A Song of Ice & Fire by George R.R. Martin: Book Discussion Thread

Starman

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
so when this is all set and done will Ice and Fire have a larger impact/influence then Lord of the Rings?

is GRRM the next Tolkien?
No, and No. It can be argued, and I believe it, that Tolkien is responsible for Dungeons and Dragons (and therefore it's clones), and any number of other RPGs. Also there are books, and movies and GRRM himself...:lolbron:

SkillClash

Banned
Daps
but wait a second...do the most hardcore fans know more about the lore of ice and fire then GRRM himself

dem bath salts

To be reckoned with
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Broward
but wait a second...do the most hardcore fans know more about the lore of ice and fire then GRRM himself
that's impossible breh, george can invent anything with a flick of a pen. But I'm almost certain heads at westeros.org think about the history of westeros more than grrm :heh:

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
that's impossible breh, george can invent anything with a flick of a pen. But I'm almost certain heads at westeros.org think about the history of westeros more than grrm :heh:

Not impossible...one of the moderators over at that site gets sent all of his manuscripts so he can check them for errors :ohhh:

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
:russ:

This nerd life :banderas:

Yup that dude (Elio Garcia, and his fiance Linda) been helping Martin edit historical details for years. He's even read some of TWOW and has said Sansa has a chapter that will be very controversial. Can't wait.

They also wrote a lore/history book with Martin called World Of Ice and Fire, that's coming out later this year. They're hardcore nerds, I can't help but chuckle at em but they know their shyt

ADWD spoilers:

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
Yup that dude (Elio Garcia, and his fiance Linda) been helping Martin edit historical details for years. He's even read some of TWOW and has said Sansa has a chapter that will be very controversial. Can't wait.

They also wrote a lore/history book with Martin called World Of Ice and Fire, that's coming out later this year. They're hardcore nerds, I can't help but chuckle at em but they know their shyt

ADWD spoilers:

Are they the same ones though that post after each episode how disappointing it was because of every tiny detail that differed from the books :stopitslime:

Whoever that is pisses me off. People can't even enjoy a potential GOAT show because they are such nerds. I actually read some people talking about how poor the show did the Red Wedding:stopitslime:
The GOAT tv moment, and waaaayyyy better than the books portrayed it in my opinion

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
The Blackfyre's have been talked about too much, I'm just waiting for George to drop that hammer :banderas:

how do u think they will bring in the blackfyres? i read a theory somewhere that aegon might not be the real aegon after all and turn out to be a blackfyre. since the golden company was started by a blackfyre i can see it but idk.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Are they the same ones though that post after each episode how disappointing it was because of every tiny detail that differed from the books :stopitslime:

Whoever that is pisses me off. People can't even enjoy a potential GOAT show because they are such nerds

Elio is kinda fair to the show but Linda is just insane. Who gives a fukk that the eye colors are different lmao, it doesn't matter. She's horrible.

I was agreeing with a lot of Elio's comments back in S2, which I thought was kind of a bad season. They really fukked up Jon's storyline brehs, and made the Halfhand a non-factor. The only time I get upset at changes is when they result in bad television, or when the changes are inferior to the book. I understand a lot of characters gotta be thrown in the bushes to save money so that never bothers me, but shyt like Dany's dragons getting stolen in S2 was just dumb to me...

dem bath salts

To be reckoned with
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Broward
how do u think they will bring in the blackfyres? i read a theory somewhere that aegon might not be the real aegon after all and turn out to be a blackfyre. since the golden company was started by a blackfyre i can see it but idk.
On my phone now, but ill give u my theory when i get home.

But the blacfyres have been mentioned too much not to make an appearance. we learn of them in the dunk and egg novellas, grrm talks about them at conventions and their in the main story. when bloodraven popped up in dance, the guy responsible for defeating the blackfyre rebellion, that made me think we'll see them someway at the end of the story.

But yeah it does have to do with varys, illyrio and aegon. Thats the only motivation factors i can make out. I dont believe this realm shyt varys sspewed or he wouldn't killed kevin. Illyrio has guap, so its not for gold. These dudes must be doing all this elaborate shiy for blood.

Last edited:

Malik

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DMV | Philly
The business of television disagrees with you heavily, as does logic and reasoning and every piece of rumor and info regarding the scenario that can be plucked from the interet

This show isn't an artistic statement that HBO is willing to take a loss on. It is a television show that needs to continue to press the story so they do not lose viewerss and subscribers, and they have no need to cater to upset book readers when they have a far more important crowd to cater to (their viewers).

This isn't even really an argument. GRRM is dropping the ball, it would be 100% his fault if the show finishes first. HBO will finish the series without him if he can't drop Dream of Spring by around 2017-2018. Period, end of discussion.

Old man had 20 years to write the books.

Its 2014.

Game of Thrones came out in 1996.

He was working on Game of Thrones ever since 1991.

He's slow as hell.

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
what are you looking forward to assuming this book ever does drop

the thing im looking forward to the most is seeing the northern conspiracy pan out. i want to see(read lol) the freys getting bodied thoroughly and the boltons getting tortured too.

close 2nd is danarys coming back to the city and seeing how that battle pans out. i hope ser barristan makes it out alive :lupe: