A man can be destroyed, but he can't be defeated: The 49ers 2014 official offseason thread

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I don't see how you could miss out on going to a game at the Stick.

I came from NY in 2011 once the Harbaugh resurgence was about 8 games in, playing NYG.

It was amazing, never forget it.

That's you, though. You and I find value in different things. Instead of putting $5Gs (plane ticket is $2Gs alone) to go to SF and watch a game by myself, I invested the money.

Daps
That's you, though. You and I find value in different things. Instead of putting $5Gs (plane ticket is $2Gs alone) to go to SF and watch a game by myself, I invested the money.

2gs for a fukking plane ticket to SF? And what the fukk would the other 3g's go to?

Must suck to live in Canada.

B90X

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NINER EMPIRE
in the long run, we're all dead.

this staff hasnt shown they can work with rookie WRs, both cuz of coaches inability and merit system. Im fine with them picking up a vet.

I love the merit system but it also means there are no 'gut' surprises. vets and incumbents will always win out because they know the system or have played in the league before. you gotta have some balance.

I mean, we took AJ and barely got him out there. LMJ only got a chance because of injury. Dorsey only got the nt job cuz Ian went down and no disrespect to Ian but I think Dorsey is a much better player.
hell, for all we know if Alex doesnt get that injury and we go to the bowl he might be still our starter.

it took Patton nearly the whole season to get snaps, both because of injury and his unfamiliarity with the system. he was behind bums like KW and Moore, and I knew there was no way hed be beating them out from square one because the coaches dont do that shyt. I knew even tho Patton was talented, hed be behind bums anyway to start the season, even though everyone knows hes better than them. thats how shyt works, especially on offense.

if it wasnt Lloyd, the potential rookie would be behind Patton and Jon Baldwin even maybe.

that lack of trust in players transfers to our QB who looks for the same usual suspect. how is a WR supposed to be groomed when no one trusts him, and one needs trust and looks to become better ?

this is why Im fine with Lloyd. he can still do some things. there will be confidence in him. he wont be needed to be taught NFL basics. our staff wont have to be scared of putting him out there because hes proven.

I somewhat agree with you, but Aldon won the job over Parys because he was better. Reid won the FS job because he was better than Spillman and Dahl. Hell, Adam Snyder took over for Chilo because he was better than Chilo. The coaching staff is not afraid to make changes; If you're better, you're going to play.
I'm not ready to call Dorsey better than Ian Williams because, honestly, we've never even seen Ian Williams play.
I do agree with you about the coaching staff not being able to coach up the receivers, though.

B90X

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NINER EMPIRE
www.ninersnation.com/2014/4/21/5638208/terrelle-pryor-traded-to-seahawks-49ers-reportedly-were-in-the-mix

What is most interesting for 49ers fans is that PFT is also reporting the 49ers were involved in discussions for Pryor. The Seahawks only have their original seventh round pick (No. 32 in the round, No. 247 overall). That means either the Raiders did not want to deal to their regional rivals and 2014 opponent, or the 49ers were not willing to offer up any of their seventh rounders. Well, they weren't willing to offer them up beyond "conditional" status. It is possible the Seahawks offered their seventh with no conditions, while the 49ers would only offer their seventh with a condition that Pryor make the roster. We don't know for certain, but that's my guess.

Low Key, I always wondered why instead of trading for Lame they didn't try and trade for Pryor. I thought he better mimicked Kap in style of play.

Daps
Would rather be with someone. I'm not a dolo type of person.

I just checked for fun, from Montreal it's $492 buck to SFO.

Nice inflation on your part though, you're dramatics are appreciated.

Making it a $5000 weekend
10252%20-%20Raw%20Seth_Rollins%20autoplay_gif%20gif%20laughing%20smiling%20wwe.gif

B90X

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NINER EMPIRE
49ERS list of Pre Draft visits so far:

49ers pre-draft visits
ILB/OLB Carl Bradford, Arizona State
ILB Preston Brown, Louisville
WR Martavis Bryant, Clemson
RB Terrance Cobb, University of the Cumberlands
TE C.J. Fiedorowicz, Iowa (National Football Post)
OT Sentreal Henderson, Miami (CSN Bay Area)
TE Nic Jacobs, McNeese State (NFL.com)
RB Storm Johnson, Central Florida
OLB Demarcus Lawrence, Boise State
OL Matt Patchan, Boston College
WR Paul Richardson, Colorado
RB Terrance West, Towson University
WR Albert Wilson, Georgia State

One thing you don't see is any CB or Safety visits....

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I just checked for fun, from Montreal it's $492 buck to SFO.

Nice inflation on your part though, you're dramatics are appreciated.

Making it a $5000 weekend
10252%20-%20Raw%20Seth_Rollins%20autoplay_gif%20gif%20laughing%20smiling%20wwe.gif

1) I don't live in Montreal
2) I couldn't even get a flight to New York for $492

I'd spend longer than a weekend, too.

Last edited:
Daps
Saw this shyt on Webzone.

When the 49ers either cut/trade LMJ there will be 2 players from that 2012 draft on this team.
What a fukking joke, Baalke needs to catch some more heat.

AJ Jenkins - This guy was the guy Baalke was aiming for too, they knew the pick the second they were on the clock. Couldn't be more of a bust.

LMJ - Twitter Hoe and probably cost us the SB. Mr Unreliable

Joe Looney - done nothing. Maybe played a snap, i don't even know.

Darius Flemming - Can't tell you where the field is located at.

Trenton Robinson - Redskin

Jason Slowey - Arena Football League

Cam Johnson - Colts

You're talking about an entire class that was wasted.

B90X

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NINER EMPIRE
Saw this shyt on Webzone.

When the 49ers either cut/trade LMJ there will be 2 players from that 2012 draft on this team.
What a fukking joke, Baalke needs to catch some more heat.

AJ Jenkins - This guy was the guy Baalke was aiming for too, they knew the pick the second they were on the clock. Couldn't be more of a bust.

LMJ - Twitter Hoe and probably cost us the SB. Mr Unreliable

Joe Looney - done nothing. Maybe played a snap, i don't even know.

Darius Flemming - Can't tell you where the field is located at.

Trenton Robinson - Redskin

Jason Slowey - Arena Football League

Cam Johnson - Colts

You're talking about an entire class that was wasted.

Our secondary cost us the Superbowl.

That draft class was horrible, though. I think Looney has suited up for a few games and even played a few snaps, but honestly when he was drafted, he was drafted for depth and maybe to take a run at playing Center. He's basically doing what he was drafted to do.
Darius Flemming has been hurt, and Cam Johnson showed promise last pre-season but ultimately fell to the numbers game.

Daps
Our secondary cost us the Superbowl.

That draft class was horrible, though. I think Looney has suited up for a few games and even played a few snaps, but honestly when he was drafted, he was drafted for depth and maybe to take a run at playing Center. He's basically doing what he was drafted to do.
Darius Flemming has been hurt, and Cam Johnson showed promise last pre-season but ultimately fell to the numbers game.

I still say if that clown LMJ doesn't fumble when the game was 7-3 we win that game.

But we still had our shot.