A Song of Ice & Fire by George R.R. Martin: Book Discussion Thread

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Cersei gonna go ham now that Kevan is dead tho. She has an unstoppable killing machine at her disposal, she's gonna take out some people.

A question I haven't seen raised: anyone think Varys may have killed more than Kevan and Prycelle in the prologue? I wonder why he didn't just let Kevan die from the arrow shot, which Cersei would automatically blame on Tyrion. Instead he let his lil homies stab Kevan up too, which makes me wonder whether Varys went to go kill other people on that night too, with his little birds. Or did they just kill Kevan and rush back into the hidden passages in the walls.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
my bad I didn't mean to spoil anything for you a while ago Martin let loose some sample chapters from Winds of winter that shows you the fate of Stannis.

http://www.ign.com/boards/threads/sample-chapter-from-winds-of-winter.207815997/

also it was int the back of Dance with Dragons hardcover.

I think the letter is fake too. Stannis is very confident about the battle and suggests he has a plan. A lot of people think he's gonna use the frozen river to his advantage - in ADWD the northmen complain that the southern soldiers made too many fishing holes in the ice, thus making it weak. Well if the Freys charge onto that ice they gonna fall right in...

I think Manderly will start killing the Freys to prove he's on Stannis' side, then convince him to give him his sword. Manderly goes back to Winterfell with the sword as proof of Stannis' death, then Ramsay writes the letter. Meanwhile Stannis gets to sneak towards Winterfell undetected. How he gets inside the castle tho...dunno. Theon might know a way.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
I don't know what to make of all that shyt with Ramsay, Stannis, Mance, and the letter. I'm just not sure what exactly ramsay's motivation would be. unless it's even more complicated....

fact

Fukk you thought it was?
Daps
Reppin
How you gonna ROFL with a hollow back?
and thus, Rickon was finally worth something :blessed:

but seriously :heh: watch Rickon have the wildest super power that makes no damn sense
Yo, don't sleep on Rickon, the wolves take on thier owners personality traits and Shaggy dog is mean as fukk. Rickon gonna end up being Deebo in this mutha fukka. He prolly down with the canibals picking out the choicest bytch meats

fact

Fukk you thought it was?
Daps
Reppin
I don't know what to make of all that shyt with Ramsay, Stannis, Mance, and the letter. I'm just not sure what exactly ramsay's motivation would be. unless it's even more complicated....

Ramsay doesnt have motives behind anything, he a sadistic baby huey, no fukks are ever given when it comes to that dude, he has no strategy, just thinks he can bull over everyone. I know there are no new POV's, but I really wish GRRM would give us more Thormand the gawd, he would go down and crush the buildings for the homey Jon Snow. I want to see what the mountain crew that is riding with Stannis would do to Ramsay and thems, talking about "for the Ned's little girl", whatever you want to say about Eddard being a naive rube, mutha fukka inspired loyalty

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps

He was likely tricked. I think he's telling the truth about Mance, he caught him and is torturing him. But I think Manderly must have brought him Stannis' sword as a part of a ruse, and Ramsay fell for it. Maybe he was told that Theon and "Arya" escaped to the Wall in order to bait Ramsay out of Winterfell. Once he leaves boom, Stannis attacks.

fact

Fukk you thought it was?
Daps
Reppin
i assume every nikka gunning for stannis to win grew up with no dad :manny: that's why they look up to this nikka so much :lolbron:

:pacspit: Pops taught me how to be dutiful and righteous, real mutha fukkas understand. Steel sharpen steel, real recognize real, and y'all is looking like strangers to us.

DonkeyPuncher718

If Your Knee Dont Bend It Can Be Broken
Daps
Reppin
The Wall
i assume every nikka gunning for stannis to win grew up with no dad :manny: that's why they look up to this nikka so much :lolbron:

So standing for Truth and Justice means I grew up without a dad????:wtf:

Answer me this Ned Stark, the most honorable:laugh:man in all of the seven kingdoms, right hand man to the King Robert Baratheon following all the rules and G-Code in Westerosos got his head cut off trying to put who on the Iron Throne?????:stopitslime:

If you are about truth,justice and everything right in the world you ride with Stannis:blessed:

NONE of this shyt would be going on if nyggas just continued to play by the rules from Cersei to Renly(fukking bicth ass Baratheon:pacspit)and across the board.

Ya'll nygas think its just a cute catchphrase when Stannis says it but it's the goddamn truth:

tumblr_mdvzmzGdFq1qhlg72o1_1280.png

fact

Fukk you thought it was?
Daps
Reppin
He was likely tricked. I think he's telling the truth about Mance, he caught him and is torturing him. But I think Manderly must have brought him Stannis' sword as a part of a ruse, and Ramsay fell for it. Maybe he was told that Theon and "Arya" escaped to the Wall in order to bait Ramsay out of Winterfell. Once he leaves boom, Stannis attacks.
I just don't think Ramsay wrote that letter, I don't think Mance would give shyt up no matter what, that dude would rather die than give up info

fact

Fukk you thought it was?
Daps
Reppin

Answer me this Ned Stark, the most honorable:laugh:man in all of the seven kingdoms, right hand man to the King Robert Baratheon following all the rules and G-Code in Westerosos got his head cut off trying to put who on the Iron Throne?????:stopitslime:

If you are about truth,justice and everything right in the world you ride with Stannis:blessed:

NONE of this shyt would be going on if nyggas just continued to play by the rules from Cersei to Renly(fukking bicth ass Baratheon:pacspit)and across the board.

Ya'll nygas think its just a cute catchphrase when Stannis says it but it's the goddamn truth:

:banderas::lawd::salute::ohlawd:

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
I just don't think Ramsay wrote that letter, I don't think Mance would give shyt up no matter what, that dude would rather die than give up info

Ah, I feel you. Dunno, if Ramsay didn't write it I'd believe Mance wrote it. But why would he write it? He'd have to predict that Jon would come to Winterfell, and the wildlings would follow. Seems like a jump.

fact

Fukk you thought it was?
Daps
Reppin
Ah, I feel you. Dunno, if Ramsay didn't write it I'd believe Mance wrote it. But why would he write it? He'd have to predict that Jon would come to Winterfell, and the wildlings would follow. Seems like a jump.
I know, my other thought would be that Stannis wrote it as a plan with Mel, but Stannis isnt really down with fukkery, and Mel seemed honestly suprised by the letter and seemed to have no idea. I cant wait for the next fukking book

Malik

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DMV | Philly
These books are long as fukk :noah:

For winter break, I decided to run through all five after buying them months ago. I'm only on Game of Thrones and this sh*t is 800 odd pages. But this nikka jammed like 600 words on every page when in most books, its 250-300 words a page.........so its really like reading 1400 pages worth of story.

Edit: Googled it. Game of Thrones is 284,000 words. Thats 1100+ pages in a normal sized book :noah:

Bud Bundy

A Bundy never cares
Daps

It also shows you how powerful Ned Starks words are that Stannis would go to war off of what Ned said about Cersi children his nieces and nephews. Ned backed Stannis and you notice how stannis is the only King still alive who fought in the war of the 5 kings. Ned knew what he was doing.