A man can be destroyed, but he can't be defeated: The 49ers 2014 official offseason thread

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
Let's not forget "Crack a bottle" Ahmad Brooks assaulting teamates with beer bottles cause they wanted to prevent him from drunk driving. Remember how we handled that one?

Oh, that's right. We didn't do anything
what was the org supposed to do about that exactly, shyt that happened in the offseason and had no formal charges ? suspend brooks and jeopardize getting a win because of that ?
you do that and we might have started the season 0-3

this aint 2000 anymore when we could suspend our best players on a whim, each win matters.

Im sorry, but losing games over some moral bullshyt doesnt seem like a good proposition to me, and Im glad the FO seems to agree in that regard

Daps
what was the org supposed to do about that exactly, shyt that happened in the offseason and had no formal charges ? suspend brooks and jeopardize getting a win because of that ?
you do that and we might have started the season 0-3

this aint 2000 anymore when we could suspend our best players on a whim, each win matters.

Im sorry, but losing games over some moral bullshyt doesnt seem like a good proposition to me, and Im glad the FO seems to agree in that regard

Well then you get scumbags like Aldon Smith.

That's the type of expectation you set for your team. And because were so lax on these type of topics, we`ll be missing Aldon Smith for much more than one game, as we all know he will be suspended surely in 2014.

But we`ll see in the future how much cuddling criminals does for us.

Ronnie Lott

#49erGang
Daps

That's the type of expectation you set for your team. And because were so lax on these type of topics, we`ll be missing Aldon Smith for much more than one game, as we all know he will be suspended surely in 2014.

When did you become a saint, a moralist and an overseer of everything bad? :beli:

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay

so by your logic, suspending a player for one game would then consequently not gotten aldon smith into trouble ? and vice versa, that we did not suspend a player means eventually our whole team will turn 'scumbags' ?

sorry, but thats laughable, it doesnt work like that.
a suspension does nothing in the grand scheme of things. dudes like aldon or pacman jones finna do stupid shyt no matter what. that doesnt mean its contagious or somehow affecting anyone else. the team is all grown boys who make own decisions.

Daps
When did you become a saint, a moralist and an overseer of everything bad? :beli:

When people have multiple dwi's and 3 assault weapon charges.

It's pathetic that people get on this trip like someone is being "holier than thou" in these type of situations.

This ain't weed or a traffic stop. Get your mouth of the athlete cock and you might be able to have some actual perspective on this.

Daps
The same drunk fukk that would come in threads talking crazy if we lost. I really don't take his opinion seriously.

It's all good my friend, you were never taken seriously either, for many reasons.

Are you somehow trying to compare me being drunk to Aldon Smith's issues? You would, that's how the idiocy of starfukking works.

Heretic

GOLDGANG...
Daps
Reppin
Alabama
It's all good my friend, you were never taken seriously either, for many reasons.

Are you somehow trying to compare me being drunk to Aldon Smith's issues? You would, that's how the idiocy of starfukking works.

You may have dui's dwi's or anything on your record but, I don't know or care what you do in your private life because it doesn't affect me at all. See how that works?

Ronnie Lott

#49erGang
Daps

It's pathetic that people get on this trip like someone is being "holier than thou" in these type of situations.

This ain't weed or a traffic stop. Get your mouth of the athlete cock and you might be able to have some actual perspective on this.

What do you want me to do? Go down to the 49ers office and picket and complain? :comeon: Are you going to go start a petition to get Aldon removed from the team? :rudy: seriously man, you are way too invested in these players lives.

You act like you are paying their salaries. I don't get all your extra motivation to keep on complaining about the same shyt that you have no power to change.

The 9ers front office and Jim Harbaugh obviously know a lot more about this situation than we do. They seem to be handling it fine.

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay

so what he has multiple dwis and 3 assault weapon charges

you think he should be locked up ? theres law for that, hasnt put him behind bars yet
you think he should be out of the league ? theres a committee for that. theyll suspend him but not for life

the reality is that you ignore these actual devices instituted to judge people in our country in the league, and want to judge players on your team by some separate standard. you want a player on your team gone for being a 'scumbag' in your world of standards.

you want a team of boy scouts, and the FO wants a team of winners. being a good guy isnt a profession.

its clear you care about winning less than having a team with good character guys on it and how it 'looks' to an average watcher. and many of us don't care about that. Ill trade any reputation for a superbowl win, right now and always.

the 49ers organization arent babysitters. they employ football players. when or if aldon cant play any games, they'll just throw him into the bushes. its normal. it's business. the 49ers org has ZERO responsibility for aldons actions.

Heretic

GOLDGANG...
Daps
Reppin
Alabama
so what he has multiple dwis and 3 assault weapon charges

you think he should be locked up ? theres law for that, hasnt put him behind bars yet
you think he should be out of the league ? theres a committee for that. theyll suspend him but not for life

the reality is that you ignore these actual devices instituted to judge people in our country in the league, and want to judge players on your team by some separate standard. you want a player on your team gone for being a 'scumbag' in your world of standards.

you want a team of boy scouts, and the FO wants a team of winners. being a good guy isnt a profession.

its clear you care about winning less than having a team with good character guys on it and how it 'looks' to an average watcher. and many of us don't care about that. Ill trade any reputation for a superbowl win, right now and always.

the 49ers organization arent babysitters. they employ football players. when or if aldon cant play any games, they'll just throw him into the bushes. its normal. it's business. the 49ers org has ZERO responsibility for aldons actions.

Could not have said it better myself.