A rising number of American men don't want to work

Uitomy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Anxiety attacks and sugar cookies
Well duh, you can’t decrease the value of money for over 100 years to the point the last two generations have arguably had the most social pressure put on them ever without the proper environment to live up to it due to said money devaluing to work out. I work for myself and contract for a few other companies mixed in with a pair of part time w-2’s, I couldn’t go back to full time work not just mentally, but also cause I’d have to work to long to qualify for the kind of money I’m already making now. I’d rather take the struggle of inconsistent pay with big checks, more free days to clear my head.

OperationNumbNutts

Superstar
Daps
IMO something is being ignored. :manny: I question if employers are favoring women over men. I work in a group with 15 people with four of us being men. Lord knows we cannot question for them to start bringing in more men. I don't think it's men not wanting to work, its opportunities are getting slimmer especially in white collar jobs. The same premise applies as young people have fewer opportunities cause older folks are not retiring.

LordOfTheTalentedAndLazy

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Didn't read the thread, and maybe a hot take, but the pursuit of sex/women and/or a family has always been a huge motivator for men throughout history. We live in a generation where women are talking about they'd take a bear over a man. OnlyFans is popping. Sugar babies are popping. Divorce rate is crazy. Just living is expensive so people barely want to have kids anymore, and young women are in the streets living their best lives, while all these young men their same age can see how it's going down play by play online. What exactly are these young guys supposed to be motivated to work for now?

I feel for these young guys. Not working ain't gonna solve their problems, but when you look at the current state of American society, the current economy, and the current state of dating/relationships, I can understand how it'd be hard for some of them to get motivated to do anything.

At the end of the day though not working doesn't keep you from being a slave to and/or getting crushed by the capitalist system. Making some money and getting yourself financially free is the way imo, but to each their own.

And with that said, the young guys that do have some grind are gonna clean up in the next 5-10 years considering what a lot of their peers are up to

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I believe people are awaking and realizing that they are tax/wage slaves for the wealthy and that you can’t outwork the disparity between the haves and have not. People are trapped on a hamster wheel working just to pay for a 3 bed 2 bath and a car note.