A rising number of American men don't want to work

Chrishaune

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Huntsville
People keep saying capitalism is bad,

I'm asking, what other current system today are blacks thriving in?

Who said it's bad?
It's an illusion is what people are really saying.
While you play the capitalism game, somebody else is playing the monopolization game and keep you from having influence.
So you don't really own anything playing their game.

You are given the fantasy of owning.
It can be taken away at the drop of a hat.

Ezekiel 25:17

Veteran
Daps
Who said it's bad?
It's an illusion is what people are really saying.
While you play the capitalism game, somebody else is playing the monopolization game and keep you from having influence.
So you don't really own anything playing their game.

You are given the fantasy of owning.
It can be taken away at the drop of a hat.

Is monopolization not a global phenomenon regardless of the government system though?

If you lived in Japan, Switzerland, South Korea, Ghana, Brazil, wouldn't you still be subjected to monopolization?

Ezekiel 25:17

Veteran
Daps
This thread is already becoming a bad faith gaslight circle jerk where nikkas drunk the "they just don't wanna work" kool aid while conveniently ignoring corporate greed and stagnant wages

Why don't people ask for a more liveable wage? Shouldn't your job experience do the talking?

Daps
Reppin
RENO, Nevada

Cakebatter

All Star
Daps
Are you in the construction industry?

I work in the Construction industry. I'm around General Contractors, Subcontractors, and business owners. The industry is desperate for new young talent. That's not coming from my mouth, but all the owners
Not anymore. I worked in the AV integration business for a decade. I worked hand in hand with electricians, plumbers, and HVAC guys, as we all had to coordinate space for our wares. I also worked directly with the builder and GCs. I did both commercial and residential. My father in law recently retired as an engineer working in manufacturing, so he gave me inside knowledge of trades outside construction. I never denied there are shortages. As you know in construction there are trades and there are basic laborers jobs in constructions. There will never be an adequate amount of general labors, but the actual skilled trades field is quite small, especially compared with fields like nursing or teaching. I observed that the turnover was low for the higher paying positions, and the pay hasn't grown significantly over the past 20 years given the sharp rise in cost of living. I'll say it again, "Learn a trade" can be great personal advice, but a ludicrous solution for the current career path crisis we have. Im expecting the new meme to be "Be a Cop". There's shortage there too.

Scaaar

Superstar
Daps
You dont know anything about the trades. So of course you don't see why "Learn a trade" is just a meme. You are just parroting some youtube babble. Most trade shortages are 20 years old. The most lucrative postions in plumbing and HVAC have been already taken. The real money is running your own company and having either government contracts or strong connections with builders and free lance general contractors. Ive worked along side trades in construction for a decade, and my father in law is an electrical/mechanical engineer. I have seen the effects of the shortages in electricians and an industry flooded with them at different times. Your side hustle story doesn't really help your argument. Go talk to actual trades workers rather than listen to Mike Rowe or Dave Ramsey. They will tell you different and far more nuanced story.

Real Talk, My buddy use to parrot the same, "Learn a Trade" jazz, as he has kids in high school. Then he started a new career as a Physical Therapist. The physical wear and tear, and injuries he sees on a regular basis from the trades changed his tune.

Yes, the world is competive and you will have to work hard to get ahead, but the world has changed drastically and the number of career paths available are significantly smaller than 30 years ago. The American people are now poorer for it. Putting your head down and grinding away, will be bad advice when you finally look up and the US looks like Brazil or the Dominican Republic.
I know people that do trades as well too. From electricians, HVAC, contractors, etc. The biggest issue they have is finding people who want to do the work i.e a shortage....wear and tear is what happens on most bodies as that what happens when you get older. You keep peddling all this doom and gloom about the U.S looking like a third world country but what do you think is going to happen to the people that just throw their hands up now because it's too hard?! No one says just put your head down. But you gotta have a plan while you grind. People have to adapt or they'll be left behind it's people still griping about coal mines coming back but they're no longer needed as much. The reason people are poorer is that the took their foot off their elected reps neck and allowed them to deregulate rules that we had to protect workers rights. Honestly people could vote but y'all are too pessimistic to even do that lol

Scaaar

Superstar
Daps
Are you in the construction industry?

I work in the Construction industry. I'm around General Contractors, Subcontractors, and business owners. The industry is desperate for new young talent. That's not coming from my mouth, but all the owners
I've brought the same point up too. I know a ton of contractors since a lot of my family members flip houses. The biggest issue is finding reliable workers. They try to hire young brehs to learn the game but they're too inconsistent and don't show up to jobs. The Mexicans dudes do. They put their family on and eventually branch off and start their own company with their own people. That's bread that's directly transferred from black families to others due to brehs not wanting to show up and make it happen. But they got a million excuses about it not being fair

Cakebatter

All Star
Daps
If what you say is true, men will have to find another way. What do y'all suggest if trades, college, and IT aren't options?
The problem is systemic, and the solution is job creation. The best way to jump start it would be to break up Amazon. Amazon decimated the US retail landscape by undercutting the competiton by being subsidized with AWS profits. Separate the two businesses and Amazon's e-tail business would be forced to pick and choose a few segments to compete in, leaving a ton of retail segments open for the competiton and new upstarts. Opening a local brick and mortar store or an independant e-shop becauses much more viable after that. People have to think beyond themselves to solve problems that exist beyond themselves.

Chrishaune

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Huntsville
Is monopolization not a global phenomenon regardless of the government system though?

If you lived in Japan, Switzerland, South Korea, Ghana, Brazil, wouldn't you still be subjected to monopolization?

There's always going to be levels to any created economic system. Some are allowed to play at a higher level.

You do realize every part of the United States economy is not capitalism right?

There's organizations that fall under State Owned Enterprises as well.

It's the same thing that's been said. For those that want to believe they are playing the capitalism game fine. There's others playing the game at a higher level and they aren't going to allow a majority of people to play on that level. They also control who even plays the game they are in control of period. If they want to cut you off they can cut you off.

The direction most countries are going now is to shoot for more State owned Enterprises. Everyday citizens won't have a chance to own much. (The debt system was created to take from you)

And everyday the world is moving towards a more World Enterprise.

It's meant to make you feel like you have to play the game a certain way.

But before all of this was created people lived how they lived.

Most people today are being bullied into believing they should live one way, and don't realize it. Their fear of being ostracized is what keeps them in check.

And that's why most people will never take a stand for anything of significance.

Last edited:

Cakebatter

All Star
Daps
I've brought the same point up too. I know a ton of contractors since a lot of my family members flip houses. The biggest issue is finding reliable workers. They try to hire young brehs to learn the game but they're too inconsistent and don't show up to jobs. The Mexicans dudes do. They put their family on and eventually branch off and start their own company with their own people. That's bread that's directly transferred from black families to others due to brehs not wanting to show up and make it happen. But they got a million excuses about it not being fair
Ive heard this too. The first question I always ask is, "Whats the pay?". I've rarely been impressed. The old adage applies, "There's rarely worker shortages, just pay shortages". Last time was a martial arts school owners complaining about a lack of workers. Dude was pumping his chest about offering $15/hr in 2019. I was paying basic laborers $15/hr in 2010. Employers want to ignore the fact that Supply and Demand works in both directions.

Daps
I don't have to be.
You've made it clear.
You've boxed yourself in to believing the world only works 1 way.
And you are saying a whole lot of nothing (including your replies about “those who taught you capitalism are running a monopolistic strategy”…Yeah, no shyt)

Anything me or you have can be taken away, at any time. You are not on some other another plane nor are you immune from the “system”.

Would love to hear tangibles about the holy grail solution you have set up for yourself.