A Song of Ice & Fire by George R.R. Martin: Book Discussion Thread

Malik

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DMV | Philly
Explain how my post was inaccurate because you said "IF it wasn't for the power to assassinate Renly with the shadow"

That's the whole point breh. Stannis did have that power. Renly's supporters didn't mean shyt, and Ned backing him wouldn't have changed anything. He was dead from the start and never was a player, just a footnote.

Furthermore, saying Ned should have joined up with Renly is ridiculous anyway because Ned is one of the few people with honor and morality and he recognized that Stannis was the true and rightful king by every law known to man. Ned's mistakes were with how he handled Cersei Lannister and Littlefinger, not how he handled Renly/Stannis. Saying Ned should have marched with Renly would have been a complete character assassination.

I don't know how many times I have to say this.......I understand it wasn't in line with Ned's character........I'm simply saying what I would have done.

The Baratheons and the Tyrells were united with each other. The Arryns and the Tullys would have supported whatever the Starks did.......you can see very clearly a scenario where its five houses all riding together to put Renly on the throne. I also assume the Martells would be down for anything that had to do with Lannisters dying. That makes six houses. I understand Ned's too honorable to plot like this. GRRM had to include that otherwise people would ask why not do the obvious. Everybody fukked with Renly. But nah......lets support the unlikeable douchebag who has a small army and virtually no support from any other house. Let's do that :mindblown:

Last edited:

dc007

All Star
Daps
Reppin
DC
Lmao @ Supporting the f@aggot Renly
Ol Rainbow Sigil having ass
He would've never had any heirs
:wrist:

What I would've done from the moment Robert Died...
:scheme:

I would bounced from Kings Landing but before hand made a pact with Renly and Stannis to raise there banners and attack from the south
I would remind them that Robert's Rebellion didn't necessarily have a King set in the plans and we would discus it if we all survive
:whistle:

At that point I would raise my banners from the North

With Ned leading the North
:banderas:

The war would've lasted maybe 1yr at most
:boss:

At that point I would reveal the truth of Jon

(Son of Rheagor and Lyanna)
:lawd:

I just finished ADWD today, but did I miss something? I know that Rheagor really wanted Lyanna....but I don't recall anything being hinted at Jon being their son?

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
I just finished ADWD today, but did I miss something? I know that Rheagor really wanted Lyanna....but I don't recall anything being hinted at Jon being their son?

You missed a lot breh, so do the majority of readers.

Lots of stuff hidden in the books with subtle clues and foreshadowing

dc007

All Star
Daps
Reppin
DC
You missed a lot breh, so do the majority of readers.

Lots of stuff hidden in the books with subtle clues and foreshadowing

Do you know which book/chapter this was foreshadowed?

Edit: I thought I read in book five where Stannis (or maybe the onion knight) was saying that Ned had Jon with some lady that was on a boat that was taking him to white castle?

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
Do you know which book/chapter this was foreshadowed?

Edit: I thought I read in book five where Stannis (or maybe the onion knight) was saying that Ned had Jon with some lady that was on a boat that was taking him to white castle?
Most of the clues are in book 1. There are enough that it is generally regarded as fact.

Search google for "rhaegar and lyanna equal jon"

BonafideDefacto

The Coli's Jetsetter & Globetrotter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Bay
I wish they would've done more would've done more with the Iron Islands up to this point of the series
I wanna see more people repping house GreyJoy.
If Victorian, Euron and Aeron had more screen time
people would definitely rep

I just want one more house to shyt on lol

But there gear is the sickest

I guess we will get this Season 5...
I can see the season starting off with Aeron resurrecting nikkuhs on the beach

'What is dead may never die, but rises again, harder and stronger'

lmao at that quote.
Shyt should be the motto of the White-walkers

tumblr_m546doFYny1qzxj9to1_500.gif

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
it's speculation breh :comeon:

No it is not speculation. It is a well developed theory based on a large amont of textual evidence and other musings from GRRM. It is about as factual as you can get now without it being stated in the book. He even writes in the book "the devil is in the details" because he wants people to discover it, and they did

You can argue about other theories but jon targaryen is a lock. The only question is whether he is legitimate or a b*stard

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
I really hope the children of the forest have teamed up with the Others and Bran is going to lead them in retaking Westeros from the Andals. Need all these houses wiped out except for those with blood of the first men

BonafideDefacto

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Bay
If GRRM is trolling us on the Jon (Lyanna/Rheagor Theory)
Im'ma be
:fire:

Because I thought that before I read any speculation.
It's a theory I conceived without any additional help and I want that shyt to be true​

BonafideDefacto

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Bay
I really hope the children of the forest have teamed up with the Others and Bran is going to lead them in retaking Westeros from the Andals. Need all these houses wiped out except for those with blood of the first men
:wtf:
That means everybody dies...
They make it past the army north...
everyone is done...
because they will rise the dead and have a even larger army going south of the Neck​

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
No it is not speculation. It is a well developed theory based on a large amont of textual evidence and other musings from GRRM. It is about as factual as you can get now without it being stated in the book. He even writes in the book "the devil is in the details" because he wants people to discover it, and they did

You can argue about other theories but jon targaryen is a lock. The only question is whether he is legitimate or a b*stard

all the evidence is vague at best. it's speculation IMO