A man can be destroyed, but he can't be defeated: The 49ers 2014 official offseason thread

B90X

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NINER EMPIRE
Think the schedule comes out today. It looks we will open up on the road probably against seattle.....the 49ers supposedly want the first regular season game at Levi to be played in week two. Bet the opener at Levi will probably be against the Bears or Chiefs

Honestly, both Seattle/SF games are going to be nationally televised. I think it's a waste to have it as the kickoff game. Both of those games need to be in the 2nd half of the season.

The part about the Niners opening Levi Stadium in week 2 is true, though. I believe it was confirmed earlier this year or something. I'm banking on that game being against the Chiefs, though.

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
49ERS list of Pre Draft visits so far:

49ers pre-draft visits
ILB/OLB Carl Bradford, Arizona State
ILB Preston Brown, Louisville
WR Martavis Bryant, Clemson
RB Terrance Cobb, University of the Cumberlands
TE C.J. Fiedorowicz, Iowa (National Football Post)
OT Sentreal Henderson, Miami (CSN Bay Area)
TE Nic Jacobs, McNeese State (NFL.com)
RB Storm Johnson, Central Florida
OLB Demarcus Lawrence, Boise State
OL Matt Patchan, Boston College
WR Paul Richardson, Colorado
RB Terrance West, Towson University
WR Albert Wilson, Georgia State

One thing you don't see is any CB or Safety visits....

that means there going db heavy

Daps
I love that Vernon came out and put it out there that this is a SB or bust type of year.

You can tell he's getting sick of losing and it's nice to see a leader take the forefront and set the bar for this team

B90X

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NINER EMPIRE
Okay...so who's spot does he take then? These are our receivers as of today

Baldwin, Jon
Boldin, Anquan
Crabtree, Michael
Jacobs, Chuck
Lloyd, Brandon
Osgood, Kassim
Patton, Quinton
Reed, David
Sampson, DeMarco
Wylie, Devon

We're only dressing 5 for gameday. Locks are Boldin, Crabtee, Osgood, & Patton.

That leaves 1 roster spot battle for at least 4 guys (Rookie, Baldwin, Lloyd, and Chuck Jacobs). I'm assuming that if we draft a receiver within the first 100 picks, that receiver is going to A. make the roster and B. suit up on game days.
Why would you sign Brandon Lloyd to go toe to toe with a high draft pick? It doesn't make any sense. Sure, if the draft pick wins then you lose nothing (we're assuming that Lloyd got a Moss-like contract), but if Lloyd wins, you've basically wasted a draft pick. Even if you keep the guy on the 53 man roster, you're going to have to cut somewhere else.
I just don't see it happening. After this signing, I'm thinking we don't get a receiver until the later rounds.

I was thinking about this. I think we do end up drafting a receiver if we're successful in moving LMJ, provided the new receiver takes over the PR/KR duties. Or even if he doesn't, somebody else who was already on the active roster does (Perrish Cox, for example).
In doing this, we'll basically be losing a RB on game days (LMJ didn't play offense that often anyways), but it'll allow us to dress 5 receivers. This will be ideal especially if the rumors of more 3 receiver sets are true.

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
www.ninersnation.com/2014/4/21/5638208/terrelle-pryor-traded-to-seahawks-49ers-reportedly-were-in-the-mix

Low Key, I always wondered why instead of trading for Lame they didn't try and trade for Pryor. I thought he better mimicked Kap in style of play.

Wow that kinda blows, it actually makes me feel better about the Blaine Gabbert signing, I always wondered why we didn't trade for Terrell Pryor he would have been an ideal fit for our offense. Seahawks are not fukking around.

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
I dont know, I was never impressed by pryor. guy can run but thats about it. his inability (or unwillingness) to throw the ball away when there was nothing there, was maddening when I was watching raider games.

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
but adam snyder already had experience, and I dont think coaching staff liked parys that much, that change happened when they just came in, same as throwing spencer in the bushes

reid is the only one that really shows a rookie getting a start, and its partly because dahl is horrible, imo

the guys we'll get at CB this draft will also likely start (well at least one anyway). no WR is starting over Quan or Crabs

I don't think it's so much not liking Haralson, but we loaded up on LBs and felt that he had done all he can do. We need to find another bruiser in the draft. I just didn't think we would Trade Cam Johnson as well that was a head scratcher.

I dont know, I was never impressed by pryor. guy can run but thats about it. his inability (or unwillingness) to throw the ball away when there was nothing there, was maddening when I was watching raider games.

I like Pryors mobility and he has a very big arm, but is not a great decision maker, I agree, he is wreckless with the ball.

Daps

I liked how he started off, but he quickly got solved by NFL defenses.

FakeNews

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Bl8claUCQAAdD7D.png:large

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
man monday night at rams and then an away game in denver is fukking bs

on the plus side after that tough away stretch, our last 6 games are on the west coast, and 5 in the bay area.