CGI on the show has improved. I hope they can fix the direwolves and make them look as good as this

Regarding this scene though, I am really thinking that they are already starting the process of severely fast-forwarding the Dany in Meeren storyline. Judging from the different scenes we have been given, we are already going to get the goat herder presenting his child's charred bones to Dany. Plus with the shadow of Drogon flying over Kings Landing, that would seem to indicate that the dragons will go missing before the end of the season which could even mean that Quentyn Martell has been dropped from the show (which I have no problem with, he was a waste of time)

There is no way they can stretch out Meeren beyond the end of Season 5. I find it hard to believe that the show would leave the WoW's Battle of Meeren as a cliffhanger like GRRM did in ADWD. So with Dany, Bran, Brienne, Lady Stoneheart, and inevitably Tyrion running out of material by the end of season 5, things are looking rough for us. WoW material needed already in 2015 :bryan:

Lady Stoneheart is gonna catch so many bodies :banderas:

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
Lady Stoneheart is an interesting character. show watchers gonna bug when they see Cat is still alive a factor. she's obviously on this crazy revenge mission. but then what? what an awkward moment it will be if she's reunited with any of her kids. what a happy family the Starks will be :skip:

colicolicoli

Droid Gang
Daps
Reppin
LBC
About to reread this thread...I feel like most of my ASOIAF knowledge I've forgotten. I have no clue what happens next season other than Tyrion killing Tywin and the Purple Wedding. A part of me almost wants to not know what happens so I can be surprised. :ehh: Also we had a nice discussion last week about Harry Potter @Malik ...I think you're the guy that reads the Hunger Games books also and now I see you in here. :patrice: Seems like we have similar taste, do you know any other popping YA books? I've been fiending for something new.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
I wonder if they'll note throughout the season that a band of outlaws, led by a hooded woman, is hanging Freys? Or will it be a complete surprise for episode 10.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
I wonder if they'll note throughout the season that a band of outlaws, led by a hooded woman, is hanging Freys? Or will it be a complete surprise for episode 10.

I was thinking revealing she's Cat would probably be the final moment of the season. it will be interesting how they build up to that without making it obvious

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
I was thinking revealing she's Cat would probably be the final moment of the season. it will be interesting how they build up to that without making it obvious
True the actual reveal that it's Cat will happen in ep10, but I just wonder whether there will be scenes where Tywin, Tyrion, or whoever hears about a hooded woman and outlaws hanging Freys. That would foster some "who is the hooded woman" questions for fans.

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
True the actual reveal that it's Cat will happen in ep10, but I just wonder whether there will be scenes where Tywin, Tyrion, or whoever hears about a hooded woman and outlaws hanging Freys. That would foster some "who is the hooded woman" questions for fans.

yea now that u mention it, i can see them doing it this way. they also need to throw in the giant pack of wolves led by a giant she-wolf rumors too. idk if they have started to do that yet maybe im forgetting. i dont mind them skipping the scene where nymeria pulls catelyn out of the river cause it would be a bigger shock if they just show lady stoneheart hanging a frey at the end of the season. maybe they fast forward that shyt and have her hanging brienne tho :patrice: idk.