A mixed woman(Black mom/White Dad) says she's tired of Black People not taking her serious when she try's to talk about being a Black woman in America

BelieveBeOK

Superstar
Daps
We always claimed our own...

If they claim themselves...

And she said what she said...
:yeshrug:

The Coli is different animal but when I was growing up wether you were considered "black" or not as a biracial was determined by a combination of factors like

- If you dated nikkas or white guys

- Your culture ( music you listed to, ppl you hung around with

- Wether your dad was black or not

- Shade of skin tone(It is what is)

- Side of the family you were closer with

Etc.
It was pretty easy to tell which biracials were considered black and which ones were
:mjpls:

Bc at the end of the day, race is social construct made up by humans.
This is me as far as mixed race people are concerned.

I judge them individually based on the factors you mentioned aboved. There are some who are just so intergrated into black culture that I genuinely believe they see themselves as 100% black on the inside.

Basically if they identify fully with their blackness and are unapologetic about it, I accept you as black, regardless of what the genetics might say.

Daps
Biracial black people have been black since we first touched down in this bytch, some of our fiercest fighters have been mixed and some of our biggest c00ns have been midnight black. I don’t judge them for being mixed they didn’t choose it I judge them for character:manny:

I gotta agree. Mixed/Biracial Black Americans have been some our biggest leaders. They should deserve a certain amount of respect when it comes to the conversation in our community.

I think the issue lies in how they are brought up and code switching. Many of them are brought up in white dominant households, which leads them to take on white viewpoints.

CarmelBarbie

At peace
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Charlotte
Based on plenty of experience.

Simple. She's the exception to the rule.

Again, the few exceptions doesn't make the rule.

Everybody knows that mulattos born to black fathers are usually more humble, well adjusted and more talented. The above quotes are from people who just want to deny what's in front of them.
Your full of shyt smh. Most mixed women in general are confused and conflicted. The ones with white moms are not anymore humble or in touch with their blackness.

Not to mention for every example of a mixed women with a black mother who’s a c00n (Megan markle, maya Rudolph, tamera mowry), you have an example who is not:
Lauren London is a mixed bw with a black mom
Tia mowry is a mixed bw with a black mom
Jurnee smollet
Keyshia Cole

For every biracial with a black father who is a c00n (Doja cat, sage steele, Lionel Richie’s daugher, rashida Jones)
You have the ones who aren’t:
Zendaya (although she is with a wm)
Halle berry (although her kids are all by wm
Mariah Carey
Keke wyatt
Alicia keys
Maya

The reality is that with mixed people it will always be a toss up, regardless of if they have a black mom or a black dad.

Some are c00ns, some aren’t, but most are conflicted with their identity. And they aren’t the same as a person with 2 black parents. Y’all just want to claim mixed women with black fathers, because you’re a black man and want to feel free to pawg and create mixed children and call them black. But you can’t erase their white mama. And a white woman damn sure can’t pop out a black baby.

Last edited:
Daps
Your full of shyt smh. Most mixed women in general are confused and conflicted. They are not anymore humble or in touch with their blackness.

Not to mention for every example of a mixed women with a black mother who’s a c00n (Megan markle, Diana Ross kids, maya Rudolph, tamera mowry), you have an example who is not:
Jurnee smollet
Keyshia Cole

For every biracial with a black father who is a c00n (Doja cat, sage steele, Lionel Richie’s daugher, rashida Jones)
Mariah Carey
Keke wyatt
Alicia keys
Maya

The reality is that with mixed people it will always be a toss up, regardless of if they have a black mom or a black dad.

Some are c00ns, some aren’t, but most are conflicted with their identity. And they aren’t the same as a person with 2 black parents. Y’all just want to claim mixed women with black fathers, because you’re a black man and want to feel free to pawg and create mixed children and call them black. But you can’t erase their white mama. And a white woman damn sure can’t pop out a black baby.
Touch a nerve, woman!?

As for your bottom paragraph, I've said and implied nothing of the sort. I don't give a damn about PAWGing or whatever. I only care about what I like.

Will Ross

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
I'm saying they're more comfortable with light skinned black people. There are lots of stories about people who don't look mixed sharing their experience around what cacs felt comfortable enough to say around them. They really let that anti black cism fly when they think they're talking to a dark skinned white person or Latino. They may even recognize the person is mixed but they'll have different energy around a logic type mixed person over someone who looks like Obama.

Whites will say crazy things around black people they feel comfortable around.

Will Ross

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Your full of shyt smh. Most mixed women in general are confused and conflicted. They are not anymore humble or in touch with their blackness.

Not to mention for every example of a mixed women with a black mother who’s a c00n (Megan markle, maya Rudolph, tamera mowry), you have an example who is not:
Jurnee smollet
Keyshia Cole

Mariah Carey
Keke wyatt
Alicia keys
Maya

what makes Rashida Jones a c00n?

Chrishaune

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Huntsville
She ain't lying about the priviledge. I've seen women that look like her get positions other black people can't get as quickly. The problem is women like this do sometimes end up feeling like they got it from their qualifications when it's more about outward appearance. You're getting put on a pedestal on both sides a lot of the times.

Gritsngravy

Superstar
Daps
You nikkas are delusional..:mjlol:. White Supremacy dictated the "One Drop Rule" when they started this shyt. :ufdup:
That’s why we have to come up with are own rules, some people only make decisions based on how “society” aka crackers look at people that’s why people lowkey still follow the one drop rule, I disagree with that so that’s why I think we need to make the distinction amongst ourselves regardless of how the outside world sees it

Gritsngravy

Superstar
Daps
How does that benefit black people? Unless you’re talking about who gets reparations, which would still not be limited to what some people consider black, it’s really only gonna be used to determine who gets to be the biggest victims
The less confusion the better, you make not think so but making that “whos black” distinction is a very important step in other shyt we may be looking for
Ain’t nobody mentioned shyt about being victims

Daps
The less confusion the better, you make not think so but making that “whos black” distinction is a very important step in other shyt we may be looking for
Ain’t nobody mentioned shyt about being victims
Like what? That was pretty much my question. Most of the stuff for which we try to define blackness doesn’t actual relate to anything tangible. And again, if we’re talking about descendants of black American slaves, then someone could have that lineage and still not be considered black… and that would just create more confusion.

Also keep in mind that I’m not FBA/ADOS. I’m second generation. So maybe my perspective is off. Just seems like most of these “what is black” conversations, outside of reparations, are arbitrary.