A Real Black VS A Mulatto: Y'all Really Can't Tell the Difference?!?!

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
You guys keep focusing on individual people and anecdotal evidence to prove your points. I'm asking you to look at this whole system of white supremacy where a person who is clearly mulatto can pass as black. I'm asking you to look at that whole system, and to reject it.

This logic doesn't work in a New World Black setting unless you're "pure". New world blacks are already AfroEuropean so theres going to be "black" people who look mulatto/white without having a white parent and people who look "black" with a white parent, hence,

UAJb91L.jpg

It has been asked:

It seems like you don't identify with the white side of your heritage...why is that?

I do identify with my white heritage. I was raised by my white mother and every day of my life I have always been aware of the fact that I am bi-racial. However, growing up I was aware that even though my mother was white, I did not look or FEEL very white myself. When I went to school the other kids always assumed that I was totally black. Many times my classmates did not believe me when I said my mother was white. I soon grew tired of trying to prove that I was half black and half white and learned not to concern myself with what others thought. I began to relate to the other "all black kids" at my school more because quite simply...I looked more like them. I was certainly too dark to run around trying to say I was white (smile).

After having many talks with my mother about the issue, she reinforced what she had always taught me. She said that even though you are half black and half white, you will be discriminated against in this country as a black person. People will not know when they see you that you have a white mother unless you wear a sign on your forehead. And, even if they did, so many people believe that if you have an ounce of black blood in you then you are black. So, therefore, I decided to let folks categorize me however they needed to. I realized that my sense of self and my sense of worth was not determined by the color of my skin or what ethnic group I chose to be a part of. I decided to go about my life normally, be the individual I was and let the issue of my race be the issue of those who had a problem with it.

As I grew I began to feel a very natural connection to the black community. Although I was half white, I began to see that I was being discriminated against the same way my "ALL" black friends were...just as my mother once said. So, the fact that my mother was white, and her blood ran through my veins, made no difference in the face of the ignorance of racism.

So, the question should not be why does it seem like I don't identify with my white heritage, but the question should be, why should it matter what color anyone is or what heritage they identify with? If people would just learn to look at everyone equally and stop trying to label one another the issue of what we are all made of would be null and void. If the truth be told, we are all made of the same thing...flesh, blood and bones! We should all be able to relate and identify with each other. We are all members of the same race, the HUMAN RACE!

Finally, I believe we should all see one another as equal. However, I have evolved into a realist. I have learned to live with the fact that when one looks at me they usually view me as only black. I am not bitter, as I love both the black and white side of myself. In fact, I have realized that by being viewed as only BLACK I am in a wonderful position. I can continue to blaze a trail for black women in film and television and help open the minds of those who have been victims of the racist teachings of the past. If through my life I can help obliterate the negative images of black people and help to abolish the negative stereo types associated with black people...then when I die I will know my life had real purpose.

Sending you lots of love,
~ Halle

Halle On Being A Person Of Bi-racial Heritage:

1PcLYGu.jpg

Obama's true colors: Black, white ... or neither?

A perplexing new chapter is unfolding in Barack Obama's racial saga: Many people insist that "the first black president" is actually not black.

Debate over whether to call this son of a white Kansan and a black Kenyan biracial, African-American, mixed-race, half-and-half, multiracial -- or, in Obama's own words, a "mutt" -- has reached a crescendo since Obama's election shattered assumptions about race.

Obama has said, "I identify as African-American -- that's how I'm treated and that's how I'm viewed. I'm proud of it." In other words, the world gave Obama no choice but to be black, and he was happy to oblige.

Obama's true colors: Black, white ... or neither? - USATODAY.com

In the word of a monoracial (as in non-biracial) Afram who happens to look "white"

dlK9q.jpg

GK Butterfield

But U.S. Rep. G. K. Butterfield, a black man who by all appearances is white, feels differently.

Butterfield, 61, grew up in a prominent black family in Wilson, N.C. Both of his parents had white forebears, "and those genes came together to produce me." He grew up on the black side of town, led civil rights marches as a young man, and to this day goes out of his way to inform people that he is certainly not white.

Butterfield has made his choice; he says let Obama do the same.

"Obama has chosen the heritage he feels comfortable with," he said. "His physical appearance is black. I don't know how he could have chosen to be any other race. Let's just say he decided to be white -- people would have laughed at him."

"You are a product of your experience. I'm a U.S. congressman, and I feel some degree of discomfort when I'm in an all-white group. We don't have the same view of the world, our experiences have been different."

The entire issue balances precariously on the "one-drop" rule, which sprang from the slaveowner habit of dropping by the slave quarters and producing brown babies. One drop of black blood meant that person, and his or her descendants, could never be a full citizen.

Today, the spectrum of skin tones among African-Americans -- even those with two black parents -- is evidence of widespread white ancestry. Also, since blacks were often light enough to pass for white, unknown numbers of white Americans today have blacks hidden in their family trees.

RQi5ofc.jpg

jB3qSkA.png

Knuckles Red

<3<3<3
Daps
This logic doesn't work in a New World Black setting unless you're "pure". New world blacks are already AfroEuropean so theres going to be "black" people who look mulatto/white without having a white parent and people who look "black" with a white parent, hence,

UAJb91L.jpg

Halle On Being A Person Of Bi-racial Heritage:

1PcLYGu.jpg

Obama's true colors: Black, white ... or neither?

In the word of a monoracial (as in non-biracial) Afram who happens to look "white"

dlK9q.jpg

GK Butterfield

RQi5ofc.jpg

jB3qSkA.png
You guys keep focusing on individual people and anecdotal evidence to prove your points. I'm asking you to look at this whole system of white supremacy where a person who is clearly mulatto can pass as black. I'm asking you to look at that whole system, and to reject it.

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
lol you fools can't even see how the white man has made you accept the one drop theory, thus making black INCLUSIVE, and white EXCLUSIVE, ergo biological genocide of black people.

No, in America, "Black" was already inclusive way before the One Drop Rule existed

You can't reverse the reality of how "YOU/WE" as a people/ethnicity came about:francis:

You think Prodigy from Mobb Deep questions his blackness or thinks negative of his fair skinned Great-Great-Great-Grandfather who help Found Morehouse College?:mjlol: @ 1:11

Mobb Deep Rapper Prodigy Reveals Great-Great-Great-Grandfather Founded Morehouse College | Welcome to Kollegekidd.com

4bOOjta.jpg

White, William Jefferson (1832-1913): Born to a white planter and mulatto slave, William Jefferson White was a cabinetmaker by trade and minister by vocation. Born in Elbert County, Georgia, he was taken to South Carolina as a child and returned to Augusta as an adult. He trained in carpentry at the Goodrich Lumber Company and later worked as a cabinet and coffin maker for the Platt Brothers, a furniture and undertaking firm. He also worked construction and helped build several churches and schools in the area. Light skinned and blue eyed, White could have easily "passed" but chose to live as a black man. During the 1850s he he organized clandestine schools for slaves and free blacks, earning him the title of "Father of Negro Education" in the Augusta area. In the days following the Civil War, he became an important figure in the early civil rights movement. He worked hard to forge close associations with the white citizenry, started the Harmony Baptist Church, championed Republican Party causes, and sat on the Board of Trustees for Spelman Seminary. In 1867 he founded the Augusta Institute, which is now Morehouse College

http://home.comcast.net/~michigaloot/blacks.html

Of course not....he's a part of Afram/Black history in the USA

John Hope was influenced by prodigy's ggg grandfather since they were both from Georgia...that race pride:blessed:

fExraGb.jpg

RCkEuMy.jpg

in 200 years the average 'black' person will be beige in complexion with green eyes.

:beli::mjlol::camby:

Knuckles Red

<3<3<3
Daps
No, in America, "Black" was already inclusive way before the One Drop Rule existed

John Hope was influenced by prodigy's ggg grandfather since they were both from Georgia...that race pride:blessed:

fExraGb.jpg

RCkEuMy.jpg

:beli::mjlol::camby:

Beck.er.

All Star
Daps
I've seen several posts where people try to pretend that biracial people blend in with black people when in reality its pretty easy to pick out a mulatto 9 times out of 10. Even Obama you can look at tell theres something else there.
bw1.jpg
depositphotos_6038158-Closeup-portrait-of-a-successful-African-American-business-man.jpg

^^^What typical African Americans looks like

VS

rs_634x1024-140507090137-634.Alicia-Keys-Givenchy-Contract.jl.050714.jpg

Corbin-Bleu.jpg

^^^What your typical mulattos look like

:usure: I mean...c'mon....
Wait, don't you look more like group b than group a?
The luxury of squatting over a full-body mirror, pulling apart your yellow buttcheeks to reveal your soft pink bootyhole wink at you as you wink back.

#lightskinnedluxuries
:scust:
Are you even a shade of brown?

Out of respect to actual black people maybe you should bow out this conversation until its decided whether high yella diet black near mulattoes are still acceptable. You may reapply in 6 months with a verified family tree (full 6 generation min.) and DNA results showing at least 75% SSA ancestry and no more than 15% Euro admixture. No exceptions accepted.

I see what you're doing, throwing your biracial brethren under the bus to distract from your own questionable credentials. You mulatto-peripherals, always trying to evade detection.

Last edited:

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
He's just gonna continue to post random pictures of random people to try and prove his point....whatever point that is....

My point is reality

As I said before, there were fair skinned but "Black/Afram" identified people long before an official One Drop rule existed (1910-1930s)

nYEMrEB.jpg

Vgkg5kz.png

UyNIoLi.jpg

Robert Purvis (August 4, 1810 – April 15, 1898)

was an African-American abolitionist in the United States. He was born in Charleston, South Carolina, educated at Amherst College in Massachusetts, and lived most of his life in Philadelphia. In 1833 he helped found the American Anti-Slavery Society there and the Library Company of Colored People. From 1845-1850 he served as president of the Pennsylvania Anti-Slavery Society and also traveled to England to gain support for the movement.

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
You people don't understand the concept of "black" in America. You can't erase hundreds of years of history just because you immigrated here from another country with your inferiority complex.

:myman:

Origins of African-American Ethnicity or African-American Ethnic Traits

The newly formed Black Yankee ethnicity of the early 1800s differed from today’s African-American ethnicity. Modern African-American ethnic traits come from a post-bellum blending of three cultural streams: the Black Yankee ethnicity of 1830, the slave traditions of the antebellum South, and the free Creole or Mulatto elite traditions of the lower South. Each of the three sources provided elements of the religious, linguistic, and folkloric traditions found in today’s African-American ethnicity.30

Essays on the U.S. Color Line » Blog Archive » The Color Line Created African-American Ethnicity in the North

jns9fn9.jpg