A Song of Ice & Fire by George R.R. Martin: Book Discussion Thread

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You guys have to remember that books 4 and 5 for the first half run concurrent and it wouldn't be a stretch for them to try and fit some of that stuff in. I mean really the only stuff from book 4 thats important is the introduction of Arianne and Dorne, Cersei getting caught up with the Kettleblacks and Arya in the House of Black and White in Braavos. You could fit all of that in in a few episodes in the middle of the season, and of course still have the battle at the wall be your penultimate episode, with Jon being named the Lord Commander in epi 10.

But since the Arianne and the Sand Snakes haven't been cast i'm thinking the Dorne arc along with the Tyrion/Griff/"Aegon" and the Quintyn Martell arc will come in season 5. The kingsmoot can be damn near skipped entirely as long as you introduce Victarion and Eureon. And Theon/Reek can also be introduced at the end of season 4.

And Gendry as far as im concerned can be killed off at this point, his only purpose was to provide that curse on Robb, Balon, and Joffery. :manny:

I agree that they could do without most of the kingsmoot

I don't see them going THAT far with Arya. I think they're going to end her story in the season the way it ended in book 3 with her hitting the boat to Braavos but nothing further. I also think her relationship with the Hound will be more pronounced and have more relative screen time than it did in the book.

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Rickon is on Skagos which is the island with Unicorns and it's people are descendants of the first men, supposedly savage cannibals and everyone is scared of them/the island...So if the people there get behind Rickon (since they are related and Rickon's lineage), then Rickon's got a scary squad behind him...and maybe some unicorns.

When did they speak on Skagos?

Pretty sure I missed this :snoop:

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
http://www.idigitaltimes.com/articl...-winter-release-date-update-george-martin.htm

looks like he is done writing and just waiting on editing. i really really hope we get a 2014 release.
scared_medium.gif

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
When did they speak on Skagos?

Pretty sure I missed this :snoop:

It's mainly from Davos' thoughts. He has a whole "send me anywhere but there, even the iron born don't mess with that place. But I can't remember where the Unicorn stuff came from specifically.

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It's mainly from Davos' thoughts. He has a whole "send me anywhere but there, even the iron born don't mess with that place. But I can't remember where the Unicorn stuff came from specifically.

Yea I remember Davos speaking about it but I'm clueless about that unicorn shyt

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC

Had to do a quick google run because I knew I saw it but couldn't remember where.

"Or so he thought, until Blackbird left the land behind and struck east across the bay for the shores of Skagos. The island sat at the mouth of the Bay of Seals, massive and mountainous, a stark and forbidding land peopled by savages. They lived in caves and grim mountain fastnesses, Sam had read, and rode great shaggy unicorns to war."

duck

Bills Mafia
Daps
Reppin
buffalo ny

jon snow had a dream ( i forgot which book) where he saw shaggydog fighting what appeared to be a unicorn and got injured in the fight

Uptown WaYo87

HARLEM/BX
Daps
just realized we gon see jamie smashing cersei on top of same table dead joffrey on

fukking lannisters :deadmanny:

Bud Bundy

A Bundy never cares
Daps
just realized we gon see jamie smashing cersei on top of same table dead joffrey on

fukking lannisters :deadmanny:

naw that happened as soon as he got back with bernie. They will prob cut that out. I am interested to see Jamie interacting with Joffery now though.