A man is suing BET for being forced to wear male clothes

Dooby

إن شاء الله
Daps
denying a person their human right to dress the way they want. Its not like he wanted to street clothes.

He wanted to wear woman clothing, pretty sure it would have been workplace friendly.

"dress the way they want" is that really a human right? Don't anally fetch things, brethren. :usure:

Just like bruddas

Couple shooters in the cut.
Supporter
Daps
Coming out the closet

:dead: nah man Im not gay or have the desire to wear woman's clothing.

Just thinking from another point now.

Im dont approve of Homosexuality but its their life. Think we have bigger stuff to worry about than what gay folks should wear

Elle Driver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
At the beginning of mean streets
Since "he" is transgender, is "he" a man or woman? :dwillhuh:

If he was born a man and is transgender
"dress the way they want" is that really a human right? Don't anally fetch things, brethren. :usure:

Why not? Muslim women are denied the right to practice their religion and wear head scarves in certain places, so if someone wants to wear a certain type of clothing and they're being denied it, then yes it is against their human right (especially in the workplace).

Dooby

إن شاء الله
Daps

Why not? Muslim women are denied the right to practice their religion and wear head scarves in certain places, so if someone wants to wear a certain type of clothing and they're being denied it, then yes it is against their human right (especially in the workplace).

What human right is that is what I'm fukking asking. Is that not clear?

Just like bruddas

Supporter
Daps
What human right is that is what I'm fukking asking. Is that not clear?

Human rights are "commonly understood as inalienable fundamental rights to which a person is inherently entitled simply because she or he is a human being

Will Ross

Superstar
Bushed
Daps

Can you wear anything you want to your job?

Dooby

إن شاء الله
Daps
Oh Im sorry, I didnt know it was a law that made you dressed a certain kind of way.

What does this have to do with anything we're talking about... :what:

But to answer your question, yes, there are laws in place that prevent people from dressing a certain way.

But BET is a privately owned company. If someone is showing too much skin, if someone is wearing something culturally insensitive, if someone is wearing something or doing something they don't want or like to be on THEIR air, they can choose not to have that person shown.

Elle Driver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
At the beginning of mean streets
If

Can you wear anything you want to your job?

It depends what your jobs dress code is, and even so, if it violates your first amendment right then you can fight against it. Look I'm not saying go to work naked or whatever, I'm just saying it's wrong that a queer man's rights were violated because some dumbass channel he worked for couldnt understand and acted ignorant.

Just like bruddas

Supporter
Daps
I just dont understand the problem here.
What does this have to do with anything we're talking about... :what:

But to answer your question, yes, there are laws in place that prevent people from dressing a certain way.

But BET is a privately owned company. If someone is showing too much skin, if someone is wearing something culturally insensitive, if someone is wearing something or doing something they don't want or like to be on THEIR air, they can choose not to have that person shown.

Youre not grasping it. Its laws to prevent people from dressing a certain kind of way yes, but we aren't talking about crazy off the wall shyt.

The man wanted to be treated as a woman and he wanted to wear woman's clothing.

Just like bruddas

Supporter
Daps
It depends what your jobs dress code is, and even so, if it violates your first amendment right then you can fight against it. Look I'm not saying go to work naked or whatever, I'm just saying it's wrong that a queer man's rights were violated because some dumbass channel he worked for couldnt understand and acted ignorant.

Thank you.

Seems everyone wanna judge and do shyt based on personal preference.

Will Ross

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
I just dont understand the problem here.

Youre not grasping it. Its laws to prevent people from dressing a certain kind of way yes, but we aren't talking about crazy off the wall shyt.

The man wanted to be treated as a woman and he wanted to wear woman's clothing.

A man dressing as a woman is not crazy to you?