A Song of Ice & Fire by George R.R. Martin: Book Discussion Thread

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
These books are long as fukk :noah:

For winter break, I decided to run through all five after buying them months ago. I'm only on Game of Thrones and this sh*t is 800 odd pages. But this nikka jammed like 600 words on every page when in most books, its 250-300 words a page.........so its really like reading 1400 pages worth of story.

Edit: Googled it. Game of Thrones is 284,000 words. Thats 1100+ pages in a normal sized book :noah:

Breh that's the shortest book in the series:heh:

Storm of Sword is like 40% bigger :heh:

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
I know, my other thought would be that Stannis wrote it as a plan with Mel, but Stannis isnt really down with fukkery, and Mel seemed honestly suprised by the letter and seemed to have no idea. I cant wait for the next fukking book

did you read the twow chapter? I'll spoiler tag just in case

Stannis' men capture Bolton's maester, including his ravens and his pink wax. Maybe he did send it to the Wall... :ohhh:

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
i assume every nikka gunning for stannis to win grew up with no dad :manny: that's why they look up to this nikka so much :lolbron:

I grew up without a father and I don't like him. Dude's personality fukkin' sucks and he'd make the worst father figure but I am rooting for him to win against the Boltons though.

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
It feel like I'm reading the Bible :noah:
The King Bran version :blessed::blessed::blessed::blessed:

but why are you in this thread if you aren't caught up :patrice:

:ufdup: better exit slowly before we drop some bombs on you head whoadey

:pacspit: Pops taught me how to be dutiful and righteous, real mutha fukkas understand. Steel sharpen steel, real recognize real, and y'all is looking like strangers to us.

So standing for Truth and Justice means I grew up without a dad????:wtf:

tumblr_lipa9aPxB91qcc5y1o1_500.gif

:ufdup: BOTH of you nikkas better watch how the fukk you talk to a #WolfGang #Targset soulja out here

we just lettin yall cook in this thread outta respect, we could easily toss you nikkas the fukkin bushes plehbwoi :birdman:

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
IMO Stannis has shown a lot of growth. I think he would be a good king now, whereas back in ACOK he would have been a terrible one. He's still an a$$hole, as seen in the TWOW chapter, but he has learned to compromise more. It's working so far in the north. Can you imagine ACOK Stannis giving a fukk what the northern lords had to say?

Sucks tho, I don't think he'll win. Once Rickon shows up it's a wrap for him. Northern lords will abandon him and I doubt he'll make it back south. Plus we already know Dany is gonna give him that work, based off the prophesy.

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
It also shows you how powerful Ned Starks words are that Stannis would go to war off of what Ned said about Cersi children his nieces and nephews. Ned backed Stannis and you notice how stannis is the only King still alive who fought in the war of the 5 kings. Ned knew what he was doing.

Bet Ned would have thought twice about writing that fukk ass letter if he knew Stannis had Melisandre advising. :birdman:

Malik

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DMV | Philly
@T-K-G I already know what happens. I been read the wikis and I stay on the ASOIAF forums. I already knew the major things like Joffrey being poisoned, the Red Wedding, Aegon Targaryen, Tywin getting murked on the toilet, Jon Snow getting stabbed the fukk up and that his daddy is most likely Rhaegar....I just wanted to read the books.

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
@T-K-G I already know what happens. I been read the wikis and I stay on the ASOIAF forums. I already knew the major things like Joffrey being poisoned, the Red Wedding, Aegon Targaryen, Tywin getting murked on the toilet, Jon Snow getting stabbed the fukk up and that his daddy is most likely Rhaegar....I just wanted to read the books.

Damn... I wonder how you enjoyed the books if all of that was spoiled for you before reading. :lupe:

When I got spoiled about Renly's death I hit the books ASAP.

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
:mindblown: nikkas need self control, you butchered the story for yourself

:wow: but do you breh

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
It also shows you how powerful Ned Starks words are that Stannis would go to war off of what Ned said about Cersi children his nieces and nephews. Ned backed Stannis and you notice how stannis is the only King still alive who fought in the war of the 5 kings. Ned knew what he was doing.

Also shows how powerful Ned's legacy is. He was so respected and loved that the north rallied to his memory, and to save his daugther. Really shows that honor may have gotten him killed, but it ensured his legacy would live on. Interesting when you compare that to Tywin, who spent his entire life building his legacy and family name...but the minute he died, the Lannisters went to shyt. All Tywin spent his life achieving has been put at risk by his daughter.

Bud Bundy

A Bundy never cares
Daps
IMO Stannis has shown a lot of growth. I think he would be a good king now, whereas back in ACOK he would have been a terrible one. He's still an @sshole, as seen in the TWOW chapter, but he has learned to compromise more. It's working so far in the north. Can you imagine ACOK Stannis giving a fukk what the northern lords had to say?

Sucks tho, I don't think he'll win. Once Rickon shows up it's a wrap for him. Northern lords will abandon him and I doubt he'll make it back south. Plus we already know Dany is gonna give him that work, based off the prophesy.

It all depends If Jon snow makes it out alive I think alot of Northen Lords will follow him and if he backs Stannis well then the rest will fall in line. But when Danny comes it is a wrap for any who appose her.

Malik

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DMV | Philly
Damn... I wonder how you enjoyed the books if all of that was spoiled for you before reading. :lupe:

When I got spoiled about Renly's death I hit the books ASAP.

I like reading. I also do a little writing on the side or at least I'm trying to.

So I've read 50 books since last January on the research tip. Reading ASOIAF was a no brainer, even if I already knew what happened for the most part :manny:

What I will say is, I dread the POV chapter structure. I loved the chapters with Eddard, Catelyn and Bran (Robb by proxy) but, I can't stand anything focusing on Daeneyrs. I'm sure it will get better when I get to the later books and she starts bossing up but, in the first book, you're going from reading about the backstabbing, corruption and plotting going on in Westeros (Eddard discovering Robert's b*stards and the secrets behind Jon Arryn's death or Catelyn and her crazy fukking sister) to reading about some wild savages over in the middle east. It's boring as hell in comparison.