A man can be destroyed, but he can't be defeated: The 49ers 2014 official offseason thread

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Maaaaaaaaan and Aldon?? In a perfect world, unless we could truly get someone of equal value or better, I just wish we could pay this guy little, keep him, monitor him better and just guide him to get his shyt together. If I was one of the players like Willis or Bowman, I would take dude under my wing and just make sure he acts right, as a friend and teammate
Lmao at equal value, guys like him come around every 20 years

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
lattimore is kinda like gore in that he isnt a power back, he needs space. but unlike Gore at this point, he has sick moves and cuts after he gets through the line.

I think his playing time will depend on his blocking. Gore is still at least a top 3 RB in pass blocking, and I think the real reason Hunter isnt used more.
Well he's bigger then gore, he's around 220

B90X

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NINER EMPIRE
I

I don't think it's that simple.

Addicts aren't just needing a mentor, he needs to want the change, seemingly he doesn't at this point.

I'm sure Justin, Bow and Willy have tried already

I agree with this. As much as I want Aldon on this team, he has to want to change to make sure he's on this team for a long time.
We'll likely never know if he was drinking/drunk at the airport. My guess is that a whole lot of nothing will come out of this specific incident once it's over (no charges filed), but it's doing nothing to help his reputation within the organization.

Daps
I agree with this. As much as I want Aldon on this team, he has to want to change to make sure he's on this team for a long time.
We'll likely never know if he was drinking/drunk at the airport. My guess is that a whole lot of nothing will come out of this specific incident once it's over (no charges filed), but it's doing nothing to help his reputation within the organization.

Yep.

No one knows what or why that happened at the airport, but it's more bad news from a guy who should be doing everything to only have good news next to his name.

Like I said, from having many family members being addicts to working with them every day, Aldon strikes me as one of the types that isn't ready yet and could get much worse

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
Yep, and he has 3 catches to his name for 43 yards.

He showd me nothing to be excited about.
he was the #4 option behind Boldin, VD, Crabs in a run-first offense with a qb who likes to throw it to first few options.

Im not sure what showing you anything excited to be about would be...a #4 option isnt catching even 30 balls in our offense, word to ginn

ahomeplateslugger

Superstar
Daps
he ran 46 routes on pass plays total. he was behind kw and moore to start the season, then got hurt.

where do get your stats/numbers from? i read your posts and sometimes see you posting numbers/stats for the most random crazy things. i remember you dropping some stats on olinemen's run blocking efficiancy once :heh:

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
where do get your stats/numbers from? i read your posts and sometimes see you posting numbers/stats for the most random crazy things. i remember you dropping some stats on olinemen's run blocking efficiancy once :heh:
pff
footballoutsiders

couple of other places with analytics

mostly pff though. its great for unbiased stats like snap count, and its good for overall player evaluation, though theres few caveats here and there in how they grade

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
Yea but the thing is Patton is young, has good upside, but the thing is, he needs snaps. The Brandon Lloyd signing, hurts in the long run. Patton needs snaps to get better. Maybe excitement is a bit extreme, but dude has all the tools needed to be a good #3 receiver, he is tough and shows a willingness to block and make catches from the sideline. He is like Josh Morgan 2.0, but he has a better QB chucking to him.

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
I

I don't think it's that simple.

Addicts aren't just needing a mentor, he needs to want the change, seemingly he doesn't at this point.

I'm sure Justin, Bow and Willy have tried already
He needs a change of scenery, a more stable environment where players stay out of trouble, where your coach will fight for you, competition is mandatory and there's a sense of togetherness in good times and in bad.

123013-NFL-Jets-Rex-Ryan-Stays-CQ-PI-CH.jpg

Daps
He needs a change of scenery, a more stable environment where players stay out of trouble, where your coach will fight for you, competition is mandatory and there's a sense of togetherness in good times and in bad.

123013-NFL-Jets-Rex-Ryan-Stays-CQ-PI-CH.jpg

I`d give you guys our garbage any day of the week.

Please, lets see what Idzik has to offen. We`ll take a few good Pizzas for em.

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
Yea but the thing is Patton is young, has good upside, but the thing is, he needs snaps. The Brandon Lloyd signing, hurts in the long run. Patton needs snaps to get better. Maybe excitement is a bit extreme, but dude has all the tools needed to be a good #3 receiver, he is tough and shows a willingness to block and make catches from the sideline. He is like Josh Morgan 2.0, but he has a better QB chucking to him.
in the long run, we're all dead.

this staff hasnt shown they can work with rookie WRs, both cuz of coaches inability and merit system. Im fine with them picking up a vet.

I love the merit system but it also means there are no 'gut' surprises. vets and incumbents will always win out because they know the system or have played in the league before. you gotta have some balance.

I mean, we took AJ and barely got him out there. LMJ only got a chance because of injury. Dorsey only got the nt job cuz Ian went down and no disrespect to Ian but I think Dorsey is a much better player.
hell, for all we know if Alex doesnt get that injury and we go to the bowl he might be still our starter.

it took Patton nearly the whole season to get snaps, both because of injury and his unfamiliarity with the system. he was behind bums like KW and Moore, and I knew there was no way hed be beating them out from square one because the coaches dont do that shyt. I knew even tho Patton was talented, hed be behind bums anyway to start the season, even though everyone knows hes better than them. thats how shyt works, especially on offense.

if it wasnt Lloyd, the potential rookie would be behind Patton and Jon Baldwin even maybe.

that lack of trust in players transfers to our QB who looks for the same usual suspect. how is a WR supposed to be groomed when no one trusts him, and one needs trust and looks to become better ?

this is why Im fine with Lloyd. he can still do some things. there will be confidence in him. he wont be needed to be taught NFL basics. our staff wont have to be scared of putting him out there because hes proven.