A mixed woman(Black mom/White Dad) says she's tired of Black People not taking her serious when she try's to talk about being a Black woman in America

DonB90

Superstar
Daps
Man... f*ck this mixed up bytch. She's been answering to a white man(Her daddy) her whole life so you know it's going to be a problem when a black man try's to tell her something.

This bytch has been enjoying that "Mixed Girl Previlage" her whole life.

She.... wait... hold up. I think I may have jumped the gun. Let's hear what this sister has to say. Her mom is Black so she can't be all that bad right? Everybody deseveres a chance to be heard!!!

pull out method no rubber could care less bout a birth control

King Sun

Big Boss
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
This mixed woman says she tired of yall Black people treating her like she can't talk about the struggles of being a Black woman in America because her daddy is a white man.

Do yall think a mixed woman(Black mom/White dad) is qualified to speak on the struggles of being a Black person in America or do yall look at her like... "You ain't black... you're mixed so you shouldn't be trying to talk about Black people's problems."

I just want to know who is she talking to that dismisses her blackness though :mjlol:. She is def not white passing

Tair

Superstar
Daps
What I’m saying is, if black people actually started looking out for our own best interest as a group it would put us at an advantage over others.

Like Claude Anderson has said, racism is a team sport and black people don’t know how to play it.

The racial classification system in and of itself is not what’s holding us back. The racial system I’m referring to, btw, is the actual scientific one (negroid, caucazoid, mongoloid, etc.) because I assumed that’s what you’re talking about.

What’s holding us back is the fact that, collectively, we’re not as naturally cutthroat as other groups of people are (especially CACs).

Explain what you mean by ethnicity, in this context and what it would have meant at that time?

Overall though, what I’m saying is

There’s a difference between white people saying “hey you guys are black” and us agreeing because we actually know that we are, indeed, black.

As opposed to letting white people tell us that a biracial person is the same as us, and us accepting it because white people said so, even though it’s clearly bullshyt.

Race is not a scientific fact. It doesn't exist and is more political. The whole "mongloid, negroid, caucasoid", are outdated classifications based on superificial racist views. They were not based in science.

If you wanted to argue in terms of genetics. The average Black person in America is not genetically the same as a person from Nigeria or Ghana. Our (Black American) DNA is a hodgepodge of differing African countries and European countries. So basing race on DNA is not wise in that regard because we would not be the same "racially" as someone from Africa.

What I mean by ethnicity is a shared lineage/heritage, language, identification, experience, etc...

Will Ross

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
I don't think it's that complicated. If you have to tell people you have a black parent (Halsey,Rashida Jones, Blake griffin) you're going to not be perceived as black by the majority of people and it'll look weird if you're trying to speak on black issues. A big part of anti black racism is how it's on sight. Cacs and their variants immediately know what they think of a person that looks like Obama vs a person that looks like Logic or klay Thompson.

The woman in the OP knows that she gets treated differently. Whether people want to admit it or not, cacs ARE more relaxed around lighter black people. She gets that. Her anger seems to come from the fact that people throw the fact that her father is a white man at her to defuse whatever activism she's trying to put forth. They don't trust someone raised by a white patriarch to be critical of white people genuinely. There's a suspicion that "you're doing this because you have baggage with your father, not because of anything really to do with black people and a shared understanding of the struggle"

I can see both perspectives to a degree but I think it should be the default human position to challenge white supremacy and regardless of her motivations, if she wants to genuinely make a difference she's more black to me than a hodgetwin or Candace Owen, Thomas Sowell, or Larry elder style lc00n.

white people don’t see biracial people as being different in America.

VoxSphere74

Banned
Daps
What I’m saying is, if black people actually started looking out for our own best interest as a group it would put us at an advantage over others.

Like Claude Anderson has said, racism is a team sport and black people don’t know how to play it.

The racial classification system in and of itself is not what’s holding us back. The racial system I’m referring to, btw, is the actual scientific one (negroid, caucazoid, mongoloid, etc.) because I assumed that’s what you’re talking about.

What’s holding us back is the fact that, collectively, we’re not as naturally cutthroat as other groups of people are (especially CACs).
Honestly Black Americans don't want to play on team "Black". They didn't during slavery, most didn't during segregation because they ran to whites right after segregation ended, and definitely not today.

They seek out what they think is the best option and that's trying to fit into a white system that wants nothing to do with them. White schools where their children are tormented, white neighborhoods where they're blocked from even moving in and then constantly harassed by whites, or shop in white businesses where they're followed around just for being Black on a tuesday.

Like trying to date someone who's rejected you 1000 times already. And that's fundamentally because they don't want to be Black or build anything among their own group.

So with that understanding, Black Americans are done. Black South Africans are likely done. But some in the Caribbean and in West Africa and a few other countries can probably work together. But even that will take time because people will have to be shown that they'll be more powerful by working together than trying to force inclusion in a non-Black system that doesn't want them.

Will Ross

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
They both do it. Mixed girls raised by white women are all over social media complaining about their racist white moms and how they weren’t taught anything about being a women of color by their white moms. They also say their white moms gas lighted them about their experiences growing up with brown skin, so it was hard for them.

Since they are raised by white women, they are just as likely to turn white girl on you, as the mixed girls raised by bw. The fact you think women raised by white women don’t turn white girl on you at times, is amusing though breh.

Regardless of whether their mom is black or white most mixed women in general have deep conflict with their identity and switch on and off from feeling mixed to wanting to be white, to feeling like they should be able to identify as black. They are mixed. People try to erase their white parent but that’s not how it works.

A white woman cant birth a black baby. A white man can’t co-create a black baby. But they can help create/birth a mulatto child.

Meghan Markle is the perfect example her mama is black but she denied her blackness.

RareHunter

All Star
Daps
Question:

If 2 mixed people (1 black/white, 1 black/latin) that grew up in only black communities, raised only by black folk, what would you consider them?

What would their kids be considered, if they only identify with their black heritage and culture?

I know people that fit this box and never considered them not to be black. I never really heard this until I came to this site. I'm mixed myself (black/white) and have been mistaken for being other nationalities (mostly dominican/rican) but always responded with "I'm Black" because that's all I know. If all the sudden I can no longer be who I've always been and speak what I've always known and feel how I've always felt, then I'd be pretty fukked up about it. Especially if it's coming from people I know.
They would be mixed. Also latin isn’t a lineage, but a culture. There are full blooded wooly haired black latin ppl, blue eyed blonde latin ppl, and mulato/mestizo (mix of black, white, taino,native,asian all in one).

Daps
LOL. Based on what? This is a baseless statement.
Based on plenty of experience.

Oh really now?

Please explain Doja Cat then :mjpls:
Simple. She's the exception to the rule.

:russ:This is wild because i feel like the opposite. Usually black men with white wives/bms are the worst (IE christian walker,dojacat, etc)
Again, the few exceptions doesn't make the rule.

Everybody knows that mulattos born to black fathers are usually more humble, well adjusted and more talented. The above quotes are from people who just want to deny what's in front of them.

Scustin Bieburr

Baby baybee baybee UUUGH
Daps
white people don’t see biracial people as being different in America.
I'm saying they're more comfortable with light skinned black people. There are lots of stories about people who don't look mixed sharing their experience around what cacs felt comfortable enough to say around them. They really let that anti black cism fly when they think they're talking to a dark skinned white person or Latino. They may even recognize the person is mixed but they'll have different energy around a logic type mixed person over someone who looks like Obama.

skylove4

Veteran
Daps
Biracial black people have been black since we first touched down in this bytch, some of our fiercest fighters have been mixed and some of our biggest c00ns have been midnight black. I don’t judge them for being mixed they didn’t choose it I judge them for character:manny:

Tair

Superstar
Daps
you ask a native american the same question or an Italian the will tell you its based on purity. if we are going by your logic if a biracial person can be black, then they can be white too...

Native Americans use blood-quantum rules to identify members, meaning a person only needs to be 1/4 Native American to identify as one.

What does "purity" mean? You keep using it but never really defined it.

Also,

Biracial + Black = non-Black?

Honestly Black Americans don't want to play on team "Black". They didn't during slavery, most didn't during segregation because they ran to whites right after segregation ended, and definitely not today.

They seek out what they think is the best option and that's trying to fit into a white system that wants nothing to do with them. White schools where their children are tormented, white neighborhoods where they're blocked from even moving in and then constantly harassed by whites, or shop in white businesses where they're followed around just for being Black on a tuesday.

Like trying to date someone who's rejected you 1000 times already. And that's fundamentally because they don't want to be Black or build anything among their own group.

So with that understanding, Black Americans are done. Black South Africans are likely done. But some in the Caribbean and in West Africa and a few other countries can probably work together. But even that will take time because people will have to be shown that they'll be more powerful by working together than trying to force inclusion in a non-Black system that doesn't want them.

What does

"Play on team Black" mean?

RareHunter

All Star
Daps

Yea, our ppl always been this way, especially AA’s. That’s what’s got us enslaved in the first place. We think everyone is our friend, even others with black skin. Ppl have lineages and tribes and know how to seperate to give inheritances. We don’t seem to understand that tho. Even stranger is purposely laying with ppl who so called oppress you., while complaining about them.