A man is suing BET for being forced to wear male clothes

MAKAVELI25

the heir apparent
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang
But if the dress code is unreasonable they can sue the company for violating their first amendment right.

How do you gay people have extra freedoms nobody else gets? They can barely get married.

Whats so unreasonable about asking a man to dress like a man? :dahell:

MAKAVELI25

the heir apparent
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang
What if a man identifies as a woman and wants to dress as a woman because that's what they consider themself?

ReggieShrug.gif

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
Why'd they hire him then? :beli:

I mean I support freedom of expression, but they could have avoided the potential backlash.

And private companies tend to have "dress codes" right so how is this different?

I don't know if he really has a case.

I support gay rights but...I really don't see why/how he could be shown to be held against his will or something.

Will Ross

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Yes long as its Deemed appropriate for the work place. Company says only wear dress clothes...fine, but if the guy wanted to wear woman's dress clothes than whats problem?

Company says you can only wear, street clothes. Ok so whats wrong with a guy wearing woman's street clothes, or a woman wearing man street clothes.

Thats the point Im trying to make.

If a job has a formal dress code men wearing female clothing goes against that.
It would be no different then a person arguing why can't i wear my durag.

Soundbwoy

Accept to take the L
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Montreal
What if a man identifies himself as a baby and wants to walk around in a diaper, with a pacifier in his mouth? You'd say he's a creep or insane.
costanza-clapping.gif

we need to draw the line somewhere its not acceptable for a man to wear high heels and shyt

Daps
Why am I not surprised that pretty much everyone is ignoring the part where he claims he changed clothes like they asked, but they still pulled him from the show :snoop: (and he was even photo'd in the new outfit)

Lord Scion

Quality Games
Supporter
Daps
Ain't this the nikka jamie fox gay ass was on the radio calling beautiful multiple times

nikka said he was a mix between Rosario Dawson and.... i forgot who else but, nvm, I found the video

(pause)

HiphopRelated

In Broad Daylight
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
My brother's keeper
Why'd they hire him then? :beli:

That's my only question. Dude's an entertainer of some form and dressing like a woman seems to be part of what makes him...him. It's like hiring Liberace and telling him to lose the jewelry. What's the point? This seems more like their was a lower level decision to hire dude and then the higher ups caught wind late of who they REALLY got and dropped the hammer.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
If a job has a formal dress code men wearing female clothing goes against that.
It would be no different then a person arguing why can't i wear my durag.

You said that wrong.

Dress codes are...codes. Not inferences.

So the company would outline what they want men and women to wear, not that men/women innately have to wear certain things.