A Song of Ice & Fire by George R.R. Martin: Book Discussion Thread

BonafideDefacto

The Coli's Jetsetter & Globetrotter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Bay
I also think he was going to say something to him about it before the sentencing the next day
On some...

I didn't take the opportunity to smash your wife,
I let others...
...but I did take the opportunity to smash your whore.
original.jpg

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
I think Tywin found out about Shae and "bought" her out. Payed her way more than what Tyrion would have and smashed to prove a point like how dare you love this bytch you a lannister blah blah blah

Microfracture

Real G's move in silence
Daps
Reppin
Knees
honestly i think thats excatly how it went down. tywin was cold vindictive @sshole and after what he did to tyrion with his wife when he was younger, fukking his girl just to spite him seems very likely

i think the hate for his son goes beyond him being a midget and causing his moms death in childbirth ... i think tywin beleives tyrion to be the illigitimate son of the mad king and tywin had no way to prove it so that anger grew inside him over the years

He could be an illegitimate Targ...inbreeding is known to cause deformities :yeshrug:

EDIT: Nevermind, that would mean Aerys smashed Tywins wife

Malik

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DMV | Philly
He could be an illegitimate Targ...inbreeding is known to cause deformities :yeshrug:

Well, Aerys did say out in the open that he wanted Johanna Lannister. Tywin wouldn't be wrong to have his suspicions.

According to Ser Barristan Selmy, King Aerys II lusted for Joanna Lannister, something that caused further friction between the King and his Hand. At the wedding of Tywin to Joanna, Aerys drunkenly japed about how it was a pity the first night tradition was banned, and he took certain liberties in the bedding ritual when the men at the feast had to disrobe the bride.

I don't think Tyrion is Aerys' b*stard. I think he's Tywin's.....Tywin is just upset that his wit and intelligence went to his deformed imp son. If Tyrion was normal size, Tywin would be proud as hell and things would've played out between Jamie and Tyrion like Samwell Tarly and his younger brother. Tywin probably wouldn't have even gave a fukk that Jamie got picked for the Kingsguard. But because Tyrion's a dwarf, Tywin just hates the muthafukka. I still see him getting Casterly Rock in the end anyway.

Mr. Pink

All Star
Daps
Which does make sense. There was that passage about how Aerys was extra handsy with Joanna during the bedding ceremony at her and Tywin's wedding.

To be honest, I'm torn between what makes a better story, Tyrion being Aerys' kid or Jamie/Cersei being Aerys' kids. Both work, and there are hints that support both theories.

edit: ninja'd :birdman:

Malik

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DMV | Philly
Which does make sense. There was that passage about how Aerys was extra handsy with Joanna during the bedding ceremony at her and Tywin's wedding.

To be honest, I'm torn between what makes a better story, Tyrion being Aerys' kid or Jamie/Cersei being Aerys' kids. Both work, and there are hints that support both theories.

I think that would work better and makes Tywin's hate for Tyrion that more ironic.

Microfracture

Real G's move in silence
Daps
Reppin
Knees

Sheeeeeiiiiiiiiiiiit that'd be crazy. Not everything can be a twist but thats part of what makes the books good because you almost have to consider it.

Malik

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DMV | Philly
It would make alot of sense if Jamie and Cersei were Targs.
  • Jamie and Cersei being dirty incestuous lovers :scusthov:
  • Jamie being nothing like Tywin/Tyrion being the only child like him
  • Jamie Lannister and Rhaegar Targaryen having a big brother-little brother type relationship
  • King Robert Baratheon hating Targaryens when his entire house was filled with them
  • Joffrey being a young version of the Mad King
  • Tyrion killed his father, Tywin. If Jamie was Aerys' kid, he killed his own father too :ohhh:
This nikka GRRM is an evil genius :ohhh:

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
It would make alot of sense if Jamie and Cersei were Targs.
  • Jamie and Cersei being dirty incestuous lovers :scusthov:
  • Jamie being nothing like Tywin/Tyrion being the only child like him
  • Jamie Lannister and Rhaegar Targaryen having a big brother-little brother type relationship
  • King Robert Baratheon hating Targaryens when his entire house was filled with them
  • Joffrey being a young version of the Mad King
  • Tyrion killed his father, Tywin. If Jamie was Aerys' kid, he killed his own father too :ohhh:
This nikka GRRM is an evil genius :ohhh:

Dont forget Cersei's infatuation with fire