A Song of Ice & Fire by George R.R. Martin: Book Discussion Thread

Arianne Martell

"Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken"
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
House Martell #SnakeGang #Targset
Bran is already past the point of no return. Did you see him in the new 15 minute preview? He is damn near looking like a full grown adult already

Luckily for the show, he is probably going to be able to be hidden for the rest of the series in makeup and costume since he is meeting with the Children and Three Eyed Raven this season and will probably be smothered by the tree. Producers dodged a bullet with that one.

Nah I'm avoiding watching previews cause its just a tease and we are so far from april...

not sure how they going to do Arya and Sansa is already too grown for the character... but I read that the intentionally casted the characters older because who wants to see a 14 year old (Daenerys) being mounted by Drogo? I've seen worst things on t.v. but meh.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
Bran is already past the point of no return. Did you see him in the new 15 minute preview? He is damn near looking like a full grown adult already

Luckily for the show, he is probably going to be able to be hidden for the rest of the series in makeup and costume since he is meeting with the Children and Three Eyed Raven this season and will probably be smothered by the tree. Producers dodged a bullet with that one.

isn't the difference in age between characters in the book and show 'water under the bridge' by now? Jon Snow is supposed to be like 14-15 and dude that plays him is like 27

Arianne Martell

"Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken"
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
House Martell #SnakeGang #Targset
Catelyn: It's a monstrous cruel thing to lose a child.

Hoster: Tansy

Catelyn: It's me father, it's Cat.

Hoster: Forgive me.. the blood... oh, please... Tansy...

Catelyn: Who is Tansy?

Hoster: Dead.. you'll have others, sweet babes, and trueborn...

To me he was relieving the abortion.

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
isn't the difference in age between characters in the book and show 'water under the bridge' by now? Jon Snow is supposed to be like 14-15 and dude that plays him is like 27

Its not the show vs. book age difference thats the problem, it is the show only season 1 vs. season 8 problem. They are little kids when the show begins and hit puberty in the middle of the series and by the end of series the change is extreme

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
Catelyn: It's a monstrous cruel thing to lose a child.

Hoster: Tansy

Catelyn: It's me father, it's Cat.

Hoster: Forgive me.. the blood... oh, please... Tansy...

Catelyn: Who is Tansy?

Hoster: Dead.. you'll have others, sweet babes, and trueborn...

To me he was relieving the abortion.

yes, that was the conclusion Cat came to. I'm trying to discuss the possibility that it was something else

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
Its not the show vs. book age difference thats the problem, it is the show only season 1 vs. season 8 problem. They are little kids when the show begins and hit puberty in the middle of the series and by the end of series the change is extreme

at least it's still the same actor. I'm not gonna be upset or confused that people change as our planet orbits the sun

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
at least it's still the same actor. I'm not gonna be upset or confused that people change as our planet orbits the sun
Neither am I, but the original statement in the discussion was referencing the fact that GRRM seems to think that they can just keep extending the TV series or put it on hiatus to give him time to finish the books. The reality is that it aint gonna happen, partially in part to the reason stated (child actors growing up).

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
Neither am I, but the original statement in the discussion was referencing the fact that GRRM seems to think that they can just keep extending the TV series or put it on hiatus to give him time to finish the books. The reality is that it aint gonna happen, partially in part to the reason stated (child actors growing up).

"the reality is" that the show will wait on the book. and I hope GRRM wouldn't rush the book to accommodate anything to do with the show

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
"the reality is" that the show will wait on the book. and I hope GRRM wouldn't rush the book to accommodate anything to do with the show
mj-laughing.gif

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps

is this an appeal to capitalism, popular opinion, or what? you think the show will get ahead of the book?

edit: I'd really like to know how the show wouldn't wait on the book (since that's what you bolded). how is that funny?

Last edited:

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Breh HBO came out publicly and said they wouldnt wait on the books. George gave them the ending and details in between in the event that the show catches up to the books, which is inevitable

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
is this an appeal to capitalism, popular opinion, or what? you think the show will get ahead of the book?

edit: I'd really like to know how the show wouldn't wait on the book (since that's what you bolded). how is that funny?

Think about it. GRRM is writing too slow. At this point the show WILL surpass the books unless HBO breaks it up to stay behind GRRM which will put the show at 8+ seasons (unlikely when you look at the shows budget and the fact that very few of HBO programs last that long)

Also majority of the fans of the show don't read the books, they probably don't have as much patience as the book readers and HBO would be pissing on them if they put the show on hiatus to wait for GRRM.

Since HBO already has the ending, I'm sure they'll go on with the show whether GRRM is ahead or not. Or maybe the show just gets canceled and everybody gets mad lol

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
Breh HBO came out publicly and said they wouldnt wait on the books. George gave them the ending and details in between in the event that the show catches up to the books, which is inevitable

I believe the context of that was that he (GRRM) left info on more or less what would happen, in case he straight up dies or some shyt. I doubt there's plans for the show to get ahead of the book