A Song of Ice & Fire by George R.R. Martin: Book Discussion Thread

BonafideDefacto

The Coli's Jetsetter & Globetrotter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Bay
I think that people just spend too much time thinking that GRRM won't do the 'obvious'. He is writing a story, not a detective novel. He has placed his clues, some subtle and some a bit more obvious, and in the end Jon Snow will be Jon Targaryen and Azor Azai reborn.

Rhaegar Targaryen knew the dragon has 3 heads. Eliana couldn't birth another child. He married Lyanna and birthed Jon to fulfill the prophecy. There needn't be anything more to it than that. The evidence that points to it all is extensive and straightforward, while the evidence that points to any other outcome is sparse and requires some long reaching to make work.

Need to stress again that this is a story. A particularly well written story, but still just a story and thus inevitably follows some stereotypical narratives. People scour the text for anything that supports their claim and ignore the stuff that doesn't. Confirmation bias at work. They don't even ask themselves WHY. Like why would Jamie be Azor Azai and the prophecy already has been fulfilled? What was accomplished there? It is silly and all the evidence is a major reach.

While I agree

I'd be damned if I let GRRM troll me
Cause if I believe that to a certain extent...
then I'll wind up pretty pissed if its not true

Im protecting my emotions per-say
Thats why I force myself to speculate things 'that aren't written'

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
While I agree

I'd be damned if I let GRRM troll me
Cause if I believe that to a certain extent...
then I'll wind up pretty pissed if its not true

Im protecting my emotions per-say
Thats why I force myself to speculate things 'that aren't written'

GRRM is too good of a writer to troll like that. To put that many clues pointing toward something that clearly hits and has no holes or weaknesses and then blow it up just bc the fans guessed right would be poor writing imo.

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Funny how that guy wrote detailing every character's relation to Ragnarok but failed to notice some obvious possible connections...aka Tyr -Tyrion connected directly by their names and World Tree = Bran.

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
Azhor Azai is Hodor!

3119251-3546983782-Hodor.jpg

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
Did yall see that one of his publishers slipped there was no way that WoW would see 2014 and that late 2015 was still a possibility

That would pretty much be the nail in the coffin for finishing the series before the show ends.

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
Did yall see that one of his publishers slipped there was no way that WoW would see 2014 and that late 2015 was still a possibility

That would pretty much be the nail in the coffin for finishing the series before the show ends.

nahhh that cant be true

:sadcam:

i had hopes of at least early 2015 at the latest.

:snoop:

fact

Fukk you thought it was?
Daps
Reppin
How you gonna ROFL with a hollow back?
I can't wait for the fukkery Lord Manderly is about to cause up north.

Fat nikka had me thinking he's worthless in the earlier books :skip: But that nikkas loyalty to the starks run deep :salute:
Truth, he started off looking real useless, now I'm rooting for that fat mutha fukka to kill more frey boys and hopefully he gets him a bolton before he dies

fact

Fukk you thought it was?
Daps
Reppin
How you gonna ROFL with a hollow back?
I think that people just spend too much time thinking that GRRM won't do the 'obvious'. He is writing a story, not a detective novel. He has placed his clues, some subtle and some a bit more obvious, and in the end Jon Snow will be Jon Targaryen and Azor Azai reborn.

Rhaegar Targaryen knew the dragon has 3 heads. Eliana couldn't birth another child. He married Lyanna and birthed Jon to fulfill the prophecy. There needn't be anything more to it than that. The evidence that points to it all is extensive and straightforward, while the evidence that points to any other outcome is sparse and requires some long reaching to make work.

Need to stress again that this is a story. A particularly well written story, but still just a story and thus inevitably follows some stereotypical narratives. People scour the text for anything that supports their claim and ignore the stuff that doesn't. Confirmation bias at work. They don't even ask themselves WHY. Like why would Jamie be Azor Azai and the prophecy already has been fulfilled? What was accomplished there? It is silly and all the evidence is a major reach.
powerful post homey. I still like to read the theories and shyt though, it holds me over thinking on shyt and creating shyt that aint there until GRRM gives us something. If this mutha fukka dies, forget it, everybody gonna have a say as to what he was gonna do, and the breadcrumbs, like Kubrik.

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC

Link? I wanna read it for myself...until then, I'm in denial.

HookersandIceCream

#TeamOrange
Daps
Reppin
Wherever whores go.....
I can't wait for the fukkery Lord Manderly is about to cause up north.

Fat nikka had me thinking he's worthless in the earlier books :skip: But that nikkas loyalty to the starks run deep :salute:

I know about the promise … Maester Theomore, tell them! A thousand years before the Conquest, a promise was made, and oaths were sworn in the Wolf's Den before the old gods and the new. When we were sore beset and friendless, hounded from our homes and in peril of our lives, the wolves took us in and nourished us and protected us against our enemies. The city is built upon the land they gave us. In return we swore that we should always be their men. Stark men!

Arianne Martell

"Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken"
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
House Martell #SnakeGang #Targset

This is stupid...is he not taking into account that the kid characters are going to be grown men and women when he finish the book??

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
so who was 'Tansy' Hoster Tully kept referring to? Cat seems to convince herself it must be her sister, but I'm not sure...

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
This is stupid...is he not taking into account that the kid characters are going to be grown men and women when he finish the book??

Bran is already past the point of no return. Did you see him in the new 15 minute preview? He is damn near looking like a full grown adult already

Luckily for the show, he is probably going to be able to be hidden for the rest of the series in makeup and costume since he is meeting with the Children and Three Eyed Raven this season and will probably be smothered by the tree. Producers dodged a bullet with that one.