A man can be destroyed, but he can't be defeated: The 49ers 2014 official offseason thread

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
They bailed on Patton because it's cover 3. Sherm knew he only had Crabs to his side and that's why it looks manned up. That's also why the OLB bailed and was helping underneath. They had no one threatening his zone so he ran towards the only WR on his side. He was coached up awesomely because most LB's would just sit like a dummy and look for a crosser.

This is especially on Kaep because he should've KNOWN it was cover 3 and that the weak spots are the short flats AND it's on Harbs for not calling more routes under Crabs to flood the zone. If you're going to make Crabs the first read in this play he should understand his QB doesn't often move his eyes from one side of the damn field to the next and at least had Frank pull the eyes of the LB so it's just an incomplete rather than a pick from deflection.

:ehh: I can't disagree here.

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
They bailed on Patton because it's cover 3. Sherm knew he only had Crabs to his side and that's why it looks manned up. That's also why the OLB bailed and was helping underneath. They had no one threatening his zone so he ran towards the only WR on his side. He was coached up awesomely because most LB's would just sit like a dummy and look for a crosser.

This is especially on Kaep because he should've KNOWN it was cover 3 and that the weak spots are the short flats AND it's on Harbs for not calling more routes under Crabs to flood the zone. If you're going to make Crabs the first read in this play he should understand his QB doesn't often move his eyes from one side of the damn field to the next and at least had Frank pull the eyes of the LB so it's just an incomplete rather than a pick from deflection.
I think its the right read by kaep. a better throw to a better fade threat like boldin against a worse corner gets the job done.
problem is kaep hasnt shown he can make these throws, crabs havent shown he can catch those fades, and sherman has shown he's really good, lol

this was a no-huddle play that offense rushed. crabs not going out of bounds couple of plays earlier hurt us imo.

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
Honestly, this is a perfect call as far as the d-coordinator goes. The defense played it perfectly and Kearse made a play. This is one of those times you just gotta :yeshrug:

The play they should be looking at is the 3rd and 22. Fangio had everyone bailing to the point they allowed a check down to get 15 yards. He should've stayed in aggressive man rather than backing off especially since none of the Seahawks WRs are that dangerous.
I disagree. I dont like any of our safeties man up. we have a nickel cb for that. Id rather have a LB on WR in 3WR sets. we need our average safeties to help our average corners.
you have to remember its 3rd and 7. as good as marshawn is, they are not running it, not even close. wilson has 3 WRs matched up one on one and wilson if anything throws an accurate deep ball

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
I also read somewhere eric wright is in doghouse and Im pretty sure he will be thrown into the bushes. so potentially los (if he doesnt restructure), brown and wright are all gone.

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Really a comedy of errors on that last drive. Didn't take advantage of the 2 timeouts we had left. :shaq2:

calh45

Cal
Daps
I think its the right read by kaep. a better throw to a better fade threat like boldin against a worse corner gets the job done.
problem is kaep hasnt shown he can make these throws, crabs havent shown he can catch those fades, and sherman has shown he's really good, lol

this was a no-huddle play that offense rushed. crabs not going out of bounds couple of plays earlier hurt us imo.

We still had two timeouts at the point. It'd be the right read at any other time, but part of reading is knowing the personnel and situation. They're going to protect the end zone on deep throws anyway. You make that throw to Crabs against Maxwell, Thurman, Thomas, or Chancellor not against Sherman. Also, if you make that read you better make damn sure it's long not short.

calh45

Cal
Daps
I disagree. I dont like any of our safeties man up. we have a nickel cb for that. Id rather have a LB on WR in 3WR sets. we need our average safeties to help our average corners.
you have to remember its 3rd and 7. as good as marshawn is, they are not running it, not even close. wilson has 3 WRs matched up one on one and wilson if anything throws an accurate deep ball

If I remember right Carlos Rogers was on Kearse when he caught the TD. That matchup was a good as it could be. Whitner could've came quicker, but there was a man there to make a play on the ball and he missed. There wasn't anything necessarily special about the throw because it was almost swatted down.

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
If I remember right Carlos Rogers was on Kearse when he caught the TD. That matchup was a good as it could be. Whitner could've came quicker, but there was a man there to make a play on the ball and he missed. There wasn't anything necessarily special about the throw because it was almost swatted down.
los on kearse is questionable tbh. los isnt fast, kearse is. our corners are not very good one on one man. we need that help

I agree about the 3rd and 22, way too soft. thats where the bend not break defense caught up with us

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
We still had two timeouts at the point. It'd be the right read at any other time, but part of reading is knowing the personnel and situation. They're going to protect the end zone on deep throws anyway. You make that throw to Crabs against Maxwell, Thurman, Thomas, or Chancellor not against Sherman. Also, if you make that read you better make damn sure it's long not short.
right, I agree with all of this. it was a right read if you dont look at names, which is what I said initially on sunday.

Daps
So I was just thinking about that final play, and how similar it was to the one that ended the Super Bowl.

Have we ever had any success on Kaepernick throwing fade passes? As I recall we really don't. Only one I can ever remember Crabs making was on Arizona in 2012 with Alex as the QB.

So many better options than to choose to throw that pass, saw them play it back again today on NFL network, Sherman had him blanketed the whole time.

Just a terrible fukking decision on a player that is rarely ever effective for us

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
So I was just thinking about that final play, and how similar it was to the one that ended the Super Bowl.

Have we ever had any success on Kaepernick throwing fade passes? As I recall we really don't. Only one I can ever remember Crabs making was on Arizona in 2012 with Alex as the QB.

So many better options than to choose to throw that pass, saw them play it back again today on NFL network, Sherman had him blanketed the whole time.

Just a terrible fukking decision on a player that is rarely ever effective for us

I could understand if it was Randy but to Crabs with Sherman covering and missing short is just bad bad bad.

Don't think were gonna get that opportunity for a while.

B90X

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NINER EMPIRE
los on kearse is questionable tbh. los isnt fast, kearse is. our corners are not very good one on one man. we need that help

I agree about the 3rd and 22, way too soft. thats where the bend not break defense caught up with us

On that play, Los actually had decent coverage. Baldwin was also (wide) open on the play, and I actually think Russ was throwing to Baldwin, so if Kearse doesn't make that catch, Baldwin does.

My thing is this, if you're going to jump offsides, just go all out and make the refs blow the play dead. Nothing good ever comes of starting and the stopping.

sfgiants

BANNED
Daps
Reppin
NULL
http://www.giants101.com/2014/01/23...baugh-is-a-bytch-who-will-never-win-anything/

:heh: :umad: :pacspit:

Daps
I could understand if it was Randy but to Crabs with Sherman covering and missing short is just bad bad bad.

Don't think were gonna get that opportunity for a while.

Yep that decision is just inexcusable

Colin explaining how hell take that matchup anytime on that throw is a real reason for concern, coaching staff needs to call him on that one.

Confidence is one thing, that's just ignorance and arrogance on that decision