A man can be destroyed, but he can't be defeated: The 49ers 2014 official offseason thread

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
I figured it was understood that any suggestions of drafting a legit receiver is if we lost one of our starters.
if thats so, thats ok with me. with that said, we arent getting aj green where we're drafting and staff has no track record of developing any skill offensive player besides kaep

#StarkSet

Stark till I die
Supporter
Daps
depends on who we let go. we prolly go DB if we keep quan and let go of corners or whitner, or WR if we let go of quan and keep db's
I think we're going db no matter what

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
apparently clowns from webzone only do film breakdown when we win

so some thoughts from rewatching coaches film

heres 4th and 7 play, which was really the turning point. we went from 3rd and 22 to 4th and 7 to TD

2D36bre.png

we are completely screwed here. you can argue seattle WRs run this play only because of offsides, but we are left with our pants down. reid is one on one, los is one on one and brock (or is it brown here ?) is one on one here on simple wr streaks. whitner is extremely slow to react to wilson, basically covering air on other side. now he prolly doesnt make it to kearse but this is just defense playing one of he worst possible schemes against this offensive play

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
the last play of the game, theres not much to say, it was said before multiple times. pre snap read of one on one. Id point out the seattle other corner basically ignoring patton and going back to endzone. they basically triple covering q even though a marino-like throw would still find boldin prolly (ie hes not totally covered). patton is disrespected here big time.

rDDlEGn.png

Ndaj7d0.png[

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

heres 4th and 7 play, which was really the turning point. we went from 3rd and 22 to 4th and 7 to TD

2D36bre.png

we are completely screwed here. you can argue seattle WRs run this play only because of offsides, but we are left with our pants down. reid is one on one, los is one on one and brock (or is it brown here ?) is one on one here on simple wr streaks. whitner is extremely slow to react to wilson, basically covering air on other side. now he prolly doesnt make it to kearse but this is just defense playing one of he worst possible schemes against this offensive play

This play infuriated me. Felt that L when I saw that.

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
the last play of the game, theres not much to say, it was said before multiple times. pre snap read of one on one. Id point out the seattle other corner basically ignoring patton and going back to endzone. they basically triple covering q even though a marino-like throw would still find boldin prolly (ie hes not totally covered). patton is disrespected here big time.

Ndaj7d0.png[

I think even if Kaep saw Patton, he wouldn't have had a chance to hit him. Probably sacked, fumble, pass deflected. This play pisses me off too. Why a jump ball to Crabs when he's got Sherman on him. Would have rather Kaep missed long than miss short. eh....:to:

Can't even read the 9er boards. Too many clowns there.

#StarkSet

Stark till I die
Supporter
Daps

2D36bre.png

I rather be in man free then any other coverage against wr streaks

Los still got a finger on the ball

Whitmer is standing there with his thumb up his ass

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
I think even if Kaep saw Patton, he wouldn't have had a chance to hit him. Probably sacked, fumble, pass deflected. This play pisses me off too. Why a jump ball to Crabs when he's got Sherman on him. Would have rather Kaep missed long than miss short. eh....:to:

Can't even read the 9er boards. Too many clowns there.
Im not even advocating throwing to patton here necessarily (although sack is prolly out of question, line protecting pretty well there), just sad to see teams disrespecting anyone not named vd boldin or crabs like that...obviously the trio finna command more attention, but to plain give a dude 8-10 yards with open path to out of bounds...the corner doesnt even look at him, he straight runs to the endzone :dead:

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
I rather be in man free then any other coverage against wr streaks

Los still got a finger on the ball

Whitmer is standing there with his thumb up his ass
reid or whitner, basically any safety one on one has burned this team before...this whole play got clusterfukked because of aldons offside, and whole team seemed slow to react

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Im not even advocating throwing to patton here necessarily (although sack is prolly out of question, line protecting pretty well there), just sad to see teams disrespecting anyone not named vd boldin or crabs like that...obviously the trio finna command more attention, but to plain give a dude 8-10 yards with open path to out of bounds...the corner doesnt even look at him, he straight runs to the endzone :dead:

If you watch the clip, Kaep's about to get creamed right there from my vantage point. Can't tell in the pic though. I only brought up the pass to patton cuz I saw other folk complain about it.

But yea, the sheer disrespect to patton speaks volumes on the problems with this O. When you completely phase out some of the players on the field, you make it a lot easier for defenses.

:mindblown:

calh45

Cal
Daps

2D36bre.png

Honestly, this is a perfect call as far as the d-coordinator goes. The defense played it perfectly and Kearse made a play. This is one of those times you just gotta :yeshrug:

The play they should be looking at is the 3rd and 22. Fangio had everyone bailing to the point they allowed a check down to get 15 yards. He should've stayed in aggressive man rather than backing off especially since none of the Seahawks WRs are that dangerous.

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Looking at it again... maybe Kaep is able to side step that or step up into the pocket and make a play... AD had a poor game.

dssqde.gif

The one play where I wish Kaep took off early. :damn:

calh45

Cal
Daps

rDDlEGn.png

Ndaj7d0.png[

They bailed on Patton because it's cover 3. Sherm knew he only had Crabs to his side and that's why it looks manned up. That's also why the OLB bailed and was helping underneath. They had no one threatening his zone so he ran towards the only WR on his side. He was coached up awesomely because most LB's would just sit like a dummy and look for a crosser.

This is especially on Kaep because he should've KNOWN it was cover 3 and that the weak spots are the short flats AND it's on Harbs for not calling more routes under Crabs to flood the zone. If you're going to make Crabs the first read in this play he should understand his QB doesn't often move his eyes from one side of the damn field to the next and at least had Frank pull the eyes of the LB so it's just an incomplete rather than a pick from deflection.

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Honestly, this is a perfect call as far as the d-coordinator goes. The defense played it perfectly and Kearse made a play. This is one of those times you just gotta :yeshrug:

The play they should be looking at is the 3rd and 22. Fangio had everyone bailing to the point they allowed a check down to get 15 yards. He should've stayed in aggressive man rather than backing off especially since none of the Seahawks WRs are that dangerous.

Receiver made a big play.