A rising number of American men don't want to work

Scaaar

Superstar
Daps
You can't be serious. Whats happened to all those dudes who "Learned how to code"? Most didnt get jobs or got recently laid off. They sure arent getting hired today over someone with a CS degree. "Learn a Trade" is just the new meme. Trades are a tiny industry with low turnover in the areas that actually pay well. Some like auto mechanics don't even pay well. Drop 1000 new plumbers in a large city like NYC and payrates will drop, despite the plumbers union gatekeeping half of them from joining. You do realize the construction industry is far from booming and not forcasted to any time soon, so there goes your HVAC and Electrician recommendations.
So basically you're just making excuses about what can potentially go wrong when there is no guarantees of it happening instead of actually getting in the field and making it happen. Like I said quitting the game before you even pick up the sticks. Just sit on hands then. I'm sure that will give you the best outcome lol

Daps
Not trying to sound “pull yourself up by the bootstraps” but you gotta HUSTLE to make it today. shyt is more competitive than ever and your “return on effort” is lower than ever. I think a lot of men are opting out because of this.

Women have leveled up. Information and best practices are everywhere. Inflation and price gouging are running unchecked.

Like someone said, success ain’t a zero sum game. And if you don’t have real ambition and resiliency, you gonna drown.

And the worst part, this will keep getting worse. AI will fukk a lot of folks.

Chrishaune

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Huntsville
Not trying to sound “pull yourself up by the bootstraps” but you gotta HUSTLE to make it today. shyt is more competitive than ever and your “return on effort” is lower than ever. I think a lot of men are opting out because of this.

Women have leveled up. Information and best practices are everywhere. Inflation and price gouging are running unchecked.

Like someone said, success ain’t a zero sum game. And if you don’t have real ambition and resiliency, you gonna drown.

This is what you call, brainwashed by capitalism.

Don't feel bad, most westerners are.

Daps
This is what you call, brainwashed by capitalism.

Don't feel bad, most westerners are.
Just because we want the game to be different, doesn’t mean it is. We live in a capitalistic society; you nor I are gonna change that. One can either choose to swim or drown.

Your lack of “brainwashing” ain’t gonna save you or yours

2 Up 2 Down

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Late stage capitalism. Only thing will help is if workers fought back like they did in the late 1800s. Only problem now is that unlike back then people now have been conditioned and brainwashed with a centuries worth of propaganda of how this is the way it is supposed to be

Cakebatter

All Star
Daps
So basically you're just making excuses about what can potentially go wrong when there is no guarantees of it happening instead of actually getting in the field and making it happen. Like I said quitting the game before you even pick up the sticks. Just sit on hands then. I'm sure that will give you the best outcome lol
Not in the least. While you throw out memes, I went on to actually describe the landscape of the job market for the industry you memed out. So if reality is an excuse to you, then you just exposed how unserious you are. "Learn to Code" or "Learn a trade" can absolutely make great advice to a particular individual, but on a greater societal level, which is the scope of this thread, they are just unfounded memes. The devil is in the details, lets see what details you contribute.

Scaaar

Superstar
Daps
Not in the least. While you throw out memes, I went on to actually describe the landscape of the job market for the industry you memed out. So if reality is an excuse to you, then you just exposed how unserious you are. "Learn to Code" or "Learn a trade" can absolutely make great advice to a particular individual, but on a greater societal level, which is the scope of this thread, they are just unfounded memes. The devil is in the details, lets see what details you contribute.
Learn a trade isn't a meme it's been an issue for years. People have looked down on skilled labor even though it is one of the few jobs that's protected from advances in A.I. So again it's a viable solution just like learning to code is. You just gotta have a plan. I literally just got a quote for a new HVAC system and it was 13k the actual unit itself was 5k so the rest of that is labor and that's just one job for them. It's a guy that does it on the side and he's charging me 9k so he's directly pocketing 4k for doing a 6hr job. But again they can charge that because it's a specialized skill and there is a literal shortage of them as the older guys phase out and young people don't want to do it and instead chase glamour positions like doctors and lawyers which will be phased out by AI. So what's the next excuse?

Chrishaune

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Huntsville
Just because we want the game to be different, doesn’t mean it is. We live in a capitalistic society; you nor I are gonna change that. One can either choose to swim or drown.

Your lack of “brainwashing” ain’t gonna save you or yours

Reality is capitalism isn't the only game.
You've fooled yourself into believing that.

The ones that preach capitalism to you know that.
They have you falling in line.

Cakebatter

All Star
Daps
Everyone looking for instant gratification rather than putting the work in with a solid plan/ realistic goals to achieve. Ask someone what they want in life, and then ask them how are they going to make it happen. Most will not have a plan or the plan isn’t well thought out. Growing up is realizing you have to do shyt you don’t wanna do to go further in your field, but also hard work is just that without a solid plan/goals.
The problem today is you have a narrow window to make such plans. That's primarily due to the shrinking number of career paths. Pre-2000s you didnt need a degree or a trade to find a career path that lead to home ownership. That really doesnt exist today, so parents now have to very wisely steer their children into a field that is still sustainable in the 4-8 years of their kids training or college education. I have young children, not in high school, yet my wife and I are already mapping viable out career options for them. Most kids wont have that advantage.

Dzali OG

Dz Ali OG...Pay me like you owe me!
Daps
Reppin
Duval Florida
So you support whores. And yet you're probably against legalized prostitution. This is why America is a dumpster fire for dating and male/female relations.

You have dumb men on one hand cheering on the worst of female behavior and incentivizing them to do more of it.
I love hoes! I'm fine with legalized prostitution. It's her box...if she want to sell it, it's her biz.

Whore behavior only frighten men with low dikk confidence.

Taco

All Star
Daps
The problem today is you have a narrow window to make such plans. That's primarily due to the shrinking number of career paths. Pre-2000s you didnt need a degree or a trade to find a career path that lead to home ownership. That really doesnt exist today, so parents now have to very wisely steer their children into a field that is still sustainable in the 4-8 years of their kids training or college education. I have young children, not in high school, yet my wife and I are already mapping viable out career options for them. Most kids wont have that advantage.
I get what you’re saying, and I agree to an extent. At the end of the day it’s a parents job to steer their kid in the right direction so life isn’t so hard later down the line. That’s all you can do. Yeah, some kids won’t have parents like your kids do, and I do have sympathy for them, but that’s life. If we lived on an ideal world there would be no homelessness and everyone would own a house, but that’s not the case. Move accordingly.

Daps
Reality is capitalism isn't the only game.
You've fooled yourself into believing that.

The ones that preach capitalism to you know that.
They have you falling in line.
Bruh, stop. You aren’t familiar with MY game at all.

Last edited: