A mixed woman(Black mom/White Dad) says she's tired of Black People not taking her serious when she try's to talk about being a Black woman in America

Gritsngravy

Superstar
Daps
Like what? That was pretty much my question. Most of the stuff for which we try to define blackness doesn’t actual relate to anything tangible. And again, if we’re talking about descendants of black American slaves, then someone could have that lineage and still not be considered black… and that would just create more confusion.

Also keep in mind that I’m not FBA/ADOS. I’m second generation. So maybe my perspective is off. Just seems like most of these “what is black” conversations, outside of reparations, are arbitrary.
You already answered your own question, its political reasons, honestly I think nobody shouldn’t be claiming black unless you followed the American lineage

RareHunter

All Star
Daps
Your full of shyt smh. Most mixed women in general are confused and conflicted. The ones with white moms are not anymore humble or in touch with their blackness.

Not to mention for every example of a mixed women with a black mother who’s a c00n (Megan markle, maya Rudolph, tamera mowry), you have an example who is not:
Lauren London is a mixed bw with a black mom
Tia mowry is a mixed bw with a black mom
Jurnee smollet
Keyshia Cole

For every biracial with a black father who is a c00n (Doja cat, sage steele, Lionel Richie’s daugher, rashida Jones)
You have the ones who aren’t:
Zendaya (although she is with a wm)
Halle berry (although her kids are all by wm
Mariah Carey
Keke wyatt
Alicia keys
Maya

The reality is that with mixed people it will always be a toss up, regardless of if they have a black mom or a black dad.

Some are c00ns, some aren’t, but most are conflicted with their identity. And they aren’t the same as a person with 2 black parents. Y’all just want to claim mixed women with black fathers, because you’re a black man and want to feel free to pawg and create mixed children and call them black. But you can’t erase their white mama. And a white woman damn sure can’t pop out a black baby.
In a nutshell, which is why confusion continues to run abound and we are sinking further and further as a whole. Go to a white/asian board and they could have mi mix kids and still distinguish that they were in pure lust and still love their child without lying. When ppl do that, the child usually will be put in an odd position. I do think our ppl are naturally more accepting, but we don’t have to add confusion because what the white man says. That means we hold the white mans words in higher esteem.

RareHunter

All Star
Daps
When mixed people say they're not Black : "fukk them"

When mixed people say they're Black : "fukk them"
It’s not hard. A mixed person is mixed. It’s not hard at all.
In a nutshell, which is why confusion continues to run abound and we are sinking further and further as a whole. Go to a white/asian board and they could have mi mix kids and still distinguish that they were in pure lust and still love their child without lying. When ppl do that, the child usually will be put in an odd position. I do think our ppl are naturally more accepting, but we don’t have to add confusion because what the white man says. That means we hold the white mans words in higher esteem.

Diyhai

En Causa Sui
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
mixed people are not black, you can not be black with a white parent. black people such as me are descended from other blacks where being mixed gave you more privilege's than black slaves with two black parents when it was convenient. white passing mixed people were treated better during jim crow, and would to refuse to claim there blackness. Now that its cool to be black they want to be on our team, fukk outta here... Brazilians, colombians, south africans, dominicans know for a fact that a mixed person is not black, so why dont americans???
so if she has a child with a black man then what?
the child is black 3/4

Commish

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I didn't listen to what she had to say, so I can't speak on her experience..

However, based on the title alone, perhaps her best bet is to confine her opinions of her experience with people who actually care about her opinion.

Like other posters has said, some Black people don't take biracial people seriously for whatever reason. Some may hold biracial people in suspicion as not being genuine or sincere with their struggles??

But, I believe that some Black people don't see them has sharing the same Black experience as themselves, so there may be a disconnect there.

Personally, I never got along with half black/white women. They never treated me well so I don't pay then any attention. I havr eceived better reception from full blown white women and other biracial (not mixed with black/white) than those women.

So, maybe I am also a part of her problem. I wouldn't want to hear about her experience either because in my mind, there is no comparison between herself and myself who is a darker skinned Black male in America.

*shrugs*

Last edited: