A rising number of American men don't want to work

ViShawn

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
A lot of men are opting out of society and delving into online communities and the virtual world. Stagnant wages, inflation, culture and gender wars are deincentiving men from pursing a vocation or college and finding a purpose.

Not to mention that the labor market is going overseas so there's less blue collar jobs as well as the education system catering to women and women are outpacing men.

Not to say women's success is bad. That's great, but success isn't a zero sum game.

When you mention mens issues in society people see it as anti woman.

The more men opt out of society the more it will cause more harm to women and destabilize our country as a whole.

We have to find a way to get the economy under control as well as mentor young boys in our community. I focus on boys because girls are doing great and I hope they continue to excel but we need to make sure boys are good too.

LadyJ2

Superstar
Daps
This notion that men don't want to work is a lie. They stay making up these statistics about how such and such American doesn't want to work, is lazy and how only foreigners want to do jobs. All of this is corporate sponsored garbage so they can only bring in and exploit cheap foreign labor. The reality is most young men can't find a job that pays a livable wage, and why would they want to slave at some fast food job where they can't even afford to live?
There is the military and college and trade school. Not to mention entrepreneurship there are 10 year old business owners.

It isn’t anyone’s fault these men did not apply themselves in school. Their families failed them.

BeeCityRoller

New Bee
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Queen City
This K-Shaped economy and AI is going to make things even worse over the next couple of years. Thats why I have to go back to school after a decade off to get relevant skills. You're going to have even more 40 year old men driving a Nissan Sentra doing Uber and Doordash never filing taxes, living with their not-enough-SSI to survive momma living in a 2 bedroom run down apartment. These news articles aren't telling you about that though.

The Generation Z men that see the writing on the wall are going for it, they're already doing better than alot of us millennials. The men age 30-40 that haven't, are the ones you see posting "It's called the American dream because you have to be asleep to believe it.” "You will own nothing and be happy" everywhere. I could have been in a similar predicament, I just hustled hard in my late 20's and got somewhat lucky during the Pandemic.

The learning curve for most blue collar workers absolutely sucks. It takes time just like college. You get treated like crap by most Field Managers, dealing with suspect coworkers, and it takes years of working under them as a journeyman to strike out on your own. Blue Collar DIY for me is a hobby; good for guys who are prepped for that in their teens/early 20's but you are not going to see me wrecking my body in my 40s doing it Full Time while they're trying to raise the retirement age to 70+:comeon:Thats why the 40-year old white man shows up with an estimate but got mexicans and their early 20's subcontractors doing all the work.

Kiyoshi-Dono

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Petty Vandross.. fukk Yall
Lazy and living off women. Their momma, baby momma, auntie, cousin, WIFE, etc.

Pretty shameful to be honest.
While women are fakin jack with these entrepreneur eyelash/weave companies :russ:
Yo goofy ass is only fooling the simp bytch nikka brigade of this website
Nobody wants to work anymore
They saw what it did to their parents and don’t want to go out the way they did
Overworked and under appreciated
The same nikkas saying a wife and kid gives you purpose and motivation
Are the same weak ass nikkas that tell men their mental health doesn’t mean jack shyt or be saying them weak ass RIPs
When a nikka works his body into the grave
Only for some triflin bytch to have a new dikk within a matter of minutes once that casket is in the ground
Or a kid that doesn’t appreciate what the father is trying to do for their future
Only to hate that nikkas guts for working so much
Simple minds with self righteous indignation run this dying site

BlackJesus

Spread science, save with coupons
Daps
Reppin
The Cosmos
I believe people are awaking and realizing that they are tax/wage slaves for the wealthy and that you can’t outwork the disparity between the haves and have not. People are trapped on a hamster wheel working just to pay for a 3 bed 2 bath and a car note.

People are being dishonest with themselves and what they are financially capable of paying for. If that 3 bed 2 bath is taking 50% or more of your income and the car note is $1000 per month you need to stop what you’re doing immediately and reevaluate your choices.

Unless you have a family you have no business living in a 3 bedroom anyway

LadyJ2

Superstar
Daps
While women are fakin jack with these entrepreneur eyelash/weave companies :russ:
Yo goofy ass is only fooling the simp bytch nikka brigade of this website
Nobody wants to work anymore
They saw what it did to their parents and don’t want to go out the way they did
Overworked and under appreciated
The same nikkas saying a wife and kid gives you purpose and motivation
Are the same weak ass nikkas that tell men their mental health doesn’t mean jack shyt or be saying them weak ass RIPs
When a nikka works his body into the grave
Only for some triflin bytch to have a new dikk within a matter of minutes once that casket is in the ground
Or a kid that doesn’t appreciate what the father is trying to do for their future
Only to hate that nikkas guts for working so much
Simple minds with self righteous indignation run this dying site
You can do all that you said and still just be an a$$hole. That could be why no one “appreciates” you.

Also lol @ no one wants to work anymore being typed during graduation season. Clearly people WANT to work and have careers and see it as a goal.