A Song of Ice & Fire by George R.R. Martin: Book Discussion Thread

BonafideDefacto

The Coli's Jetsetter & Globetrotter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Bay
Just for the sake of any idiots that might click on the 'Spoilers' thread since its titled the same minus the obvious...
Im going to use this thread for my spoilers

With that,
Can't wait for today's trailer
I'm curious what its going to give away

I'm actually about to do a search to see if someone has got a hold of the season 4 episode titles yet​

detroitwalt

Superstar
Daps
A couple of people in the season 4 thread said that's KL the dragon is flying over....is it? I don't think so

The guy riding up on the horse with the lance....that seems like it's the Strong Belwas scene we didn't get

Kingslayer hit Joffrey with the :usure: when he said the war was won and he got his pimp hand

Dany's slaves or I guess freed people are goin ham on they old masters. Anyone notice how they're :mjpls: after that white savior shyt from last season?

Ygritte back so that's good just cause her accent is :noah: Giant crashing the gate at the wall:leon:

Yara serious bout going to get her brother:lolbron:

Who was that putting the baby in the snow? And why:dwillhuh:

Arya working on her dance moves:obama:

Red Viper's voice is perfect for the character IMO
Reek back in armor like he a real person again:heh:

Look like the mountain is dropping the sword on somebody at the end

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
Who was that putting the baby in the snow? And why:dwillhuh:

It's Rast. He was part of the group that betrayed Jeor Mormont and killed Craster last season.

In the books that never happened since he was at Castle Black at the time. I guess Season 4 has Rast taking Craster's place and sacrificing babies to the Whitewalkers.

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
damn man the red viper could have been such a great regular character too bad he dies in one season.

detroitwalt

Superstar
Daps
It's Rast. He was part of the group that betrayed Jeor Mormont and killed Craster last season.

In the books that never happened since he was at Castle Black at the time. I guess Season 4 has Rast taking Craster's place and sacrificing babies to the Whitewalkers.
I thought that was him but I figured everybody died at Craster's except for Sam

Microfracture

Real G's move in silence
Daps
Reppin
Knees
I'm forgetting what happened to Gendry in the book vs. the show. Who does he get snatched by after that fight at the inn?

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
I'm forgetting what happened to Gendry in the book vs. the show. Who does he get snatched by after that fight at the inn?
he's with the Brotherhood Without Banners. I think it's clear he'll have a bigger role at some point

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
what are you seeing?

Perhaps my book memories are confused, but I'm pretty sure Theon's story is well into book 4 in the trailer (cleaned back up and heading to Moat Caitlin to negotiate surrender?) Also, Bran kneeling at the heart tree would be well past book 3.

Regardless of what the trailer shows though, we know for a fact that Bran's storyline in this season goes all the way to book 5. Bloodraven and Children of the Forest have been cast.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
Perhaps my book memories are confused, but I'm pretty sure Theon's story is well into book 4 in the trailer (cleaned back up and heading to Moat Caitlin to negotiate surrender?) Also, Bran kneeling at the heart tree would be well past book 3.

Regardless of what the trailer shows though, we know for a fact that Bran's storyline in this season goes all the way to book 5. Bloodraven and Children of the Forest have been cast.

well the question was specifically about what was shown in the trailer...

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
he's with the Brotherhood Without Banners. I think it's clear he'll have a bigger role at some point

I have an idea he's going to be present for what happens to Riverrun (since Tom of Sevenstreams is there as undercover right now)

But it looks like they turned Gendry to Edric Storm for the show, I don't know where that's going...

Last edited: