A Song of Ice & Fire by George R.R. Martin: Book Discussion Thread

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
That makes me wonder if Rob and Sansa ever had them

And if they did what would happen in Sansa's case, where her wolf dies?

And what about Jon :ohhh:

I think there is enough evidence to conclude with reasonable certainty that Jon will be warging into Ghost after being stabbed and his physical body will be in limbo.

I think it will be a cool turning point if it happens, as long as the books don't end with him being in Ghost. He will need to find a way back into his body eventually or people will be pretty disapointed

Microfracture

Real G's move in silence
Daps
Reppin
Knees
Dany made it to Mereen by the end of A Storm of Swords iirc and then we don't hear from her until ADWD. I'm guessing there'll be parts from both 3&5 that make it considering they can't have Dany absent from the show for a whole season.

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think there is enough evidence to conclude with reasonable certainty that Jon will be warging into Ghost after being stabbed and his physical body will be in limbo.

I think it will be a cool turning point if it happens, as long as the books don't end with him being in Ghost. He will need to find a way back into his body eventually or people will be pretty disapointed
Man I was so :damn: at Jon getting stabbed that I never thought about that.

I know they're not going to kill him but I wondered where George was going with it

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
Dany made it to Mereen by the end of A Storm of Swords iirc and then we don't hear from her until ADWD. I'm guessing there'll be parts from both 3&5 that make it considering they can't have Dany absent from the show for a whole season.

well one thing is that books 4 and 5 are supposed to be concurrent, so I would expect them to handle that content differently on the show

Microfracture

Real G's move in silence
Daps
Reppin
Knees
well one thing is that books 4 and 5 are supposed to be concurrent, so I would expect them to handle that content differently on the show

Only way I can see it going is she moves with all the freed slaves to Mereen, we get the Strong Belwas fukkery (brief glimpse of that in the trailer), then she captures the city. Season 5 will be the struggles in Mereen (possibly up to her riding Drogon and getting stranded) alongside the Bran, Brienne, Jamie, Cersei, Ironborn, Sam & Arya storylines.

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
You guys have to remember that books 4 and 5 for the first half run concurrent and it wouldn't be a stretch for them to try and fit some of that stuff in. I mean really the only stuff from book 4 thats important is the introduction of Arianne and Dorne, Cersei getting caught up with the Kettleblacks and Arya in the House of Black and White in Braavos. You could fit all of that in in a few episodes in the middle of the season, and of course still have the battle at the wall be your penultimate episode, with Jon being named the Lord Commander in epi 10.

But since the Arianne and the Sand Snakes haven't been cast i'm thinking the Dorne arc along with the Tyrion/Griff/"Aegon" and the Quintyn Martell arc will come in season 5. The kingsmoot can be damn near skipped entirely as long as you introduce Victarion and Eureon. And Theon/Reek can also be introduced at the end of season 4.

And Gendry as far as im concerned can be killed off at this point, his only purpose was to provide that curse on Robb, Balon, and Joffery. :manny:

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
Only way I can see it going is she moves with all the freed slaves to Mereen, we get the Strong Belwas fukkery (brief glimpse of that in the trailer), then she captures the city. Season 5 will be the struggles in Mereen (possibly up to her riding Drogon and getting stranded) alongside the Bran, Brienne, Jamie, Cersei, Ironborn, Sam & Arya storylines.

does she even know who Barristan is on the show? they were able to keep that a mystery in the book, but it's just obvious on the show when you can clearly see it's the same actor

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
the first half of book 5 runs at the same time as most of book 4 so there will definitely be some first half of book 5 stuff in there. i think(and hope) that the dragon over KL thing is a flashback. maybe bloodraven telling bran a story or showing bran a story. or maybe its a tyrion dream since he does mention having dragon dreams a few times, but that would make the tyrion a targ theory more true and i dont like that theory. who knows? i just cant fukking wait brehs. for this season and for the next fukking book.

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
does she even know who Barristan is on the show? they were able to keep that a mystery in the book, but it's just obvious on the show when you can clearly see it's the same actor

yeah, she does. He was never in disguise just looking for her in the show.

Scottie Drippin

Should Never Mention Me
Daps
Reppin
The Traps of Unified Korea
No. Rickon definitely did. Pretty sure they all did, Rickon for sure though

EDIT: Might be remembering wrong. I know Rickon had dreams in the Winterfell crypts, maybe not wolf dreams though
We know for a fact Robb, Arya, and Bran do. Sansa never did. Lady was killed before any of the three we know for sure started having them. Robb and Rickon most certainly did/do, as their wolves were still around when all the others started having dreams.

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
I guess that means she'll focus all her anger on Jorah...

yea i could be wrong but i think thats jorah that the guy on the horse is charging towards. maybe instead of making him enter the city thru sewers, danarys makes him fight that guy to atone and then banishes him. i could be wrong but it kind of looks like him.